Search Unity

Pooling Manager (Commercial Grade Freebie) [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DFT-Games, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Notice to the Customers

This thread is no longer in use because of the impossibility to keep the trolls under control.

The sole way to get in touch with us is by using our support website (http://dftgames.uservoice.com) or by dropping us an email at the address written at the end of the documentation.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  2. reddotgames

reddotgames

Nice work ! I was in the middle of writing my small pool manager also but right now maybe I will just grab yours! Is it easy to use it from JS?

O man I've just checked - Getting it from Asset Store require Unity 4.0. Any chance for link to unitypackage? Im sure 3.5 will handle it well.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  3. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Hi,

Well, to use C# from JS just move the script in the Plugin folder, or in the Standard Assets folder, as you prefer ;)

About Unity version I think you can get it anyway fropm the Asset Store but just the scripts are properly imported, and in this case those are the ones you want :) I'm trying to attach the class here anyway ;)

View attachment $PoolingSystem.cs
    View attachment $Pooling_Manager_Documentation.pdf

4. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

WOW. Commercial grade freebie! THANKS MATE! :D

But yeh, requires Unity 4.0 :(
    I am still on Unity 3.5.7 (and I am sure a significant population here are still on that too) and Unity simply stops me from downloading it. Can you port it over to 3.5x?

What you need to do is to just open up your project in 3.5, save it and send it to Asset Store.

5. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Well, I don't have the 3.5 installed any longer, but I can see to reinstall it for managing the Asset Store packages, I guess it'll be better to still publish packages using 3.5.

6. elias_t

elias_t

Exactly! Unity asset store has lost a lot of sales from me by not having a 3.5.x version on many of its assets.

7. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

That's grant, I've just submitted a repackaged version for Unity 3.5.7, I hope you'll enjoy this ;) It'll take a few days to be online... I'll post here to let you know when it goes live ;)

Sorry for this, I wasn't aware of this behaviour of the Asset Store.

8. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Yeah its kind of crazy but last time I checked 2/3rds of the unity community has not upgraded, means you would selling 3x as much, I think unity should give say 10% more for people who use version4 so it encourages other users to upgrade.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  9. trooper

trooper

I can't seem to download the .cs file you've attached.

I'd like to see how generic the pooling system is to get ideas for my own.

10. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

I attached both script and doc on the 3rd post, it works for me, if it doesn't work for you then something is wrong with your browser settings I guess. Anyway I think that by tomorrow the new version (made with Unity 3.5.7) will be live.

I strongly advise you not to write your own, that's the whole point of using ready made objects: not re-inventing the wheel every now and then. This component is 100% generic regarding Unity (it doesn't work on non-Unity software) and it will be expanded and maintained on a plan depending on users requests (like all our packages), so using this (or any other) component frees you from maintaining your own code. Ourselves we use a lot of components from the Asset Store for this very reason ;)

11. trooper

trooper

Writing own = copy all your code, change bits to work with my code :)

No idea what's going on with the attachment, I can't get it with safari or chrome. Just downloads attachment.php 1 x 1 pixels.

12. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Trooper - it works for me. Something is seriously FUBAR on your end I imagine. I am using Firefox v19 btw.

13. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

@troper: I'd be really surprised if you need to change anything to implement it in your code... actually more than surprised... astonished :) If you drop me an email (pino AT dftgames DOT com) I'll send you the package ;) At any rate you better get it anyway from the Asset Store once it's live so you can get all the updates easily ;)

14. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Hi guys,

The updated version supporting both Unity 3.5 and Unity 4 is now live on the Asset Store ;)

15. trooper

trooper

I've just got a system where it automatically looks in my resources folder for prefabs and generates an "enum" style class with "folders" that lets me load a prefab using intellisense instead of a string :) Overkill but it looks pretty.

I've got your code now and I think I'll just sit my code over the top so I don't have to edit anything when you update.

16. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Too awesome! Thanks so much! :)
    I will report back any bugs (if any) I encounter.

17. trooper

trooper

I like the way you've done this, everything contained in a non static class.

My first attempt years ago had everything in a static class which caused me grief when I had to add in clean up code to get rid of memory leaks.

18. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Hey guys!

I see hundreds of downloads, not as much as our Transitions Manager, but a lot anyway :) Any feedback? Any feature request?

Best!
    Pino

19. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

20. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Notice to the Customers

This thread is no longer in use because of the impossibility to keep the trolls under control.

The sole way to get in touch with us is by using our support website (http://dftgames.uservoice.com) or by dropping us an email at the address written at the end of the documentation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.