Search Unity

Question regarding how to create a carousel type menu screen with images, text, etc.

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by Hydroe, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Hydroe

Hydroe

Hi,

I wasn't exactly sure to word my question so I thought I'll go into much further detail here. I started using Unity 1 month ago and haven't spent much time with UnityGui. What I want to do is create a carousel type menu screen (seen in the image below), and have the panels move left and right as the user moves between them. I'm looking to put clickable/rollover images with text and some basic styling on each of the panels. As the user selects through the screens the content will go with the panel either as a mesh or in-front.

$penels.png

Currently I can get it to work however it is extremely "sketchy", I'm loading images into textures into rects which then can be hovered by using rect.contains. To be able to place these rectangles properly on top of the 3d object I have to convert the co-ordinates of the 3d object from world space to screen space. Then to move the objects I'm using iTween to ease each object individually into it's new location. Is there an easier/more efficient way to accomplish what I've done, perhaps creating my menu and then apply it to the mesh of the 3d object?

2. dkozar

dkozar

Carousel is a complex layout-thing where the layout mechanism takes care of positioning, scaling and z-order.

I suggest to look at the open-source GUI frameworks on internet to see how it's done.

3. Coder1983

Coder1983