Search Unity

Player export failed. Reason: 2 errors - ***There are no Errors!***

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by developersice, Jun 12, 2017.

1. developersice

developersice

Hi Unity Forum/Support

We have been attempting to cloud build our project, the first issue was that our dll's were not being pushed with git. However, after fixing that, we have found that our cloud build constantly fails with 2 errors that we cannot identify from the full log. I have tirelessly searched the log and fixed anything that flagged up as an issue and now there are no errors after 3 attempted clean builds.

Would one of you be able to look into our build issues and help identify the problem.. perhaps the system is not clean building correctly?

Our project builds fine on all our local pc's here in the office.

Thanks,
    Rob

2. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

Think it's most likely these errors:
    Possibly also related:

3. developersice

developersice

Thanks Danny, it does appear System.Windows.Forms.dll is used by the VLC media player asset store plugin, which is a real shame as we are dependant on it for various screens of the app until we are able to upgrade to the latest version of Unity that uses the video player. Hope this post provides an answer for anyone else using the VLC media player plugin in a cloud build app. Will report back if we fix the issue by migration of unity version and removing the vlc plugin.

4. developersice

developersice

We are currently hitting this error twice which is still holding up our build status
    18704: [Unity] System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Mono.Cecil.AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'

5. developersice

developersice

The system.windows.forms.dll isn't even in our project, in the logs on cloud build, it seems to be added when the build begins, through the cloud build, could you have a closer inspect of this please?

We are able to build fine from our computers here so this is a real head-scratcher!

6. Ironmax

Ironmax

Did you ever open the visual studio project files from Unity in Visual studio and added some assembly there? If you then saved, the reference could be in the project file.

If so, solution to open opp reference and remove does dll. (they are prop in yellow warning)

7. developersice

developersice

That's a great suggestion actually, we just opened our solution in Visual Studio and found that the System.Windows.Forms.dll was in the references section of all the sub-headings in the solution, currently testing with cloud build again.

Will report back if the error is now gone since.

Ironmax likes this.
  8. developersice

developersice

I just realised that we do not push any of our visual studio .SLN files into our Git repository (bad practice I'm told), and removing each of the references didn't seem to change any of our files in the project (any of the scripts).

So I'm a bit stumped as I'm sure that the Unity Cloud build copies our repository branch sent to it, and generates it's own SLN file or something, so we can't overwrite that.

Do people usually push their 'Library' folder to the build branch they use for cloud build? Seems unnecessary