Search Unity

RageTools: Flash-like 2D Vectors and GUI for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MaDDoX, Oct 4, 2011.

1. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Hi FlyingKiwi. I've just checked out your claim and actually one of the demo files (gradient-horiz.svg) uses the first format you mention, and imports flawlessly. So it's probably something else. Could you please send a sample .svg with the issue to contact@freakow.com?

2. FlyingKiwi

FlyingKiwi

Hi MaDDoX,

Did you receive my email with the extra information / SVG files?

3. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

Hello MaDDoX. Is there a way to get a special price on RageSuite (or just RageTools and RageTools Pro) as I already have RageSpline? (Also I went and bought the new SVG Importer before I knew that your were back and upgrading the Rage assets to Unity 5.x. And as you know it is impossible to get refunds on the Asset Store).

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  4. ISI-Automation

ISI-Automation

Hi Maddox,

we would like to update our RageSuite but it seems that your website is down!?
    How can we upgrade now?

Regards

5. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Hi guys, sorry for the recent absence, things got *really* haywire here at University, not unusual when the end of the year zooms in. We're still resolving our website issue, it got hacked and unfortunately our provider has been less than helpful to get us back in action. If situation persists we'll have to migrate to another provider, which is also painful and slow. Meanwhile please contact us through contact@freakow.com as usual for any problems you get.

PS.: Yes, RageSuite is getting an update soon.

6. ISI-Automation

ISI-Automation

Hi Maddox...
    just dropped you an email.

7. varonimus

varonimus

Hi MaDDoX, I also have the problems with this <stop offset="0" style="stop-color:#FF0000"/> discovered by FlyingKiwi
    Inkscape and Ai read it, but I have no chance to convince them to use the other format.

8. varonimus

varonimus

Ok. Here is the fix for the gradient issue:
    in _Freakow\RageTools\Code\RageSvgInStyler.cs : 270
    stopColor = style.Value;
    // old: stopColor = svgValue;

9. ibyte

ibyte

Hey Breno, long time no chat - I was updating my ragespline/ragetools in a older project after migrating to Unity 5.2.3. When I went to upgrade the packages it seems the code was moved _Freakow some (long) time ago. I now get dup refs. Is it safe to just delete the old code? I don't want to pooch my project or have to go looking for a pile of missing script references.

Thanks

10. ibyte

ibyte

Anybody home?

11. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Nice catch Varonimus, thanks, I'll add it to the main version. Hey ibyte, what's up? Sorry, I was on vacation, whenever you get an urgent issue make sure to e-mail me on contact@freakow.com. To answer your question, safest way to update an old project (it's been more than a year since we reorganized folders) is to recreate the new folder structure in your project, making sure to move the files around within Unity, then importing the latest version. This way you won't lose any reference and things should 'just work'. That's a general Unity tip btw, not restricted to RageTools itself. Hope it helps!

12. ibyte

ibyte

Hey MaDDox, ya I figured it out after experimenting a bit. :)

13. stroll1991

stroll1991

My Unity got stuck when i try to load all svg files in a folder, how can i avoid this kind of case?

14. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Hi Stroll. Did you try importing each of the files individually and it worked? This kind of issue is generally related to one of the SVG files crashing the parser. If you pinpoint which file is causing the issue I'd like to check it out.

15. roady

roady

Updated Unity to 5.3.2 and RageSpline to 1.6.7

Now suddenly RageSpline doesn't appear behind (in depth) NGUI anymore.

I've been using a shader for RageSpline. Any suggestions on how to make RageSpline to be behind NGUI again?
    Code (csharp):
    2. Shader "Custom/RagesplineBehind" {
    3. Properties {
    4. _MainTex ("ParticleTexture", 2D) = "white" {}
    5. }
    6. SubShader {
    10. Tags { "QUEUE"="Transparent" "IGNOREPROJECTOR"="true" "RenderType"="Transparent" }
    11. Pass {
    12. Tags { "QUEUE"="Transparent" "IGNOREPROJECTOR"="true" "RenderType"="Transparent" }
    13. BindChannels {
    14. Bind "vertex", Vertex
    15. Bind "color", Color
    16. Bind "texcoord", TexCoord
    17. }
    18. ZWrite Off
    19. Cull Off
    20. Fog {
    21. Color (0,0,0,0)
    22. }
    23. Blend SrcAlpha OneMinusSrcAlpha
    24. SetTexture [_MainTex] { combine texture * primary }
    25. }
    27. }
    28. }

UPDATE

I Changed the Queue to "Queue"="Background" and now it works again.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  16. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

roady: Glad you got it working, I'm no shader expert and RageSpline shaders are made to be simple and as fast as possible.

Just as a heads up, RageSpline / Tools and RageTools Pro are still supported. I had to temporarily suspend new feature development due to my masters' thesis final months, but when I tested the latest packages with the latest Unity versions it worked just fine, aside from a couple innocuous warnings.

Bear with me, I got a couple big news for the second semester :)

17. DeepShader

DeepShader

That sounds great :)

So there will be new updates and features in the Asset-Store-Version next time?

18. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Yes, you can count on that.