Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Please READ: Known issues in Unity 4.3 when deploying for Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Tomas1856, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Unity 4.3 is out, but it seems there are two faulty features present when deploying Windows Store Apps for Windows 8.1.

If you're experiencing input lag, please do the following:
    appCallbacks.AddCommandLineArg("-disable-low-latency-presentation-api")

If you're experiencing touches returning incorrect positions, please do the following:
    appCallbacks.AddCommandLineArg("-disable-independent-input-source")

We're looking into this, and will try to fix those as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

2. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

This fix also fixed my problem where the Unity window was not regaining focus correctly when the App is in a split window. Cheers.

I seem to have another issue in 4.3 where I can't get Unity to build a release build. Even if I choose Release in the build configuration it still puts the 'development build' watermark in the bottom right and Debug.IsDebugBuild returns true.

Any ideas?

Edit:

Never mind. Apparently we should use the 'Master' configuration instead of 'Release' when building a release build. :)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  3. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Select Master configuration.

4. dberroa

dberroa

Where do I add the line:

appCallbacks.AddCommandLineArg("-disable-low-latency-presentation-api")

?

5. Meltdown

Meltdown

In App.xaml.cs in your Windows solution.

appCallbacks.AddCommandLineArg("-disable-independent-input-source") doesn't work for me at all. Stops clicks and touch input from working on Surface Pro 2 totally.

6. allenwp

allenwp

I have a problem where touch and click input is returning incorrect positions when I start the game on one screen, but then move it to my secondary screen. Moving back to the first screen resolves the problem, but it comes back again if I move back to the secondary screen.

appCallbacks.AddCommandLineArg("-disable-independent-input-source") does not seem to make any difference.

Thanks,
    Allen

7. SIJO_Studios

SIJO_Studios

Hi Unity Team, im not sure if this is known, but I find on a WP culling/drawing off screen has a huge impact on performance unlike iOS and Android, Im not sure why. I thought it may of been some bad code on my behalf but seems other people are also experiencing the bug.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/23...-bad-on-Lumia-820-but-perfectly-on-Samsung-S2

Is this a bug and if so is it known to the team?

Cheers,
    Simon

8. konsnos

konsnos

It might also be similar to Windows Phone build, set to 8.1 Silverlight. I've reported it here https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?633183_g3kcdd9ivabip437 . Easily replicated.

9. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Why would do you want to build to Silverlight 8.1? Unity doesn't officially support this scenario. If you want to target Windows Phone 8.1, select this option from the Unity Editor.

Bonus: you get increased performance with it.

10. konsnos

konsnos

Hm, You mean building to Windows Store and selecting from there Phone 8.1? I tried building to Universal but the Plug ins from Prime31 for Purchases didn't work, so I stuck with the Windows Phone 8 build, and because I wanted Consubables from 8.1 I changed it to 8.1 Silverlight.

If this is what you meant I'll try it. I didn't know you didn't support that scenario.

11. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Hmm, did you try using Windows Store plugins for Phone 8.1? There's a reason why Phone 8.1 is under Windows Store platform: it is mostly compatible to that, instead of Windows Phone 8.0 API.

Also, what Silverlight 8.1 consumables were you interested in?

12. konsnos

konsnos

I thought Silverlight was my only option for 8.1 . I just wanted to use consumambles which are available only in 8.1 . Couldn't use the universal build due to these plug ins not being compatible with Windows Universal builds. Thus I discovered the "bug" when a user reported it to me that Nokia Lumia 1520 didn't work correctly.

Thanks. That seems to work.

Also, I'm not quite sure if it's relevant but I've reported this one too.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  13. prismpeppe

prismpeppe

Hi, I have the same problem on my Surface Pro, but instead of using "windows app build", I build a normal "exe desktop application". So I haven't got an App.xaml.cs file!!! Where do I have to put that code line???

Thanks.

14. Mayank Ghanshala

Mayank Ghanshala

is Application.OpenUrl is now supported for window phone? If yes then how to go to app in window store like more games and how to make a rate us button? I am using Unity 4.5

15. paulbaker

paulbaker

Hey prismpeppe, did you ever find a solution?

16. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

That solution is not applicable for standalone windows applications. Furthermore, it has been fixed long time ago anyway for Windows Store too. What problem are you having?

Last edited: May 4, 2015
    MrEsquire likes this.
  17. paulbaker

paulbaker

Both touch and stylus touches have about a 5% recognition rate on the Surface Pro 3. We're using Unity 4.6.1f1.

18. prismpeppe

prismpeppe

No, nothing.