Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Project Link keeps resetting

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by noethis, Feb 16, 2016.

1. noethis

noethis

I'm using the Services tab in Unity, specifically Analytics in my project. Every time I close out of Unity and then reopen it (and the project) it resets the link between Services and my project. I then have to go to "I already have a Unity Project ID" and select the organization and project to re-link it.

Not a huge deal, but just annoying when it breaks my builds since Analytics ends up missing. Anybody else experience this or have any idea on how to fix?
    upload_2016-2-16_17-3-18.png

2. noethis

noethis

Still having the issue. Anybody?

3. mpinol

mpinol

Hi @noethis,

What version of Unity are you using? Do you also have to sign in each time you open Unity?

4. noethis

noethis

5.3.2p2. But it's been happening ever since the Services tab was put in. I don't have to re-sign in. I checked and the project IDs are the same (between Service settings and the Unity Analytics website).

Also just tried going to Service settings and manually unlinking the project and then re-linking it. Seems to have temporarily fixed it, but will respond back in a day or so to confirm.

mpinol likes this.
  5. noethis

noethis

Or in a few minutes, haha. It seems to have already somehow reverted back to not having the project linked after restarting Unity again a couple times.

EDIT: And now it's working again. Will give it more time to see if it consistently unlinks or not.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  6. mpinol

mpinol

Hi @noethis,

I will check around to see if there have been any other issues like this and in the meantime if you run into this issue again can you please open a support ticket here, https://analytics.cloud.unity3d.com/support It sounds like there could potentially be a bug in the editor or an issue with your account and creating the ticket will give me some more information about your credentials.

7. MPM

MPM

Hi,
    I have the very same problem: i have to link my project with ID at every start (and since my Unity crashes quite a lot, that's often).

I've just tried to Link, then Unlink, then Link again, but after the following restart, all was gone again. Unity 5.3.3f1 (which is weird since i was sure to have installed 5.4 beta since i had nothing to lose with all my crashes).

Unity asked for my credential often (way more than before, several times during past week), but not at every start.

Edit: i didn't notice beta was installed along stable release. Anyway, same problem on 5.4.10b.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  8. nikopol

nikopol

Just to push this issue up a bit more: i have exactly the same issue as noethis... editor always starts unlinked... (currently i'm running the 5.3.4f1)... also, it happened since services went live in the editor

9. erika_d

erika_d

10. MPM

MPM

I will.
    Maybe it would help if there is a way for me to know if it's a write or read setting issue: is there a way/place for me to look and see if this information is correctly saved in the first place?
    I'll also try to open this on my laptop to see if it could be linked to something out of the project.

Edit: here's an interesting bit: the same project copied to an other PC, opened with same Unity version, appeared Linked right from the start. So the problem occurs at the project opening, linking is saved as it should.

Edit 2: I think i found the source of the problem: the Linking informations are not loaded if project selection window is skipped. This is the case at start if Unity general preference for "Load Previous Project On Startup" is checked.
    I don't plan to open ticket anymore, unless you ask for it, since you know where to start looking to fix it ;)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    erika_d and mpinol like this.
  11. mpinol

mpinol

Hey @MPM,

Thank you for tracking this down, I have opened a bug report for the team to start working on this!

MPM likes this.
  12. monremobile

monremobile

I get the same issue (using Unity v5.3.5f1)
    As @MPM says, "Load Previous Project On Startup" is the problem.
    If I uncheck it, all services get linked correctly when Unity starts.

I have 2 accounts (one for the asset store and other one for Unity Services).
    I notice Unity reads my asset store account first (If I open the store tab I'm loggin).
    This may be why the second account is unlinked.
    (I would be nice if we can merge accounts,right now it's not possible)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    daisySa, mpinol and erika_d like this.
  13. kB11

kB11

This issue started happening to me since upgrading to Unity 5.5. Never had it on previous versions of Unity.

Unchecking "Load Previous Project On Startup" indeed prevents the project from becoming unlinked.
    I am not aware of having multiple accounts.

This issue is happening to me on two different machines, both working on the same project. Curiously, my coworker, who is working on the same project (over Collaborate) is not experiencing this problem.

I was just about to submit a bug report, when the report window suggested this thread.

Edit: My coworker does not have "Load Previous Project On Startup" enabled, which is probably why he doesn't experience this issue.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    ap-unity likes this.
  14. joschi27

joschi27

Hello, I'm using Unity 5.5.0f3 and this keeps happening on my computer, my laptop and my friends laptop. I have load previous project on startup on too, and I don't want to disable it. Does anyone have any updates on this? It's not that bad but its just annoying :)

15. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@joschi27

Yeah, it looks like an older issue from 5.3 has resurfaced in 5.5. I've submitted a bug report and I'll update here when I know more.

16. Aubrey-Falconer

Aubrey-Falconer

Just to chime in, I have seen this happen consistently in 5.5 as well.

17. amjaliks

amjaliks

Awesome! #irony
    Just spent more than half an hour to get the Editor to work with Services again. I was able to relink my project only after full reimport. :mad:

18. Mazyod

Mazyod

The issue mostly stems from losing internet connectivity. If my Mac is online, everything works great, and the services tab just works and integrates properly. As soon as I lose my connection, I notice that my services are turned off and I have to relink or do some other action.

The previous leads to compilation errors, since the service libraries are delinked, so sometimes I can't even work offline on Unity. (had this on all Unity 5.4.x versions)

P.S. @amjaliks change your meta files from binary to text, then when this issue happens, just close unity and revert the changes on the project and unity connect files. Always works for me.

19. JasonBricco

JasonBricco

Just adding that I'm having this issue with Unity 5.5.2f1.

20. kB11

kB11

Issue appears to finally be fixed in 5.6 :D

ap-unity likes this.
  21. Ankaman

Ankaman

I still have this issue!

22. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@bens0n

What version of Unity are you seeing this issue?

23. thomas-savysoda

thomas-savysoda

This bug is happening for my colleagues and I as well. It happens randomly dozens of times a day. We are all using Unity 5.6.0f3

SixBeeps likes this.
  24. kB11

kB11

I just want to add that it actually is kind of fixed for me in 5.6 (on macOS) after having experienced this issue for quite a while (mostly on Windows). Sometimes, when I start Unity, it appears to be back, but after a few seconds it refreshes and the project is properly linked.

25. arjun_singh_2013

arjun_singh_2013

Hello all , I create a new project and than enable unity services . I select the organization . and click on create button. It auto jump to this screen
    Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 1.26.02 PM.png

Please help me .

26. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

27. amjaliks

amjaliks

It seems this issue (or something related or similar) still presents in Unity 5.6.1f1. Not so often, but Unity Services may stop working due some network hiccups.

28. ErnieTheMighty

ErnieTheMighty

The issue is still present and hasn't been fixed. It has nothing to do with Owner/Manager permissions. The bug occurs elsewhere. It was present in previous Unity version and is still present in the current one. The fact that multiple people had this occur and that we're directed to support tickets isn't helping.

29. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@ErnieTheMighty Have you confirmed that the issue for you is due to the "Load Previous Project On Startup" mentioned previously?

30. ErnieTheMighty

ErnieTheMighty

I have confirmed that the issue is not due to Load Previous Project On Startup. I've tried all the fixes I could've found on forum and google search.

Edit: attached the screenie of what I go through. This fixes itself after 2-5 attempts, so it usually takes me 30 minutes to commit simple changes.
    Capture.PNG

Edit 2: Every time I start my project, I have to login every time. While I have no big issue with that in particular, the issue is that it shouldn't be happening.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  31. ErnieTheMighty

ErnieTheMighty

This keeps happening more and more and I cannot do anything about it. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't help. My internet is fine. The 'link' works fine to my collaborators.

32. unityjingyao

unityjingyao

Unity Technologies

Hi @ErnieTheMighty ,
    It seems a network issue on your computer.
    Do you have a VPN or proxy connected on your computer?
    Or please try another network, like a hotspot on your phone.

33. ErnieTheMighty

ErnieTheMighty

Hello. I'm not using a VPN or proxy. I tried with firewall on and off.
    All the programs existent in this universe work fine with me, whatever needs to connect to the internet, as well as game servers.
    I did FULL reinstall of Unity as well. Including Unity Hub. At first I thought it was fixed, today the issue returned.
    This is really annoying.

34. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Perhaps you could run Charles Proxy to watch the network traffic on your system.

35. ErnieTheMighty

ErnieTheMighty

Ok. I have it installed. What am I looking for...?

36. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Timeouts and/or errors in the responses

37. ErnieTheMighty

ErnieTheMighty

My trial is out. I'm not going to pay for some software to fix a problem which is not even my fault...

38. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Personal is free and has no trial. Your problem source has yet to be identified.

39. ErnieTheMighty

ErnieTheMighty

I meant Charles Proxy. Anyway, so far after the update the problem seems to be gone. My internet wasn't the problem.

40. billbarsch

billbarsch

Here´s the solution:
    Hello I having the same problem
    Time outs and connection erros
    I´v changed my dns to 8.8.8.8 (google dns)
    and it worked!

Attached Files:

41. Koto-der-Toten

Koto-der-Toten

If you use Windows, you can also fix it by putting in the command prompt the following line:

ipconfig /flushdns

This line cleans the DNS cache.