Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

PhysX v3.4 & new vehicle module changes

Discussion in 'Physics Previews' started by strich, May 31, 2017.

1. strich

strich

PhysX v3.4 (Release Notes) came out about a month ago, and with it, some really great updates to the vehicle module:

This appears to resolve a number of key major issues with the current wheel system exposed in Unity. I understand that v3.4 has quite a lot more going on (GPU RB sim, etc), however I'd love to know what kind of timeline we might expect - 1. An in-place update to v3.4 and 2. Some of these features to be exposed into Unity.

The new rolling beta strategy Unity has implemented in recent times would make this kind of thing a great candidate to do in.

2. xCyborg

xCyborg

Not to mention massive performance gains, PhysX 3.3.3 was released in January of 2015 and implemented in Unity 5.5 almost two years later, so expect it in Unity 2018.x.
    I also wish they add support for Nvidia Blast and NvCloth after years of Apex disappointment.

3. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Official Blast SDK already has simplified Unity integration example. It's not fully blown out setup but it shows blast running in a Unity scene.

4. JakubSmaga

JakubSmaga

@yant Any update on this?

5. stuartiannaylor

stuartiannaylor

Its quite some time now and with 4.0 going open source is there or am I asking the wrong questions about Physx PxVehicle as my play with the Wheelcollider so far in terms of usefulness other than extremely basic simulation is a bit poor.
    Anyone know if PxVehicle has been ported via an asset or package somewhere?

6. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

You may want to take a look at https://forum.unity.com/threads/nvidia-physx-plugin-preview.645004 as it exposes most of PhysX 4 API to c#.

stuartiannaylor likes this.
  7. stuartiannaylor

stuartiannaylor