Search Unity

RageSpline - Create smooth 2D graphics inside Unity Editor - RELEASED

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by keely, Apr 23, 2011.

1. junk-182

junk-182

Hello. Can i use texture from atlas(2D Toolkit) in RageSpline?

2. Skjalg

Skjalg

Is it possible for me to set a limit (0-1) for the mesh generation on a spline?

Lets say I have created a path on a map using the spline and I want to draw the path up to the point where the player is (from 0 to 1). Is this possible using RageSpline?

3. keely

keely

Yes there is scripting API to sample the spline(s).

4. Jalouse

Jalouse

HI,

is there any tutorial on the Shaders included to render the splines ? i am looking for a way that Splines are affected by lighting ?

Thanks

5. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

No Jalouse. The included shader is very simple though, any basic shader tutorial for Unity should point you in the right direction. As a pointer, you're probably looking for a pixel shader with alpha transparency support.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi there. I was curious if RageSpline would be appropriate for creating a map with smoother coastlines like this:

I noticed that RageSpline has texture support. Would that allow me to have a spline-based coastline, filled with an ordinary .PNG texture? My goal is to have a landmass with a spline-based natural coastline, but with a texture inside the shape for more natural-looking grass. (Mainly ignoring the mountains and trees for now.)

7. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Yes Ashking, you can do that easily. Bear in mind that the inner lakes might pose a problem, RageSpline is not designed to support actual holes. It's relatively easy to emulate that with C-like shapes (bringing the "C" opening really close so as to make it look like an "O") but it might ruin the stroke effect you're after. Of course if you don't need an actual hollow area you can simply stack other shapes on top of the ground to work as the blue lakes, in that picture's case.

8. sevensails

sevensails

Is this asset still supported? Is it Unity5 compatible?

9. sevensails

sevensails

Is it possible to animate de Spline Points in RunTime?

10. TheMonkeysaur

TheMonkeysaur

Is this still supported? Does it still work?