Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Preventing changes being sent

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by hippocoder, Jan 10, 2017.

1. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Hi,

We have a camera in edit mode that's moving around so we can keep a view of the game and a view of the scene without post, however if the camera is ever moved it seems collab wants to send that over to other people... how to prevent this behaviour? as far as I can tell, I can't tell it to not serialise transform changes.

2. dtakahas

dtakahas

Hi!

Currently, there is no way to ignore just the camera. If that camera move is the only change, you can of course revert the change, but I'm sure that's usually not the case.

It's an interesting problem - it would be a nice feature to be able to tag individual transforms / components to be excluded from being considered changes. We'll definitely put it in the feature request list.

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Thanks a lot, because we do move things but don't save them or want them saved. It's causing the artist a lot of stress discarding his camera changes every. single. time. Especially as the camera is part of a prefab.... he does not apply the prefab so this change shouldn't really keep committing the entire prefab.

could be a bug?

Is there maybe a hook or callback I can get so I vet what changes get upped?