Search Unity

Prime31 GoKit Tween Library Live

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by prime31, Apr 26, 2012.

1. UnbreakableOne

UnbreakableOne

What's best way to show a "3 ... 2... 1 ... GO !" sequence using a single text mesh? I've tried changing the text to "3" and "2" and "1" and appending them but it will always have the last value obviously. Then I tried coroutines that I faced with that bug I posted before this.

I've written all the effects I want for it's fade in and fade out, just don't know how to change the text of the text mesh and append it so it would store copies of the source text mesh or something like it.

Thanks.

2. _ben

_ben

I'm using a very simple TweenChain. Just moving an object from one position to another. The object has a child with a sprite renderer on it. I want to be able to toggle a switch in game and playforwards or playbackwards to make the object move back and forth from wherever it is at.

Everything works fine, however for an instant when the switch toggles I can see all the objects flash at the start as well as end positions of the tween, they then continue the animation properly. Has anyone run into this? Any ideas what the problem could be?

I'm using:

void Start() {

var tween = new GoTween(transform, Random.Range(1.6f, 3.2f), new GoTweenConfig().position(new Vector3(transform.position.x, transform.position.y - 10, transform.position.z)).setEaseType(GoEaseType.QuadInOut));

currentTweenChain = new GoTweenChain();
    currentTweenChain.append(tween);

}
    and then currentTweenChain.playForwards() or currentTweenChain.playBackwards() depending on the state of the switch

I've also tried using the reverse function and then just play() which gives the same result.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  3. pixlweaver

pixlweaver

I have just started experimenting with GoKit and am running into an issue. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong here? I am trying to tween an object's local position. Here's my example:

Code (csharp):
    1. cube.transform.localPositionTo(1f, new Vector3(1f,0,0), true);
    I would expect this to move the cube on it's local X axis, however, it is tweening on the world X axis instead. Is this a bug or am I going about this the wrong way?

4. prime31

prime31

@pxl, that tween will move the cube 1 Unity unit in the x direction.

5. pixlweaver

pixlweaver

Does that mean I have to parent the cube and apply a rotation to that in order to tween the cube's position on it's local x axis? I am used to iTween, in which I can set the tween to use the object's self space.

6. prime31

prime31

@pxl, you can parent it or you can just translate from local to world and pass the result vector.

7. j.miller12

j.miller12

Recently switched to GoKit from iTween, and ran into an issue when I built do device (Android). Loading a GoSpline that was saved into StreamingAssets/, on the android device it was not working at all until we changed this line in GoSpline.cs:

to:
    After changing that it worked on device! Am I doing something wrong or was the code wrong? Also makes me a bit nervous because it looks like it could end up in an infinite loop if something doesn't load...

8. prime31

prime31

@j.miller, good spot! It should indeed be "!" loadAsset.isDone. I'll push an update momentarily.

9. gstock

gstock

I'm creating a tween path on the editor and handling the position on the Update method. I need to know in which segment of the path my object is, is there a way to get it?

Thanks!

10. pretender

pretender

Hi! I am using GoKit and I like it. I have a problem through, with Time.timeScale = 0 tween wouldn't play even if I globally set

Code (csharp):
    1. Go.defaultUpdateType = GoUpdateType.TimeScaleIndependentUpdate;
    or using

Code (csharp):
    1. TweenConfig().setUpdateType(GoUpdateType.TimeScaleIndependentUpdate);
    Some tweens are working, but some don't. When I set Time.timeScale to 1 they start to work….

What are the things I need to do properly in order to get this to work? Thanks!

11. nsxdavid

nsxdavid

Hey Mike, somehow I missed GoKit... but catching up on what you've been u p too. Pretty cool!

Oh, by the way..... regarding the tutorial video... Euler is not pronounced "Euler", but rather like "Oil-er". Not that it ever feels comfortable to say it that way to me. But that was how the guys name was pronounced. :)

David

12. prime31

prime31

@pretender, I can't se to reproduce what you are seeing. Please include exact steps to reproduce.

@david, you'll never get me to say Euler like a Scotsman! It's already been burned into my brain to say it like My Cousin Vinny! Depending on your tween needs don't forget to checkout GoKitLite. GoKit is more powerful and you can easily add your own custom tweens whereas GoKitLite is just insanely fast having been stripped down to only its essence.

13. nsxdavid

nsxdavid

Hey, I don't make the rules! :D

14. MDarkwing

MDarkwing

Is there a difference between .localPosition and position tween property because I'm not seeing one. My object move same whichever I use. My intuition tells me that localPosition should move it according to Space.Self which I need, but that's not happening. Is it possible that such powerful library doesnt have this option?

15. prime31

prime31

All position tweens support relative or non-relative movement. Just pass true for the relative parameter.

16. gstock

gstock

Hi!

Is it possible to get the length of a Path created with the GoKit visual editor? I've been looking around the source code, but I haven't find an easy way to do it.

Thanks!!

17. prime31

prime31

There is nothing built in to get the path length but GoKit is 100% extensible. Just make a subclass of AbstractGoSplineSolver and add in a public property to access the _pathLength ivar.

18. randi23

randi23

Hi, I'm newbie here, I think this library is very useful for me, but when I try to buid & run my game for Windows Phone 8 using this library, I got this error :

Maybe you can help me?

19. prime31

prime31

Windows Phone/Store runs on the WinRT. Tons of APIs such as most of the System.IO classes do not exist there. You either need to remove calls to classes that don't exist or replace them with WinRT equivalents.

20. randi23

randi23

So I can't use that method? What is the alternative for load the .asset ?

Thanks, sorry i'm newbie here :D

21. prime31

prime31

You can certainly use that method but you have to properly wrap non-WinRT code and provide a WinRT compatible code path just like you would for any code that isn't in the WinRT frameworks. The full list of missing types in WinRT is available right in the Unity documentation: http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/windowsstore-missingtypes.html

22. randi23

randi23

OK, thanks.
    I have try that, now the error code has change to :

is it the same problem (missing API) ?

23. prime31

prime31

That log is telling you that ConvertAll does not exist in your SplineController::GetTransforms() method. If you read through the logs Unity dumps line by line it will almost always lead you to the underlying issue.

24. randi23

randi23

Yeah you right, Sorry I'm not read it carefully, now my proble is solved.
    Big Thanks :D

25. sathya

sathya

How to use GoLookAtType with Go.to
    Code (CSharp):
    1. _tween = Go.to(gameObject, 4, new GoTweenConfig().position(new Vector3(9, 4, 0)));

26. king_

king_

can you give a small example for this
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public static Tween colorFrom( this Material self, float duration, Color endValue, MaterialColorType colorType = MaterialColorType.Color )
    what i'm using
    Code (CSharp):
    1. cube.colorTo (1f, a,cube.color);
    but getting errors

27. king_

king_

sorry got my solution but getting this error
    Code (CSharp):
    1. tween failed to validate target: ScaleTweenProperty
    2. UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    3. GoTween:addTweenProperty(AbstractTweenProperty) (at Assets/Plugins/GoKit/GoTween.cs:211)
    4. GoTween:.ctor(Object, Single, GoTweenConfig, Action`1) (at Assets/Plugins/GoKit/GoTween.cs:98)
    5. Go:to(Object, Single, GoTweenConfig) (at Assets/Plugins/GoKit/Go.cs:250)
    the code
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Go.to (GO, 1f, new GoTweenConfig ().scale (new Vector3 (2, 2, 0)).setEaseType (GoEaseType.BackOut));

28. sathya

sathya

bodyMaterial.colorTo(5f, bodyColor, "_Color");

above line waits for 5 secs and snaps to new color. Its not really tweening. Am i doin it wrong !. I am looking smooth color transition.

Edit:
    Sorry my bad. Other line of code overriding this. Now it works just fine. Thanks

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  29. king_

king_

try leantween,gokit is not so friendly

30. Silly_Rollo

Silly_Rollo

Is there a way to reuse a TweenConfig while changing its position property? Since there's no remove tween property I don't see a way to change the existing position property.

31. prime31

prime31

The TweenConfig class recently (a couple days ago) received a new clone method that should do exactly what you are looking for.

32. dkoontz

dkoontz

Is there any way to tween a field or are only properties supported?

33. techmage

techmage

I've been trying to do something where I create a Tween, have it do it's Tween. Remove itself from the Tween list. But the class that fired that Tween saves the reference to the Tween, and then where it wants to play it again, it adds it back via Go.instance.AddTween(tween). But the method fails to do that because the tweens .isValid method returns false as the 'target' is missing. I don't quite understand this pattern and presume I've just missing something. What would be the proper way to create a tween, run it, have it remove itself, then be able to add it back and run again?

34. Mathieu

Mathieu

I'm trying to tween the intensity value of the Bloom effect from StandardAssets. I'm having a hard time figuring it out.
    Code (CSharp):
    3.         UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.Bloom bloom = GetComponent<UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.Bloom>();
    5.         // if I change bloom intensity this way, it's working...
    6.         // bloom.bloomIntensity = 2.0f;
    8.         // if I use GoKit floatProp it have no effect
    9.         Go.to(
    10.                 bloom,
    11.                 1.0f,
    12.                 new GoTweenConfig()
    13.                 .floatProp("bloomIntensity", 1.0f)
    14.             );
    Any idea?

35. db82

db82

I think the property needs to be defined as a setter/getter like so:

public float bloomIntensity { get; set; }

See here - https://github.com/prime31/GoKit/wiki/3.-Tweening-Custom-Properties

36. Mathieu

Mathieu

Thank you db82, it's working! :)

37. Andrew-Q

Andrew-Q

Hello, I've got a question regarding local path movement. If I set it to relative it get parents transform, so starting position is fine.

But, if parent is moving, object starts and continue to follow path in world vectors of path, so this happens:

My question is, is it possible to move in local coordinates using path? If so, can you please provide some hint.

Thanks.

38. ratamorph

ratamorph

The following code is doing a 2.2k allocation on GO.AddTween
    Code (CSharp):
    1. ScaleTweenProperty scaleProperty = new ScaleTweenProperty(new Vector3(SCALE_EFFECT_MAGNITUDE,SCALE_EFFECT_MAGNITUDE,SCALE_EFFECT_MAGNITUDE));
    2.                 GoTweenConfig scaleTweenConfig = new GoTweenConfig();
    3.                 //scaleTweenConfig.scale = new Vector3(;
    4.                 scaleTweenConfig.addTweenProperty(scaleProperty);
    5.                 scaleTweenConfig.easeType = GoEaseType.Punch;
    6.                 scaleTweenConfig.loopType = GoLoopType.RestartFromBeginning;
    7.                 //scaleTweenConfig.onCompleteHandler = ResetScale();
    9.                 GoTween scaleTween = new GoTween(playerPortrait.transform, 1, scaleTweenConfig);
    10.                 scaleTween.setOnCompleteHandler( c => ResetScale() );
    11.                 Go.addTween(scaleTween);
    Is there any way to avoid this? I'm trying to make a UI element pulsate on impact.

39. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

I'm looking for an example of how to tween the pivot values of a RectTransform.

Code (CSharp):
    1.         Go.to(thisRect.pivot, .5f, new GoTweenConfig().vector2Prop(new Vector2(0,0));
    This is my terrible attempt. Any thoughts on how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated!

40. Jackin-Joe

Jackin-Joe

Gokit how to achieve the effect , same as transform.RotateAround