Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Pro Racing AI available for sale on my website (soon on Unity Asset Store)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dgutierrezpalma, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunga

gunga

Anyone?

2. OmniverseProduct

OmniverseProduct

What are the specific issues?

3. gunga

gunga

Stuttering at the start,
    Crashing in to barriers,
    Driving slowly
    and other issues.

No matter what I tinker with i've been trying for days i never get a reliable AI

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

EDIT: Now it seems to be working. I can't figure out why it wasn't finding "currentRacingLine" before, but now it seems to work.

I am back to working on the AI cars with the new v0.0.3. In v0.0.2 there was a property, ProRacingAI.currentRacingLine. It does not appear to exist in v0.0.3. What is the equivalent property for me to set racing lines via script?

Thanks,
    Shawn

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2012
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User

I am just now finding time to troubleshoot this. I delete the Unity Car Axis Controller and I have turned those options
    off, but the problem still exists. This morning I purchased the full source code version of Pro Racing AI in an attempt to fix this. Do you have any idea what might be going wrong, or a possible workaround?

6. derkoi

derkoi

David doesn't seem to reply to his customers any more. I've pm'd him a couple of times weeks ago posted on here, no joy. Not happy with this product that doesn't even come close to what it's advertised doing.

7. imRobert

imRobert

Not defending anyone, and not trying to get my foot into any substance.
    But maybe he has some health problems again?

8. OmniverseProduct

OmniverseProduct

Maybe he's having health problems? Maybe something important in his personal life came up that he had to take care of? A little patience goes a long way.

9. derkoi

derkoi

Maybe you're right I do hope his health is ok.

I've had patience but there's only so much patience you can afford to have when running a business.

I bought this package to do the job that would take me months to achieve for a reason, to speed up my game development but instead I've had to put the game on the shelf and work on another game.

His last activity on the site was 2 weeks ago.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  10. bravery

bravery

Hi davidgutierrezpalma,

I can see that last update to this pack was in 2012-4-30 and the version was 0.0.3

So are there any upgrades coming in? or you are not interested in upgrading this pack anymore?

11. dgutierrezpalma

dgutierrezpalma

Sorry guys,

I must apology publicly because I had some personal problems that made me to be inactive for too long... much longer than expected. Now I have came back, there are a lot of emails and PMs that need an answer, I will try to reply them in the order they were received. I am aware of the problems of the current version of my product and I will work during August to try to fix as many bugs as possible and release a new version at the end of the month.

12. derkoi

derkoi

Thanks for the update David, glad to hear you're ok.

Looking forward to the new version.

13. jorjdboss

jorjdboss

Is there any form of dynamic balancing for the AI?

Can one waypoint split into two and join back together? This is mainly for shorcuts.

If a vehicle gets stuck among a lot of other vehicles, does it keep respawning over and over again? or does it directly spawn aut of the jammed/stationary vehicles?

Thanks for any help from anyone related to this.

14. Valois

Valois

any news??

15. devotid

devotid

Anybody use this with UnityCar 2.0? I've used it with the older UnityCar 1.2...... but not with 2.0

Mainly I am trying to get an updated script for the new way UnityCar 2.0 handles the Controllers..... and i have no idea how to contact support (it says coming soon on the website)

Thanks for any help

Kevin

16. jorjdboss

jorjdboss

I've purchased this product when I read your comment saying its easy to apply to custom physics.

I have a custom vehicle physics script which has inputs: Throttle, Brake and Steering
    The player input accesses the above properties and it can be turned off for NPC vehicles.

Since I don't have either Unitycar or Edy's physics, I'm a little confused
    Q) What is Spaceship, VehicleInterface and where are you inheriting from them?
    Q) I don't understand this function:
    Code (csharp):
    1. protected override void GetInput    (out float throttleInput,
    2.                                      out float brakeInput,
    3.                                      out float steerInput,
    4.                                      out float handbrakeInput,
    5.                                      out float clutchInput,
    6.                                      out int targetGear)
    Q) I've noticed that in Edy's, you're using Fixed update, but not for UnityCar. Can you explain a bit.

How do I implement Pro Racing AI over my physics?

17. devotid

devotid

Hello? Its has been over a week that i have been trying to reach you. (email, PM and Here)

I understand a few days but its been weeks now with NO communication?

Please just let me know where to contact you.....

Thank you

Kevin

Nevermind: i figured i out.....

I hope your ok......

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  18. devotid

devotid

To get this working with unitycar 2.0 i had to edit the following AI4Unity.cs script

change this (Starting at Line 24):

protected override void GetInput(out float throttleInput,
    out float brakeInput,
    out float steerInput,
    out float handbrakeInput,
    out float clutchInput,
    out int targetGear){

To this:

protected override void GetInput(out float throttleInput,
    out float brakeInput,
    out float steerInput,
    out float handbrakeInput,
    out float clutchInput,
    out bool startEngineInput,
    out int targetGear){

And then ad the green line to the script like this (starting approx line 40-41):

throttleInput = this._input.throttle;
    brakeInput = this._input.brake;
    steerInput = this._input.steering;
    handbrakeInput = this.handbrakeInput;
    clutchInput = this.clutchInput;
    targetGear = this.drivetrain.gear;

startEngineInput= this.startEngineInput;

You should now be able to use with UnityCar 2.0.

Kevin

19. jorjdboss

jorjdboss

I got it to follow the waypoints with a bit of tweaking.
    I have Collision Avoidance checked and I put two cubes in the path. The vehicle seems to crash into them. It slowly drags aside the obstacle and resumes the path.
    How do I make it avoid obstacles? Anyone?

20. devotid

devotid

yeah i have only got the car to do basic oval tracks at the speed that i need...... i am still working on the collision avoidance system. lol i didnt even see the check box yet to enable/disable it.....

Honestly the longer i mess with setting up an AI system to race against.....I am starting to feel that i am going to look into making my game "online only" thus eliminating the need for any AI system..... just let people race against each other..... and maybe a ghost system to chase yourself in practice or something......

Dont get me wrong though...... ProRacing AI is a great asset..... i just dont think it right for this project i am working on...... once i got it working, i find it very nice to work with and get accomplished what i need......

Good luck

Kevin

Also i was told by a private source that dgutierrezpalma is busting his butt to get everything up to snuff and answered for people..... so he is ok. :)

21. jorjdboss

jorjdboss

Great to hear that but its been over a month and he hasn't even come online.
    The OA in this system is OK and not very precise. If I were to put 5-6 obstacles down a straight path, the car would avoid only few of them and blindly crash into others.
    I would expect more aggressive OA where the car keeps max possible speed, something similar to AI Driver toolkit's OA.

It would be great if anyone(because david is busy or something) can help me out with this.

22. derkoi

derkoi

It's not really very good business practice. You don't just turn your back on your customers and expect them to be happy about it. I wasted a good month of dev time trying to get some AI that actually did something other than crash. I was offered the older version which apparently works better, I asked for it but I never got it.

This product should be removed from sale as it doesn't work and the dev has no support. And before someone tells me the guy is ill, then that's all the more reason to take this product off sale.

I'm waiting for the Racing Game Kit to be released and I'm going to cut my losses buy that.

23. dgutierrezpalma

dgutierrezpalma

Hi guys, I was contacted by Michelle on Skype about the issue with UnityCar 2.x, I'm creating a new build at this moment and I will upload it tomorrow. It should fix some of the existing bugs, but there has been some reported bugs (such as the slow start) that I couldn't replicate on my system, if someone is suffering this problem and could send me a test scene where I can see this bug, I will be able to find the cause of the problem and try to fix it in future builds.

//--------//

EDIT: The new files are already available using the same download links.
    EDIT2: Some customers are receiving a "password blocked" message, send me a PM if you have this problem.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  24. jorjdboss

jorjdboss

I get this error after setting up CheckpointManager:

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
    BaseCheckpointManager.SetStartTimeCollider ()
    BaseCheckpointManager._Start ()
    BaseCheckpointManager.Start ()

Also How Do I use machine learning. Nothing happens after I press 'Start Trial' button. Can you explain how to use it?

25. devotid

devotid

great..... i got working but i want to see if i did it "right"

Thanks again

Kevin

26. Extreme_u3Damon

Extreme_u3Damon

Hey dgutierrezpalma , do you have any plans to support "MoDyEn" ???

27. tydygunn

tydygunn

For anyone else having this issue, our studio fixed it by re-creating the race lines. We had tried to duplicate the entire project by compressing it into a package, and something must happen to the racing line files in that process. If you're having this issue, try remaking your racing lines.

28. S0ULART

S0ULART

29. Deleted User

Deleted User

Cool, but I want a free source because my game is not commercial.;)

30. jorjdboss

jorjdboss

I don't know what on earth David is doing because his last activity on the forums was about 2 months back. He hasn't replied to the pm I sent long back. I'm waiting for addition of rubberband AI and some fixes regarding collision detection. At the moment collision avoidance isn't great and you can't release a game with this. It has to be refined with some ray-casting. Since the position and sizes of objects are used to detect and avoid other vehicles obstacles, the vehicle size property in the inspector affects the twitch cause when vehicles try to avoid collision. Decreasing the length(Z value) of the vehicle results is poor obstacle avoidance. Increasing it to about 3 times the length gives an OK result but there are still lots of twitching on straights and sideways collision between vehicles. I hope David understands the difficulties cause by this because 60 euros is at-least worth occasional support(once in a week ro two). Also we wont keep asking for bugfixes and features every day.

31. Deleted User

Deleted User

Cool, but can you make they more agressive, like the burnout AIs?

32. devotid

devotid

anybody have any luck just using the live timing/ race recap? I gave up on the AI and was just going to save some time and use the live timing feature but cant seem to get it working...... I dont think i am going to use it as i dont like the fact of using two axis controllers at once.

Thanks to any help any has on gettting just the lap timing system working.

Kevin

33. emergki

emergki

Anyone here are using the Pro Racing AI to make games? If yes, can you show any video of it working? I want to buy one Racing Kit for a game, but, I don't know which will be better... Maybe you can help me...

Thanks!

34. jorjdboss

jorjdboss

I bought this and found that it does not work on iOS/Android. The Ai vehicles go haywire probably because of some floating point issue, I don't know for sure because I use the dll version.

David used to provide good support but, of late, this thread is deserted. I get no more support after spending 60 euros.

If you dont have the time and/or resources to build an Ai system, better get the source code. This way you can find and fix bugs easily than using Reflection on the dll. You can also add more features to it but don't expect any support from the author. I ended up writing my own Ai system from scratch.

My sincere advise to the author is: If you are busy and can't reply or provide support to your customers, please cut down the price of the source code version and provide a free upgrade to the source code version for existing customers like me who can't fix internal bugs in the dll.

35. derkoi

derkoi

This thread should be deleted, David is selling something that doesn't work and ripping people off (myself included) surely that's against Unity's policy?

36. jorjdboss

jorjdboss

Yup, Its does not work on iOS and the previous Update made it this way. The update should have been tested before going live. There's no way of reverting back to an older version which leaves customers like me with the dll version helpless.

Hey David, can I get a refund or at the very least, the source code. I can't waste all the time till you fix the bug in the dll. I'll do it myself. I have no personal grudge but this is not the way you treat your customers and you'll have a negative rep when you release any future plugins for Unity.

37. edd

edd

I recently contacted David for support, response was immediate and professional and all issues were resolved.

Many thanks David

38. dgutierrezpalma

dgutierrezpalma

Hi.

Thanks for your interest, but I stopped selling this product several years ago. I am a lone developer and there was a moment when I didn't sell enough units to make this product profitable, so I had to stop the development and focus on other more profitable projects.

The code is very old and it hasn't been updated for a long time, so it doesn't work on recent Unity versions. If at some point I decide to create a new version, I would probably use the "new" Unity Machine Learning tools as starting point, which weren't available at the time I developed this product.

In case you want to try, you can find more information about this Unity feature in this video:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.