Search Unity

1. We're looking for feedback on Unity Starter Kits! Let us know what you’d like.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2017.2 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 2017.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out all the fixes for 5.6 on the patch releases page.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Help us improve the editor usability and artist workflows. Join our discussion to provide your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Pacman graphic for free ( Released 6.may )

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by Mikkel Christensen, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Mikkel Christensen

Mikkel Christensen

Hi Guys

Im giving some graphics away, if anyone wants to make a Unity pacman game for free. (Exclusively for the unity engine)
    We could make it an open source Unity Pacman game, for anyone to contribute. Let me know it you guys would be interested.

Legal notes, Please read.

NAMCO has the rights to the Pacman franchise game, so NO profit what so ever can be made on this game.

I Mikkel Christensen - Still legaly own the rights to the graphics, even if i choose to give it away fore free.

Same rules apply fore your code, you own it.

[​IMG]

My game portfolio - im looking for a paid job in the game industry, anything from coffee maker to graphic artist will do.
    http://mikkel-christensen.blogspot.com/

Friendly regards.
    Mikkel Christensen

Attached Files:

2. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Seems fine with me.

3. nukotoys

nukotoys

Making it free does not change much when it gets to intellectual property. By using the pacman name, game mechanics and look and feel in that context you are probably infringing(?) the pacman copyright AND trademark which I am not sure if they are owned by namco or midway. Sharp graphics otherwise.

Edit: And great portfolio!

4. Mikkel Christensen

Mikkel Christensen

5. Mikkel Christensen

Mikkel Christensen

Before i upload the gamecontent, I want to tightend the graphics up a little. It will take a little more time to finish, as i have alot of to do at the moment.

So heres the updated graphics of the well known Hooligans of the game. More to come.

[​IMG]

Friendly regards.

Mikkel Christensen
    Denmark

6. Mikkel Christensen

Mikkel Christensen

Some more candy pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Mikkel Christensen

Mikkel Christensen

A little update on the graphic layout - its not final graphics yet. But let me hear what you think.

Ive got quite some ideas for game mods, but i all so like to hear from you, if you have any ideas for modded game play.

Friendly regards.

Mikkel Christensen
    Denmark

8. Mikkel Christensen

Mikkel Christensen

(updated) Almost there with the bonus elements.

[​IMG]

9. spinaljack

spinaljack

awesome graphics

10. Mikkel Christensen

Mikkel Christensen

Glad to hear you like it spinaljack.

11. Mikkel Christensen

Mikkel Christensen

Hi again

I ran into some trouble while importting to Unity from 3dsmax. The testure Uwv map is distorted in unity, while it look ok in 3dsmax. Can anyone care to explain me why it it happens - i suggest is is something with the export settings, but i havent figuret what im doing wrong.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

You should post questions like this somewhere besides here, buried in your Collaboration thread (how will folks find this to answer it now? how will folks find the Q&A later to benefit from this?). Please post your questions separately in External Tools, thanks!

13. hydrawyvern

hydrawyvern

could you post the rest of the graphics? they are excellent...! i would like to try a pac man game...

many thanks!

14. Mikkel Christensen

Mikkel Christensen

Any progress guys? And is it possible to see what you came up with so far?

As for me.:

1. Theres still some graphical parts like floating eyes and bonus points that i haven't made yet, but please tell me when you are gonna need it.

2. I also have an 'Arcade' font for the score counter lying on the HD, for me to upload any you to get.

3. I haven't finished up the menu graphics yet, and it will be the last part i upload anyway.

4. Planning to make Baby versions of the ghost's - some mrs Pacman fruits.

15. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Mikkel, please reduce the size of the image included in your first post. There is really no need for such a large graphic here in your forum post, I think something at 800px wide or less is more than sufficient. If you really feel that such a high res image is necessary then include a smaller image in your post with a link to a larger one. Thanks!

16. Mikkel Christensen

Mikkel Christensen

Uploaded a little Zip file update. Nothing much.

Inc. Ghosts eyes and Bonus points in one bitmap.

And a "arcade classic" Font for the score - provided from 1001fonts.com

17. Mikkel Christensen

Mikkel Christensen

A original soundboard is uploaded - Just as a temporary template for you to use, while new soundboard being made.

Attached Files:

18. AndreasBL

AndreasBL

Hi there people...

I have started to code a Pacman clone, with Mikkels graphics as my first Unity project (without any tutorial that is! :D )

So far I have only worked on the maze navigation. As I posted earlier I had some trouble with the precision but it seems like I have fixed it now...

I have put up a webplayer demo of the pacman navigation...

Any suggestion / question is appreciated.

Edit: Please ignore the animations / animationspeeds... :)

19. butteredIce

butteredIce

How did you fix the precision problem? More specifically, how did you keep him in sync with the walls?

20. Ezzerland

Ezzerland

The "Pac-Man" name, as well as similarly used trademark names like "munchy" and etc, are an infringement, and grounds for a legal battle. The Trademark itself is owned by Namco.

There is no copyright on the character, and the concept can be re-used, similar to the laws around Tetris and other similar games, but you cannot use any of its trademarks.

Just a friendly heads up.

21. sravenkande

sravenkande

Hello everyone,
    I am new to the unity tool, I want to develop Pacman game in unity for our project can some one help me how to start from and develop. Thanks in advance your help is utmost important

Thanks