Search Unity

Project contributors: Close, but no cigar

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by AngryAnt, Mar 13, 2017.

1. AngryAnt

AngryAnt

Keyboard Operator

Thank you for adding project contributors! Unfortunately I'll not be using this incarnation of the feature as it still doesn't hit the mark for me. What I specifically need here:
    • Per-contributor details allowing to outline your role in a project. Since I've not been able to use this feature yet, I don't know if this is already there.
    • Projects only being tied to profiles via contributor entries.
      • So when you add a project, you need to also list your own contributor details.
      • Similar to thread starting, adding a project will search existing projects and offer to add as contributor rather than re-creating.
      • If you're worried about sorting out edits, just keep a per-contributor copy so everyone can have their own details on the project if they like, but opt to accept another contributors version fully or partially.
    With that in place, I would definitely seek to join my project listings with any other project participants as contributors.

2. markp-unity

markp-unity

Thanks Emil,

We're researching what Projects 2.0 can be and deeper, more meaningful contributions details is on the list.