Search Unity

Project Headshot

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by ExDeaDguY, Dec 2, 2016.

1. ExDeaDguY

ExDeaDguY

So check this out.. This is something I've been tinkering with, All my projects have been big scale projects and I work on them for months and months and only get to about 5% completion, so I decided to work on a smaller scale game this time.. This is going to be similar to how super smash bros plays.. except with lots of armor and guns.. The player is made up of a bunch of small shapes to look like limbs.. I wrote some classes that handle animations for each limb.. If I wanted I could make a player with 10 arms and 8 legs and it will still work properly as each limb is handled individually instead of a whole animation.

The players bodies are weak so the point of this is to buy a bunch of armor, equip it and goto battle. The armor takes the damage where ever it is covering before the body part.. Then the fun begins where limbs get blown off.

Right now I've moved on to implementing the rest of the multiplayer scripts but heres a little fun video with what is created so far. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

2. ExDeaDguY

ExDeaDguY

An early video of just limb separation. This is where it all started.. :p

3. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Interesting concept.
    If Blood Shower hasn't already been taken, I think that would be a fitting title! ;)

4. ExDeaDguY

ExDeaDguY

Running on android testing inputs I just threw together some ui inputs that I felt worked the best compared to the way other games have handled that Ive played: Coded from scratch, 2 joysticks, a button for jumping (More buttons soon for items like grenades and healthkit?) appear when area is touched, have sensitivity ranges and all that good stuff. Left stick is movement (+ Crouch), right stick is aiming, > 75% pulls the trigger on the weapon. Still working on networking but wanted to get a playable version on my phone before ripping too much apart. I also started on the title screen, creating an account/character... all still WIP and not added into this demo, I will show it when its usable and seamless entry to the game.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    MoonJellyGames and RavenOfCode like this.
  5. MoonJellyGames

MoonJellyGames

This looks awesome! As morbid as it is, dismemberment is always a fun game feature, especially if it plays into the mechanics. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this. I've been cooking a game idea for years that would use a similar system, so I'm glad to see that it can be done in Unity as I haven't really attempted this kind of animation before.

ExDeaDguY likes this.
  6. ExDeaDguY

ExDeaDguY

Thanks, Glad you like it! At the moment I only work on this on weekends (as I make software for OTHER people during the weekdays >.> lol) but it is slowly progressing! I'm currently putting together character customization on the title screen to equip clothes and weapon, but also trying to keep this a "Quick to play" type of game so users can pick up their phones and blow limbs off of people with ease :p. So I'll have more to show son anyways!

7. ExDeaDguY

ExDeaDguY

This is a pretty old post but I just wanted to bump this thread and let people know I have been working on this again on and off for awhile now... and a pre-alpha testable multiplayer version will be ready soon. After my son and I play it for a bit I will post the game footage. ;)

MoonJellyGames likes this.