Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

PermissionsDemo does not work

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by fmielke, Apr 13, 2017.

1. fmielke

fmielke

We need a special permission in our Dadyream App and tried out the PermissionsDemo (https://developers.google.com/vr/unity/demos). After a click on "request permission" the dialogue "take phone out of headset" appears. But if I do that, nothing happens. If I turn the phone 90° a button "turn to VR" appears.

What am I doing wrong?

2. mira_leung

mira_leung

Official Google Employee

Which version of the GVR Unity SDK are you using? Could you please try clicking on the "Check Permissions" button in the app? If the permissions are already granted, they can be revoked in Android's Settings > Apps > PermissionsDemo.

3. fmielke

fmielke

GVR Unity SDK version 1.20. I dont know the exact text anymore, but something like "PERMISSIONNAME denied" appears after I clicked "request permission".

4. fmielke

fmielke

I solved the problem by adding android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE to the Android Manifest. Why is that not handled automatically?

And why is "Location" listed in App info -> Permissions although android.permission.INTERNET, android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO and android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE are added to the AndroidManifest.xml? Has nothing to do with location...

5. Krunal_vasundhara

Krunal_vasundhara

And what about the WRITE_SETTINGS permission for marshmallow and above devices???