Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Play button sticks?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Vectrex, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Vectrex

Vectrex

Is it just me or does your play button stick randomly. Around once every 30-40 plays it'll just sit there, clicked, WITHOUT playing the game. Unity hasn't frozen though as the scene view is live. You CAN'T stop it either, so I have to restart Unity.

Why am I posting this in collab? It might be a coincidence but I've noticed that a lot of the time, if I push/pull with collab, it'll unlock the play button and actually play the game.
    This might not be a collab bug, but it's linked somehow. This isn't just me as I'm a teacher and many students get it on their laptops too (we all use Collab)

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Vectrex! I'm sorry that you and your students have been running into this annoying issue. You're right, there is a bug in 5.5 where trying to play soon after pulling the latest changes can cause the compiler to hang on some occasions, which also holds up the Editor. We have a fix for most of these compiler edge cases in 5.6. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Vectrex likes this.
  3. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Heya @ryanc-unity -- when is this patch coming out :) My teammate and I experience this bug every 1 in 5 plays since 5.5 :/ it's more often than just after a recent pull, but even recent changes from Visual Studio! We're dying for a fix. I'd do anything for such a patch. It's still not fixed in 5.6.1 :( I'll do whatever I can to help get this rolling, just tell me.

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi again, @dylanh7244! My bad for the confusion. One of the fixes did land into 5.6.0f3 but there are other issues around the play button that we're still looking into. It sounds like the fix hasn't addressed the issue you're running into so we'll be marking the other issues as a higher priority. We'll aim to have a fix as soon as possible. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

5. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

I've been trying to get this fixed for ages. If you have the power to bump it to a higher priority, you would forever have my gratitude. My teammate literally downloaded Unreal after he had sticky button about 20 times yesterday, I'm like "NONONO! Wait! Ryan is here to save us!!" :D

If I could fix any bug in Unity, it'd be this, so, sincerely, thank you for helping with this.

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I'm so, so sorry that you and your teammate have been wracking your heads against this annoying bug for so long. :(I'm bringing it up to the team today and hopefully it'll be among the first batch of bug fixes that we push out after launch! Thank you for your amazing patience!!!!

MrLucid72 likes this.
  7. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Just a bump, this is still an issue in 5.6.3 -- since this was a bug since 5.5, really hoping for a patch since it was reported long ago~