Search Unity

Realistic GPU particles system for Unity

Discussion in 'Physics' started by satolas, Aug 2, 2017.

1. satolas

satolas

Hello everyone :)
    particle-system.PNG

I'm wondering if there is a particle system that have been developped for unity doing this kind of results :

This you tube video was a demo of the apex turbulence particle system (unreal engine, cryengine..) from 2009.
    Since 2009 I can imagine that some genius people made similar particle systems on the awesome Unity engine :)

I have some exemples, but so accurate than that one...no ^^
    I'm planning build, or enhance some existing gpu particles systems for Unity.
    So, youtube videos, assets, game documentations, exemples, references of others particle systems are welcome !

Thanks for your time.
    Hope we found out some nices particle systems.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  2. Artaani

Artaani

3. satolas

satolas

Artaani,
    thanks for the answer
    I already knew mega-flow, do you think the case that I showed on the first message its calculated the same way ?
    I could give a try with mega flow, the problem is that the particle system doesn't seems to be procedural. I mean that if your asset's shape its changing in Runtime the flow will be still the same, am I wrong ?

Also megaflow gives the feature to simulate the behaviour of the wind in one speed, on moment I guess... In the video exemple from 2009 was its really impressive is that the particules system reacts to the speed of the car and the particules behaviour seems to change all the time.

The asset you gave seems nice but there is no support of collision.
    Could be interesting to implement that tho.

4. satolas

satolas

Just to be more precise :
    I'm maybe looking for Real time Physics solvers.
    Of course if the result of megaflow is that nice why not, but the forum its also a nice place to experiment and tryout things :)

Exemple there at 6:20 and at 7:50

5. satolas

satolas