Search Unity

[Question] What tutorial do you want to see?

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by zotey, Dec 8, 2016.

1. zotey

zotey

Hey everyone,

Soon I have alot of extra free time and I always wanted to make unity tutorials on basically anything. Do you guys have an nice/good idea what to do? Or better what do you want to see next as a tutorial? (be serious, MMORPG's aren't in my scope I am not an army of developers!)

Regards,

Zotey

2. Gametyme

Gametyme

How experienced are you?

3. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Anything on lighting - is always very helpful.
    Advanced ragdoll stuff - anything beyond the basics would be great.

4. MHUnity

MHUnity

As I reference on my topic further down the page, it would be good to do a tutorial -- but not to focus on a single specific aspect or part, excluding other parts you assume a viewer already fully understands and knows Best Practise. For example, the Animator2b says do a "lighting tutorial", which would be great, but please be careful not to fill the non-lighting aspects of this tutorial with half arsed code just to make a bare bones lighting system work.

Or if you do work in this way, can you please make a clear note on the tutorial to help people clearly define what is "good" to do and what is just half arsed code to make something work in draft form.

Cheers

5. LadyAth

LadyAth

My little wishlist of tutorials:
    * Base building (walls/boundaries as well as decorating inside with objects found in the world)
    * Pet system (companion AI that requires feeding, playing with, sleeping, etc)
    * Mount system (horses, but also other fantasy pets)

And +1 on what MHUnity said. Context and good practice is as important as the detail.

6. Nivalan

Nivalan

I've been wanting to get into procedural generation (creating terrain, then a road system for a city, then buildings (and possibly like randomly generated addresses xD))