Search Unity

Patch 5.5.0p1 Errors

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by SteveJ, Dec 9, 2016.

1. SteveJ

SteveJ

Seeing these errors after project has been converted over to 5.5.0p1. Any ideas?

InitializeUnityExtensions: Must have a valid path for the plugin [17]
    Extension was not registered, that means it relies on default UnityExtensions settings, please register extension and apply necessary settings for it in the callback.
    InitializeUnityExtensions: Must have a valid path for the plugin [21]
    Extension was not registered, that means it relies on default UnityExtensions settings, please register extension and apply necessary settings for it in the callback.

On another one of my projects, Unity prompts to upgrade the project, enters the IDE - showing these errors, and if I exit Unity and relaunch, it prompts me again to upgrade the project (i.e. it doesn't seem to be completing the upgrade of the project).

Thoughts?

2. SteveJ

SteveJ

Rolled back. That p1 was giving me seriously bad vibes. Should have known when I was installing it - my dog came over and was barking at the computer. She always knows when S*** ain't right.

Still curious to know what these errors are all about if someone else hits them.

Matexyu, Sarrivin and MrEsquire like this.
  3. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

Hmm, that looks familiar to what's happening in this thread.
    Are you the one creating the plugin or using a specific one that may be causing this?

4. SteveJ

SteveJ

No idea - that's kind of the problem. I don't know what [17] and [21] are. I'm not sure what plugin it's referring to. The ones I'm using were all good in 5.5. I tried reimporting them all from the Asset Store just in case something had been lost, but no good. Rolled back to 5.5 and everything was happy again.

5. hoesterey

hoesterey

I had a similar problem . The gui extension is also causing tons of issues and it's not easy to create bugs on as you can't upload the editor. Based on the gui extension check-ins it looks like its not going through much of a qa process.

6. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

Btw, this is fixed in 5.6

7. SteveJ

SteveJ

I'm now getting this problem in 5.5.1

Does anyone know how to fix it? It makes Unity unusable as each time I open a project, it prompts me to upgrade it to the new version (5.5.1), but that never seems to complete or "save", as the NEXT time I open the project, it tells me it needs to upgrade it again.

Saying it's fixed in 5.6 doesn't really help me. 5.6 isn't out.

8. SteveJ

SteveJ

Incidentally, that's pretty much a clean project. Just some models in it, and ProGrids asset (which I've tried deleting - no difference).

So what are the plugins that it's talking about that must have a "valid path"?

9. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

I know, but the fix for 5.6 had no plans for a backport to 5.5. I'm still talking with QA and the developers to get this backported, we have someone assigned on the case (just spoke with him today) so it's being looked into, we just don't have an ETA yet.

10. SteveJ

SteveJ

Okay. Installing 5.5.0 again instead. The projects I tried will all be broken now, so I'll have to restore them all. It's really S***ty that you guys can release a version like this that's just broken for some people, with no workaround. Makes me nervous to EVER upgrade, and that shouldn't be the case.

derkoi likes this.
  11. jimrota

jimrota

I think there is a 5.6 beta. Does it have this bug fixed? I am also having this issue with 5.5.1

12. nessus43

nessus43

after installing 5.5.1..mainly due to some assets I had purchased were upgraded and now "require" 5.5.1..have had all the same problems as discussed here..have since uninstalled everything and gone back to 5.5.0f3..it is stable..have been using Unity since version 4.x.x ..all versions were very stable and relatively error free..including the upgrades/updates. I very much agree with Steve J...it seems the new versions of unity 5.5.1 and even 5.6 are all unstable..as Unity was/is the app of choice for so many people,I fail to see why now there are so many errors ..not only in the initial install,but even the patches..??? Have the developers gone a different route in their "upgrades" ..trying to beat the competition (?) , releasing before thorough testing,? I can't figure out why such a great app (before), now has so many "errors"..I will stay with 5.5.1f03.till I see all these "problems" have been solved and once again we have the stability we've experienced in the past.!

13. Prog-Maker

Prog-Maker

Assets -> ReImportAll

14. SteveJ

SteveJ

Just FYI - I still get this same problem when I tried to use 5.6.0p3 to open my 5.6.0 project. It tells me it needs to upgrade the project, does the upgrade, all appears fine. When I close the Editor, and then reopen it and the project, it again tells me that I need to upgrade the project. It also still shows "5.6.0" as the version in the project chooser thing.

Thread here (I'd forgotten about this one):
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity-wont-update-projects.469507/