Search Unity

Problems to install Unity on Ubuntu 16.04

Discussion in 'Linux' started by juniorguimaraesdasilva, Mar 6, 2017.

1. juniorguimaraesdasilva

juniorguimaraesdasilva

I tried to install unity on my Ubuntu 2 times, but always fail. I downloaded Unity 5.5.2 by torrent, and when I tried ti install "Dpkg-deb (sub-process) to decompress file member: gzip internal reading error: <fd: 4> "incorrect data check"" and other time I downloaded Unity 5.06b08 by torrent and I get this error: "corrupt tar file system: corrupted package file". What I can do? Downloaded file is corrupt?I'm newbie with linux, sorry for my bad english.

2. Tak

Tak

It does sound like the downloads are bad. Do the checksums for the files you have match the posted ones?

3. juniorguimaraesdasilva

juniorguimaraesdasilva

How can I check?

4. Bollit

Bollit

Hi!

First open a terminal and go to the correct directory to check a downloaded Unity Editor file:
    • ubuntu@ubuntu-desktop:~$ cd Downloads
    Then run the following command from within the download directory.
    • sha1sum unity-editor_amd64-5.5.2xf1Linux.deb
    sha1sum should then print out a single line after calculating the hash:
    • 498d92705ba6c1ead72c222c90b915ff2868ead4 unity-editor_amd64-5.5.2xf1Linux.deb
    check hash

5. juniorguimaraesdasilva

juniorguimaraesdasilva

Thank you Bollit,and Tak, the checksums don't match, do I have to download everything again? Is there a way to prevent the file from being corrupted during the download?

6. Hoogin

Hoogin

Try downloading it again and if the checksum fail again.
    You should start with checking your RAM if they are fine, use memtest86 or something similar.

If the RAM checks out, look at the smart data for your harddrive/s and do the self tests and see what the results say.
    This can be done using the terminal command 'smartctl' add -h to see the help or run 'man smartctl' for the manual.