Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

"Plugin 'OVRPlugin.dll' is used from several locations:" error on Windows build

Discussion in 'Windows' started by KevinSchenk, Feb 27, 2017.

1. KevinSchenk

KevinSchenk

I'm trying to build from Windows from my Mac and I'm getting the following error:

Plugin 'OVRPlugin.dll' is used from several locations:
    /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/UnityExtensions/Unity/VR/Win64/OVRPlugin.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/OVRPlugin.dll
    /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/UnityExtensions/Unity/VR/Win/OVRPlugin.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/OVRPlugin.dll
    Please fix plugin settings and try again.

UnityEditor.Modules.DefaultPluginImporterExtension:CheckFileCollisions(String)
    UnityEditorInternal.PluginsHelper:CheckFileCollisions(BuildTarget) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Plugins/PluginsHelper.cs:25)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

As far as I know, this project doesn't have any plugins. I'm not using Virtual Reality, which this seems to be for. I was also able to build for Windows in a previous version, but just updated to the latest (5.5.2).

Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

2. KevinSchenk

KevinSchenk

I seem to have gotten around it by using Cloud Build instead.

3. RonaldDPetersII

RonaldDPetersII

I'm having the same exact problem using Unity 5.5.2f1 on Mac. I can't build for iOS!

4. Uber6

Uber6

As a workaround I have deleted the VR folder - /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/UnityExtensions/Unity/VR because I don't do anything VR related. Seems to be working so far although not the best idea.

5. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

Another thing to try when this happens is deleting Library folder from your project and then launching Unity.

6. Xavier070

Xavier070

Re import All Asset and compile App in another directory solve the problem for me.

7. Cloggin

Cloggin

After an insurance-commit, I nuked the Library folder, launched Unity, reimported assets and was then able to compile for iOS. Going to give it a shot for compiling for Android, too, using this route.

8. loir

loir

I renamed the Assets > OVR > Plugins > 1.18.1 > Win folder to ... Win 32 and the plugin to OVRPlugin1 So far, so good.

9. Baraiyashaktivan

Baraiyashaktivan

OVRPlugin.dll extra file delete in your project

10. macattackbok

macattackbok

Which OVRPlugin.dll do I delete? I have four different ones. Help.