Search Unity

Third Party PhotonControl Won't Start

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by PhanInc, Jun 18, 2017.

1. PhanInc

PhanInc

Hi,

I bought this source code privately from a seller and he set it up and the game was up and running, recently my dedicated server had to be moved due to a windows ransom that happened, so the host moved me to a new dedicated server. I also managed to backup the server files. Couldn't get in contact with the seller since, so I am trying it set it up myself.

So what I backed up was the server files that contains the photoncontrol folders that is similar to the tutorial I followed and the database.sql.

All I know is this game runs on Photon and MySQL. I'm not sure what else I am missing but PhotonControl isn't running and just says 'Photon stopped'.

I followed this guide:

https://doc.photonengine.com/en/onpremise/current/getting-started/photon-server-in-5min

Also in the video it shows that I can download a free license? But I can't seem to find it anywhere on the website.

Also turned off my firewall settings, I don't think there is any routers involved as this is a dedicated server.

I also remember when it was working a few weeks ago I was playing around with PhotonControl and whenever I click on it it would flash white blue and says 'Please Wait' and have a pop up about the license. But now whenever I try to set it up on the server it just stays White and says 'Photon Stopped'. I also clicked start as application for 'default and 'load balancing' but nothing happens.

Server details:

Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
    net.framework 3.5 was installed as that popped up as a requirement when I clicked on PhotonControl.exe

Hope you guys can help me out.

Thank you,

Phan

2. tobiass

tobiass

You can "open the logs" in PhotonControl. Browse through those and check if you find details why the server stopped.
    Post server-side questions in our forum. That should get you some attention by our colleagues from the server-side:
    http://forum.photonengine.com/categories/server