Search Unity

Publishing to Daydream Rejection due to app not pausing

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by duncangroberts, Jan 27, 2017.

1. duncangroberts

duncangroberts

Hi there,

I've submitted my game to the daydream VR store but unfortunately it is being rejected for the given reason:

1 The app does not pause when a user selects the home or back button

I have implemented some code in all of my scenes allowing the user to quit when pressing the small x in the corner of the screen or the back button, as shown in the GVR teleport demo scene but I'm not really sure what the above refers to or how to implement it. The quality requirements page states that pausing is not a requirement but a recommendation, can anyone help with how to pass this requirement?

Thanks,

Duncan

2. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

What version of Unity are you using? Can you post a small repro project?

duncangroberts likes this.
  3. duncangroberts

duncangroberts

4. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

Please upgrade to at least GVR13 as that has the latest Google NDK integrated into it.

5. duncangroberts

duncangroberts

Will do thanks, hopefully this will solve the issue.

6. overfile

overfile

Hello,
    I have the same issue, i'm using GVR Unity SDK v1.10.0, android-ndk-r10e and Unity Daydream Preview 5.4.2f2-GVR13.

I can't use Android NDK r13b with Unity Daydream Preview 5.4.2f2 and if i download NDK with Unity, the last version is android-ndk-r10e

Edit: I have tested my game and the button works good, when the home button is pressed, the user go to the daydream store, if the user pressed again the home button, the user return to game in the same moment when i press the first time... So i don't understand why send this error.

regards
    Overfile.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  7. duncangroberts

duncangroberts

Yes I am still getting the rejection. I'm trying to work with Google Support on this but getting absolutely nowhere, I am on chat withsomeone at the moment and they just keep sending me to the guidelines.
    Now whenever I submit my app for approval it gets rejected immediately. Can anyone help?!

8. AndyJenkins30

AndyJenkins30

Unity Technologies

This issue should be resolved in Unity versions >= 5.6

https://unity3d.com/unity/whats-new/unity-5.6.0

> VR: Fix daydream back button handling to deal with app store submission rejection (893219)

Please let me know if you still see the issue after upgrading.

9. duncangroberts

duncangroberts