Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Post about wearable technology fast getting out of hand.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dylan-Samuels, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Dylan-Samuels

Dylan-Samuels

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Can't view without signing in. LinkedIn - the most popular, useless, non-user friendly tool on the web.

wccrawford likes this.
  3. Martin_H

Martin_H

It also seems to incorrectly pretend to users of their app that other people in their contacts have accounts there too, that they can connect to. So they'll send you invites (and keep auto-resending them) even though you don't have or want an account there. Imho that site is pure cancer. I've gotten those "invites" from at least half a dozen people already.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. neginfinity

neginfinity

Yep. LinkedLn has bugging me for 2 months about someone with argentinian name who "wanted to connect with me". Never heard of the guy before.

5. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Facinating. But why do we care on the Unity forums?

MV10 likes this.
  6. I_Am_DreReid

I_Am_DreReid

Why do i have to sign up just to read it, is it classified intel???

Gekigengar and Martin_H like this.
  7. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Doesn't everyone have LinkedIn? I thought it was as ubiquitous as having a Facebook account or an email address.

Anyway don't bother signing up to read the post. It's just some random guy complaining that wearable devices have gone to far, and a picture of a electronic shoe.

8. neginfinity

neginfinity

No, and "no" for Facebook too.

9. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Fair enough. I only ever touch LinkedIn when I'm looking for work. But it is somewhat useful for that purpose.

10. I_Am_DreReid

I_Am_DreReid

Well i do have facebook, i don't have linkedin tho.

11. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Huh! I only found it useful to email me 28 times a day regardless of my user settings I had. I thought everyone moved away from LinkedIn about 6 months after its inception. o_O

Ryiah likes this.
  12. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Its still a pretty standard networking tool in engineering.

13. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Yeah, I use it a bit too. It's better than just swapping business cards because it stays current.

Kiwasi likes this.
  14. goat

goat

Actually LinkedIn is really good for experienced professionals and used successfully quite often by them for regular salaried employment. I found it much better than Monster, Dice, Indeed, and other such sites but not as good as going directly to the employer's site directly. However, many or even most employers no longer have an online way to submit your resume, at least one that they actually use; they tend to use employee search firms which in turn now mostly use LinkedIn. I'm speaking IT here. I don't know about other professions although I've notice other professions representation on LinkedIn has definitely grown.

I suppose that product is as good a place to stash your smart phone as any during a workout. I don't think you'd actually watch TV, but use it to record laps around the track or for easy but out of the way place to keep it to record reps when you go weight lifting and such things.