1. Unity 5.6 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We've introduced thread tags, search within a thread and similar thread search. Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Learn how you'll soon be able to publish your games to China in four simple steps with Xiaomi. Sign up now for early access.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Get further faster with the Unity Plus Accelerator Pack, free for new Unity Plus subscribers for a limited time. Click here for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The launcher is currently pulling earlier versions of the content packages which may have errors, see post.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We've released our first Timeline Experimental Preview, our new tool for creating cutscenes and more! To check it out click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out all the fixes for 5.5 in patch releases 1 & 2.
    Dismiss Notice

Particle hair from Blender

Discussion in 'External Tools' started by DylanWest, Feb 19, 2010.

1. DylanWest

DylanWest

I've modeled a character for a Unity game I'm developing and I've made his hair with the hair particle system in Blender. I realize that the Unity Game Engine does not import particle systems from Blender, so I'd like to convert the hair into mesh. When I go to Edit, modifiers, and click on the Convert button, the conversion really doesn't happen. In fact, there is a message beside the button that says "See Particle Buttons". So, I went to the particle buttons panels and did not see any options for mesh conversion there. How do I do this? I've posted this question on blenderartists.org, but nobody has replied there, so I figured I ask here, too. Thanks.

2. aquilinajake

aquilinajake

has this been resolved i would like the answer also for this