Search Unity

PlayWay Water - high quality water system

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by zuzzu, Oct 9, 2015.

1. web76

web76

In my existing scene I get this error now, and cannot see the sea mesh anymore.. how can I fix this..

Shader warning in 'PlayWay Water/Variations/Water _ALPHAPREMULTIPLY_ON _CUBEMAP_REFLECTIONS _NORMALMAP _TRIANGLES': 'unity_WorldToShadow' : macro redefinition at Assets/PlayWay Water/Shaders/Water/UnityShaderVariables.cginc(135) (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL _TRIANGLES _WATER_FRONT
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME

mmaclaurin likes this.
  2. RKTeam

RKTeam

Hi. We use playway water in our small application and have issue.. We have 2 water profile. One profile works fine (we use this profile for close view). But another profile have a lot of dark blue pixels on water and we can't fix this.

But. All works fine on GTX 1060\1080.
    This problem is only on Radeon FirePro graphic cards.

Can u help please?

mmaclaurin likes this.
  3. wood333

wood333

I had playway water working well until I upgraded to Unity 5.6.3f1. I get no errors on import of the latest version of PlayWay, but when I add the water (basic) component to my water GO I get these errors.
    PlayWay errors in Unity 5-6-3f1.JPG
    Is there version of PlayWay that works with Unity 5.6.3f1 ?

4. olavrv

olavrv

try deleting shadercache.

Actually a guy from Unity told me to delete the whole library folder when upgrading to new versions of unity (not patches but versions)

wood333 likes this.
  5. wood333

wood333

Thanks for the tip on library folder. I was able to remove some of the errors, but I still can't get the latest asset store version of Playway to work in Unity 5.6.3f1. Unity tries to update the API but something fails in the process.

6. olavrv

olavrv

I would recommend using the beta, the version on assetstore is missing a lot of features

7. mkgame

mkgame

Hi,

1. has this water system foam between beach and water? I did not see any in your screenhots, but maybe the foam was too small.
    2. Is this water solution fast? GPU, CPU based?
    3. Can this water system be used for rivers?
    4. Is there a 2D wave shader included? (Not important, if the 3D wave solution is fast.)

I would like to use it for an RTS game, the main thread should not be used. I used a known water system, that dropped my FPS from 140 to 20 (On Desktop). There is somehow no real 3D wave based river solution in the asset store, that is fast and looks good. I hope that your water shader has an adjustable direction and that I'm able to make the waves calm and dirty (barelly transparent) to simulate a river in a desert environment.

8. sadicus

sadicus

1. is PlayWay Water 2.0b10 the current version?
    2. Will someone kindly post the:CausticLight? project search is not finding it.
    3. How to use the PlayWay Water Samples Dependencies.unitypackage?
      Asset Store-5.x\PlayWay\ScriptingEffects
      • PlayWay Water System.unitypackage
      • PlayWay Water 2.0b10.unitypackage
      • PlayWay Water Samples Dependencies.unitypackage

9. sadicus

sadicus

Anyone understand how to setup Static Water - how to make it contour to the Terrain shape? The Default terrain has a noise pattern, (looks painted) my example is square.

Attached Files:

10. gibmation

gibmation

Any further news on the future of this asset?
    Thanks

11. shida-liu

shida-liu

I am a science student learning about ocean theory and Unity recently, playway water is really amazing.I really wonder what literature or research did you read in this project?
    Could you please tell me the names of literature?
    Thanks!

electric_jesus likes this.
  12. Rave-TZ

Rave-TZ

Trouble with Vertex shaking. We modified the shaders to run on Nintendo Switch but the only thing remaining is this vertex shaking issue whenever the camera moves. I've seen this on PS4 and mobile platforms as well. Its only aparent when the camera moves.

13. Bartolomeus755

Bartolomeus755

I have the same problem on windows as well, but only if the far clipping plane is higher than 12000.

14. Valthaer

Valthaer

Hello @zuzzu

I have PlayWay Water 1.1.7 but i´m interested in try the Beta, how can i get it? It´s the bow wave emitter included in the Beta?
    I use the non-physics script WaterFloat, but it only have Height and Displacement move. Are you planning add heeling moves? it would be great.

One question, how can i reduce the waves speed, in my game it seems waves are too speed to the ship scale, as if the ships was more small than is. Not reduce the wind, instead reduce the waves speed.

Thanks and regards,
    Jesús Jaraíz

15. electric_jesus

electric_jesus

@Valthaer hi!
    Write a personal message to @zuzzu and he will send you a link to the latest beta.
    He doesn't show up in this thread very often.

Valthaer likes this.
  16. eco_bach

eco_bach

@zuzzu Mobile support is mentioned as being 'experimental'. What does this mean? I'm looking for VR performance(60fps) on a top of the line(re latest) iPad. Is this possible with any Unity based Wave-Water simulation?

17. sadicus

sadicus

Imported PlayWay Water 2.0b10 to project, How to fix these errors?

18. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

@zuzzu What is the status of this asset? Are we ever going to see the new developers take over?

Anyone else gotten SSS working decent? The formula for it in Ceto was far more functional than I can get in the latest beta. I can't even see it at all.

ftejada likes this.
  19. pat_trick

pat_trick

OK, been updating some of my projects recently.

There is currently on the Asset Store Version 1.1.7 of this asset, released July 25th. Do we know what versions of Unity 3D this is compatible with?

There is a Beta 2.0b10 that appears to be going around; is this correct? Do we know what version of Unity 3D this is compatible up to?

20. pat_trick

pat_trick

To follow up to my previous post, I got an email reply from the author:

[The] Asset Store version supports Unity versions from 5.3.5 to 2017.1.

The latest beta (2.0b10) supports Unity 5.6 and 2017.1.

syscrusher and ftejada like this.
  21. emrys90

emrys90

I wish that was true. I have issues with both on Unity 5.6 that the dev has not replied to.

22. Trassan

Trassan

Hello! Love the asset!

I'm wondering how to achieve this effect seen in the pictures. The first one is how my camera looks when it is halway submerged and the second one is how I want it to look like. How do i achieve this?

Attached Files:

23. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

Add the underwater component to the camera.

24. jjxtra

jjxtra

How do I disable directional lights on the water? Combed through all the scripts and shaders and didn't see anything obvious.

25. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

Maybe by layer?

26. jjxtra

jjxtra

Unless I am missing something, it would sure be nice to just have a float called "DirectionalLightIntensity" on the Water script, default value of 1. Dealing with clouds is a royal pain with this asset. Not all clouds cast shadows properly so that is not an option. Dimming the directional light is not an option too as it makes the scene look way too dark. I tried raising the ambient light but then the scene looks bad.

27. jjxtra

jjxtra

I can control reflection with layer, but that is not the issue. The issue is the sunlight reflecting off the water.

28. pat_trick

pat_trick

Just passing the response I received from the developer.

29. stevenwanhk

stevenwanhk

Same here, not working with single-pass on 2017.1.0p4

30. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

I just bought this yesterday because I was told it works with Single Pass rendering for VR. I am on an Oculus in Unity Windows 10. I am getting 2 images of the display. Is there a setting that must be switched to use it on Single pass that I am missing???

Also I just ran it with Enviro for the lighting and during the night cycle the waters lighting is popping all over the place...

I just messaged you with my invoice #. Please put me on the Beta. I tried your site but it is down...

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  31. olavrv

olavrv

@zuzzu Please post some update on status of what will / is happening with regards to future of PlayWay water!

It would be a respectful courtesy to your customers. Silence is not always gold :)

32. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

Just wanted to pop in and say Thanks for giving me Beta access and some tips on correcting the hardware conflicts I am having in the Oculus VR setup.

33. ibyte

ibyte

@SoloChristian I asked for Beta access by PM to @zuzzu one week ago. Is there some other process for requesting Beta access?

34. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

I just went to his site and sent an email.

35. ibyte

ibyte

36. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

37. panos12

panos12

Hello I have a problem with playway water. I do the instructions from the pdf and I am able to view the water when I hit play. However I cant see it in the editor view. Any fixes?

38. olavrv

olavrv

this is "normal" for playway water in scene view :)

39. Ishizuke

Ishizuke

Hello. I am having artefacts using Playway Water on integrated graphics Intel Core-i5 6400 Skylake. It was with old version and remains with the last version. Black and white pieces all around the water.

UPD. Disabling anisotropic textures in quality settings make it worse.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  40. panos12

panos12

S*** now I feel completely stupid. Sorry :)

41. ftejada

ftejada

Hi !!
    I had the same problem long ago (If you go a few pages later in the forum you will see it). I know it is produced by reflections. But I could not solve it and zuzzu did not give me the proper support. In the end, after a long time waiting, I preferred to try with Beta versions and I did not have the problem anymore

With the Beta versions did not happen again.

The version you use of PlayWay which is, the one of the store of assets or a Beta version? I hope you have more luck than I can for zuzzu to help you solve it.

Maybe you should ask zuzzu for the beta version. Although it seems that the latest Beta version is giving problems because of what I'm seeing in the forum and I did not want to try it.

regards

42. PeterB

PeterB

Abandoning PlayWay water now. The product clearly is dead and was never feature complete according to what was advertised and promised. I wouldn't hold my breath over any newer developers taking over. Very, very disappointing.

Thank you and goodbye.

unitarians and ftejada like this.
  43. panos12

panos12

Hello one more question what is the best weather asset to use with playway water?

44. stevenwanhk

stevenwanhk

Beta version is also buggy as well, just different bugs from the one in store.

45. Bartolomeus755

Bartolomeus755

Enviro, trueSKY and Tenkoku should work with PlayWay Water without issues.

panos12 likes this.
  46. InteractiveMediaDev

InteractiveMediaDev

For anyone else using Playway Water 1.1.7, it appears to load fine in Unity versions up to 5.5.4f1, but not in 5.6.x (haven't tried 2017). All the versions of 5.6 that I have imported Playway into have pink water and shader errors.

Shodan0101 likes this.
  47. Ishizuke

Ishizuke

Hello. I am tried the Asset Store version. I wrote the letter to the author long ago (in prevoius year or in the beginnig of this year) but did not get a response.

48. ftejada

ftejada

Puffff !!!
    Bad affair!

49. KarloE

KarloE

What is up with this? I bought it for the water volume subtract thing, and it works, but I cant render the edges and that sux. When I go through the code, it says the Render displaced water feature is obsolete. Any help?

This is basically why I bought this asset. Maybe im doing something wrong?

50. KarloE

KarloE

Seems like I just had to select full rendering. Still doesnt really look the same as the underwater postprocessing but heh, ill try working on it.