Search Unity

Please help me!

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by thedawn, Mar 28, 2017.

1. thedawn

thedawn

I want to write a multiPass shader.And I want to use Shader.EnableKeyword or Shader.DisableKeyword to control What pass I will use. How can i achieving it?

2. bgolus

bgolus

Not possible.

3. thedawn

thedawn

Enn....Do u have any good idea to switch Pass runtime?

4. bgolus

bgolus

Depends on what you're trying to do. If you're rendering a mesh manually using GL, Graphics, or CommandBuffers you can use SetPass or the command buffer draw commands let you set a pass.
    https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Material.SetPass.html
    https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Rendering.CommandBuffer.DrawMesh.html

I don't think SetPass does anything for an object placed in the scene, but it might. I believe internally Unity is already doing these kinds of SetPass commands for rendering objects so it might blow away your setting, but it's worth a try.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  5. thedawn

thedawn

Very thanks for your answer.But maybe you don't understand my mind.I write a shader.The shader contain 2 Pass.Sometines I want to use Pass 1 and 2 render,but sometimes I want to only use Pass 1 to render.How to switch the two situations?

6. colin299

colin299

you can only wait for Unity 5.6
    if your second pass is not coupled with the first pass(something like selection outline),
    CommandBuffer.DrawRenderer
    is the way to go.

for example you can use command buffer to add layered effect to a skinned mesh.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  7. thedawn

thedawn

Very Thanks,the second way looks so difficult.I just wait for Unity 5.6,It looks so cool!