Search Unity

Override Holographic Emulation Input

Discussion in 'VR' started by elpie89, Jul 12, 2017.

1. elpie89

elpie89

2. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Do you want to remap the gamepad controls or the input form the simulated human?

3. elpie89

elpie89

Actually both. changing the mapping in the input settings seems not works

4. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Can you provide more information on what you are trying to achieve? The only input from the controller is the select mapping which maps to gesture control.

5. elpie89

elpie89

I have a new project with the last Holotoolkit installed.
    I just add the HoloLensCamera.prefab in the scene.
    If i test the input from mouse they are working and I can move the camera with mouse input.That'is what I expect
    If now open the Window-Holographic emulation and I set Simulate in editor with a room and handmode right , the camera is no more controllable by the previous input and it works now just with joystick input
    I hope I have been clear.

I would like just use the emulation mode without change the input emulation of holotoolkit
    Thanks for the support

6. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

The HoloLens simulation uses the game pad to control the simulated human which moves the hololens on the head of the human. You can script out your own input using the mouse or the keyboard to interact with objects but not movement. This is because the device overwrites and controls the cameras transforms based on were the person is looking or moving, you would see the same behavior on a HoloLens device.