Search Unity

publishing model without animatonis included? My Komodo Dragon will it pass?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Chrisasan, May 30, 2017.

1. Chrisasan

Chrisasan

2. LaneFox

LaneFox

Nope.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Edited: Didn't see all the pictures... sorry my bad.
    Anything that is not using the humanoid rig from unity should be animated to my opinion. Non animated characters using a humanoid rig can easily benefit from animation packages on the asset store that can be retargeted onto it whereas your lizard would need to have an animator to bring the model into his 3rd party 3D package of choice, re create the animation helpers and finally animate...

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    theANMATOR2b and Chrisasan like this.
  4. Chrisasan

Chrisasan

This is the type of feedback I was hoping to get about the model. Something to show the faults of the model so I can do a better job on future works.

I now know to have the correct pose, if you can call it a pose. And I know that it will require animations. So the animating is not something I am going to be able to put off.

:EDIT:
    I have set the price for that model low, really low because of the good feed back I have gotten about it.

5. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

I Didn't see all the pictures and I updated my previous post. Looks like the skin pose is all right. Re read previous post.

6. Chrisasan

Chrisasan

I see your post! Well I have decided that i should keep the price low. Maybe I can do a better job on another model, with a different type of creature.

7. Chrisasan

Chrisasan

(getting email notifi...)

8. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

The fact remains - nobody except people competent in animating will be able to purchase your model because it requires animation. Humanoid rigged characters can be sold without animations, because they can be retargeted in engine, but non-humanoid models (including 3 joint legged models) can not be retargeted and require additional work to get them to be animated in game.
    Most people purchasing rigged characters - are not animators - so prepare to sell very few copies of that model.

Consider teaming up with an animator to get the content set up properly for the customer. Agree on a split of the profits with the animator.
    You might also consider partnering with a texture artist - or improve your texturing skills.

I should of started with this - don't attempt to sell models until you are confident the models, textures and animations are good quality. The lizard mesh (at the feet) is messy, the texture is very minimal/low quality - and without animations will not be a viable product to developers.

9. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

it could work only if you turn it in a dead animal pose, then not in character category but in prop category.

else possibility than an user find a matching animation is probably lower than winning loto

Chrisasan likes this.
  10. JustinCollins

JustinCollins

Hey Everyone,

We do cover Art submissions in our Submission Guidelines. In these, we cover Rigs and Animations under section 4.

11. Chrisasan

Chrisasan

This post made me laugh at my lizard.