Search Unity

PlaybleTrack and Cinemachide Collider Virtual Camera

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by TomekCoduar, May 17, 2017.

1. TomekCoduar

TomekCoduar

Hi !
    As a new developer in a company that wants to use Cinemachine and Timeline i got a few questions because i just couldn't find any good explanation anywhere( at least that i could understand ).
    First of all i just can't find any good tutorial or explanation on how to use PlayableTrack, tried a few things but I just can't set it up. ( i mean from the code ).
    Second thing is the CinemachineCollider... i got my character hookd up with 1 virtual camera as a composer and transposer. It does it work but i got some problem colliding with objects. If CinemachineCollider looses its object from sight it snaps close to him. To the point: Is there a way to rotate it instead of closing it to character?
    Would be grateful for help because Cinemachine is an amazing piece of work and i would like to use it more :)

2. Adam_Myhill

Adam_Myhill

@TomekCoduar
    Playable track - you want to code generate things on a Timeline track? Like generate camera clips? Please explain further.

Collider - there's two systems there. Preserve Line of Sight will snap the camera forward ahead of objects which get between the camera and target. The Curb Feelers will move the camera away from walls and things while still looking at the target.

Try turning off the Preserve Line of Sight and see how that goes

3. TomekCoduar

TomekCoduar

@Adam_Myhill
    So about PlayableTrack i would like to do simple things like lights blinking, i've tried to copy it from this clip:
    - 22:00 min but it didnt work at all, i assume this is from previous version or smt? Lets say i would like to activate Timeline at some point where it blinks lights like in the yt video.

Thanks about the collider i will try it right now! :)

4. Adam_Myhill

Adam_Myhill

Ah, now I understand. Custom playables have had some recent small changes recently. What version of Unity are you on? I'll get @seant_unity to shed more light on this

TomekCoduar likes this.
  5. TomekCoduar

TomekCoduar

Adam_Myhill and ArthurT like this.
  6. TomekCoduar

TomekCoduar

7. julienb

julienb

Unity Technologies

8. TomekCoduar

TomekCoduar

Thanks @julienb
    Already got it and testing :) Once again thanks for your hard work.

julienb likes this.