Search Unity

[PathTracer] UpdateInstanceTransforms job with hash... failed with exit code 1

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by RoryScanlan, Apr 22, 2017.

1. RoryScanlan

RoryScanlan

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my project from 5.5 to 5.6, I have disabled enlighten baking and am trying to bake with progressive lighting. But, upon bake my console is spammed with this error.

'[PathTracer] UpdateInstanceTransforms job with hash: f632dbcc942ac65cfd2ec2ebbc81cff4 failed with exit code 1.'

All my lights in the scene are mixed, as i want them to directly light the character at runtime and I have no reflection probes. The scene is quite large, but i have lowered the resolution of the bake considerably.

Cleaning my GI cache, while these errors are occurring crashes Unity

Does error code 1 mean i have hit the 3000 prop limit? I have my large meshes split into paces, for enlighten's sake

Any help would be appreciated :)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    mephistonight likes this.
  2. mephistonight

mephistonight

Bump. I'm also experiencing this error.

3. koein

koein

Bump. Experiencing that as well.

Unity 5.6.1, Progressive lightmapping.

4. mephistonight

mephistonight

I don't know if this will fix the problem for you because I don't know what the exit code means but for me this worked:

If you disable the baked option in lighting and enable the GI option instead, then click on the scene view tab heading and choose UV Charts under GI, then enable a bake you should start seeing your UV charts populate the scene view. I found, if I had bad shells on the meshes (reds and pink colours) then all type of baking would fail, unsurprisingly. With the progressive lighting you just find out faster, with various different types of exit codes, exit code 1 being the one I got first.

I found this page helpful for solving this: https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/graphics/unwrapping-and-chart-reduction

5. RPGia

RPGia

I was getting this error as well when trying to bake a lightmap for a scene that had other scenes added to it. Copying all objects into a single scene fixed it.

6. arybak89

arybak89

Bumping, I'm getting this error. Haven't been able to fix. Mine is failing with exit code 2.

7. Rich_A

Rich_A

Getting this error in 2017.4.24

The only solution I've found so far is to use Bakery, but the lighting quality in some situations (particularly for vegetation-heavy scenes) is not as good as the progressive lightmapper.

8. JenniferNordwall

JenniferNordwall

Unity Technologies

Hey!
    This sounds like a very annoying bug, so please file one with a small repo and we will have a look :)

Cheers!

9. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Same problem in 2018.2 :oops:

10. Yuchemey

Yuchemey

ok i experienced the same thing earlier. um. It's probably not a good fix. But. i was able to stop console text.
    For me it was: (Lighting > Lightmapping settings > Lightmapper) I changed it to Elighten no more problems.

DumiHwa, jezsmith720 and Trumped like this.