Search Unity

Path Follow in Planet Gravity

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Paykoman, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Paykoman

Paykoman

Hi guys im trying something that involves enemies follow a path in a planet gravity, right now i make the player gravity work just fine but i cant get how to handle the path follow part, can anyone give me some info or tips if possible? Ty

2. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

You'll need to provide more information.

To simulate a body free falling in gravity you simply add a force towards the centre of mass of the system.

To have a body follow a specific path under gravity is more complex. You need to determine the path to follow, and then add the appropriate steering forces to keep the body on the path. Investigate a PID controller as an option to help with this.

3. Paykoman

Paykoman

I'm trying something like a tower defense in a planet so the enemies need follow the road path as usual but in a planet format.. i try find some information and there aren't really much arround.. i try investigate wt u said, appreciate

just one thing, if i hv a script that attracte the enemies to the planet and have a sequence os empty game objects as path point to follow since its already with gravity to center they will move properly?

PS: It work, just hv some kind of little jump but i hv to test with gravity script :)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  4. Zaflis

Zaflis

Could be easier if the enemies aren't actually affected by gravity at all. Just a scripted path to follow. But i don't know the game so.

5. Paykoman

Paykoman

Thats basicaly wt i do, but i see a bit of jump when they change direction in certain ones...