Search Unity

"Package file was not signed correctly" error on publishing

Discussion in 'Android' started by Cyrille Paulhiac_legacy, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Cyrille Paulhiac_legacy

Cyrille Paulhiac_legacy

Hello, I know this is an Android Publishing issue, but I find insteresting to talk here about it because it's an evil trap !

Customers that buy my newly released game have an "Package file was not signed correctly" error.

I find that I signed my key with JAVA 1.7 keytool (32bits), that used as algorithm "SHA256withRSA"
    I was thinking this - default - algorithm is not supported by Android Publishing, and provoke this error.

So I rolled-back to JAVA 1.6, delete my key from my current keystore, and re-create one (same name).
    And it comes with "SHA1withDSA".
    (You can check your keys in a keystore with the command:
    [JDK_PATH]\keytool -v -list -keystore "[YOUR_PATH]\[YOUR_NAME].keystore"

I thought that will solve my signature problem, but when uploading it in Google Play I encounter the message:
    "The apk must be signed with the same certificates as the previous version."
    I'm really disapointed, the purpose of the new update was specifically to change my current certificate !

Right now, I do not know what to do, I'm waiting answers from google^^.
    If anyone knows how to CHANGE an algorithm from a .keystore WITHOUT deleteing/creating a key, you're welcome!

2. Errorsatz

Errorsatz

We ran into a similar issue. The solution, in our case, was to build and sign the game on a different computer (a mac, in this case). Since this does generate a new keystore, you need to delete and re-create your app in Google Play to do it. I'm not sure if there's a way to generate the same key with a different algorithm.

3. Cyrille Paulhiac_legacy

Cyrille Paulhiac_legacy

After some researches, I found that was the easiest way.

I unpublish my game I generate a totaly brand new keystore and key, change the game name and re-upload a new Google Play page.
    It works.

But, I'm disapointed to have fallen into the "JDK1.7" trap.
    It is really a trap, we will not be the last ones to used the lastest JDK and so the latest -unsupported- crypto algorithm.

Readers, always check your keystore with the given line:
    you must double check to really be in SHA1 !