Search Unity

Post-processing working in scene view but not in game view

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by Deleted User, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello everyone,

I have tried the new post-processing stack with both Unity 5.5.4f1 and Unity 5.6.2f1. In both cases, the post-processing effects I selected are displayed in the scene view but when I start the game view, none of the selected effects are visible. No error or warning are displayed in Unity 5.5.4f1. In Unity 5.6.2f1, I get the following warning (which seems to be due to a known bug): https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/PostProcessing/issues/194

I have simply attached the PostProcessingBehaviour script to the single camera in the application and created a post-processing profile which I assigned to scripts public "profile" field.

I have also built the application for iOS and with the post-processing component attached, the screen remains black.

I use an (pre-subscription model) Pro licence.

Do you have an explanation why it doesn't work?

breylinlee and hMark like this.
  2. PetrSinger

PetrSinger

Hi,

this is the problem.
    You have attached PPB to the camera.
    In game this has to be attached to FirstPersonCharacter if you have one.
    This works :)

yigityaldiz likes this.
  3. AliweeLee

AliweeLee

Hi,

I came across the same problem using Unity 2017.4 version. I found out that my problem was: I used Canvas and UI Elements like Button, Text, and Image. When I only used Sprite, the PostProcessingBehaviour worked just fine.

So maybe you could try my solution if you're also using Canvas:
    • Change Render Mode in Canvas from Screen Space-Overlay to Screen Space-Camera
    • Dragged your Camera with the PostProcessingBehaviour to Render Camera

4. gowthamrajbio

gowthamrajbio

5. fazhom

fazhom

For me, the problem was that I needed to check the checkbox Post-Processing in the camera parameters 'Rendering'.

(Unity 2019.3)

6. MrDasix

MrDasix

I did this. But still not showing :/

7. Oyedoyin1

Oyedoyin1

8. Lermanis-KING

Lermanis-KING

In (Topbar)Edit > Projects Settings > Graphics, I had to uncheck Use defaults and check HDR.

Saicopate likes this.
  9. Medici-edu

Medici-edu

This works. Thanks.

10. renanyappy

renanyappy

Thank you :)

11. nicmarxp

nicmarxp

Just in case anyone gets stuck here, make sure to enable HDR on the Universal render pipeline asset. :)

12. soyfeo123

soyfeo123

Thanks!

Monty06 likes this.
  13. Spark88

Spark88

This still works in 2020.3! Thank you!

14. unity_4XWcnhMEUZ043g

unity_4XWcnhMEUZ043g

This solved for me. Thanks!

15. BlockidoGaming

BlockidoGaming

What is Render Camera? I'm a bit new to unity and i am making a game but the post processing only shows on the scene and not the game scene. How do I fix this? (Im trying to make a Title screen)

16. NightKotGames

NightKotGames

Hi people. the same problem with postEffects. Scene has them, but Camera doesn't. The Posprocessing object is separate. In MainCamera - Layer - "PostProcessing", HDR in normal rendering is enabled.

Attached Files:

17. Speedomon

Speedomon

If anyone still got this problem; not sure why but I had to disable Anti-Aliasing in the Universal Render Pipeline Asset.
    You can still have it activated in your camera settings though.

18. NightKotGames

NightKotGames

solved the problem in a simple way. deleted the camera, and created a new one.

19. drumrtom

drumrtom

Thank you so much! I searched for an hour before I found this! I couldn't figure out how to use the HDR on the UI without doing this. You're my hero! :D

20. jorge_acm

jorge_acm

Hello, it works for me by deactivating the "Ambient Occlusion". In my case it was not much of a difference if I removed it. I hope it helps you. Unity 2020.2.1

21. kivril

kivril

If everithing is enabled like it should, and still not working, DELETE an old camera and add new one. Worked for me.

22. Big_Gamer52

Big_Gamer52

Still works, thanks a lot!

23. manbearpigman

manbearpigman

legend

24. dongminghui1313

dongminghui1313

I think Unity fixed this issue. I got it work without changing the canvas to Screen Space-Camera with Unity 2020 (I'm using 2020.3.26). Not sure if it applies to everyone but here is what I did:
    1. You need two cameras. One is MainCamera. It is for rendering the scene and has the post-processing layer. Another one is UICamera. It is for rendering UI only. Change the culling mask for these two cameras respectively.
    2. Set the UICamera Render Type to Overlay. In the MainCamera Stack, add UICamera as an overlay.
    After doing the above, post-processing works for me in the game view, even though my canvas mode is still Screen Space - Overlay.

25. naishtech

naishtech

My problem was that I had two cameras - one of them didn't have post processing enabled, and for some reason that camera was taking precedence. Still not sure how to make it use the other camera by default.

EDIT: You can set the other camera to an overlay and add it in the main camera under the "Stack section. Seemed to work.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
  26. sudarshanT

sudarshanT

Worked for me, my ui element was not getting post processing effect.