Search Unity

Publisher requirements I don't understand. (Please help, I don't have a Mac)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Reign_of_Light, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Reign_of_Light

Reign_of_Light

Hi everybody,

I'm in the final stages of releasing a game. Unfortunately, my publisher requires me to release for Mac OSX as well and I don't really have a Mac to test on (and no experience with Macs anyway). I ordered the new Macbook Pro, but it probably won't come before next year :( . I try to use macincloud.com, but it's very limited for this purpose, unfortunately.

Luckily, I could solve many issues my publishers QA-department came up with anyway but for a few. That's where I need your help:

1) ".app container does not contain info about developer/publisher" - Do you have an idea what "info" they are talking about? Is it like in Windows where your rightclick on something and chose "properties" and then "details"? But most importantly: How do I actually add developer-information to Unity's app-container?

2) "logs are not in Library/Logs/Unity (didn't find any)" - I don't know if that is Mac-specific, but do you know what needs to be done to have the game write logs to that specific folder?

3) "Mouse is not captured inside window when in windowed mode, AND mouse is invisible when it goes out of the window -> many misclicks" - I couldn't reproduce the first issue mentioned, neither on my cloud-Mac nor on a friends Mac that I accessed via Teamviewer (in-game cursor was always fine). But the cursor indeed becomes invisible when it leaves the game-window. For me personally this is not really anything to bother about, but do you perhaps know if there can be anything done about it?

2. mark_ffrench

mark_ffrench

Hi, not sure if you've resolved this already, but I would suggest:

1) This is probably referring to the Info.plist file that is contained within the .app folder. Most of that info should be populated from the stuff you enter into PlayerSettings in the Unity Editor. I would check that Company Name and Product Name are correct in PlayerSettings and rebuild.

2) Make sure "Use Player Log" is enabled in PlayerSettings perhaps? I don't think we get control over the log path.

3) Not 100% sure about this one... but perhaps this info would be a good place to start.

3. mark_ffrench

mark_ffrench

Hmm... although it looks like someone else was having an issue with missing logs