Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

performance test help

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by scr33ner, Nov 27, 2012.

1. scr33ner

scr33ner

Hello community,

I would like to ask you guys for a little help in performance testing my 1st game.

There is still A LOT of work that I need to do, but I would like to know how the game runs on older, slower systems.

Currently, the game is running steadily at ~65 f/s, with 286 draw calls 26k tris- but, this is on my dev system.
    I did test it on my old PC with a 4.9 windows experience rating it is running well. That said, it has 1 GB of AGP VRAM (yes, it's that old).

Here's the game.

PS: it would help me a bunch if you could put down your system specs.

Thanks in advance...
    scr33ner

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  2. xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

Runs fine on Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz with 3gb ram, and intel chipset graphics.

3. scr33ner

scr33ner

thanks xKroniK13x

just curious, is this an integrated chipset?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  4. Woj_Gabel_FertileSky

Woj_Gabel_FertileSky

huh, i forgot what specs I have. Getting old...

Now, where are the frames per second thingy in there? There was a big 25 on the screen, but I think that was not it.
    Whait a bit..
    Athlon 2 x4 2,9 4G old ass gpu :
    Overall performance is good. Add some tweens and user input feedback and you are golden.

5. scr33ner

scr33ner

Thanks Sedesikus,

I didn't put up the fps counter (I was getting stats from the SDK)- your right, the 25 is how many items are found per level.

Regarding the character its animation, it's not final. My primary focus is to get it navigable so I can block out levels.

I will definitely be asking for feedback when I have more to go on...baby steps :)

6. scr33ner

scr33ner

Hi all,

I have updated my current WIP.

Couple things I'd like to get feedback from the community.

1. Scene transitions. As much as possible, I would like to have scene transitions as seamless as possible. IE not have to load a 'buffer' scene every time the player progresses to the next scene/level.

That said, I'm using the camera character control scripts from the Lerpz tutorial for this WIP. In this sample, when the player goes to the next scene it 'stutters'. The spawn is set up so that the player is ahead of the camera which is directly behind the collider.

I could use some advice on this.

2. This current build is much closer to what I would like to have my game look. My target platforms are web tablets (later).

I'd like to invite you guys give the game a quick run through, especially on lower end PCs (please include PC specs they're helpful). At the moment, my draw call is maxing out at ~600 with ~40k verts tris. Thankfully, I haven't had any hiccups.

As always, thanks...