Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Best Tool Asset Store Award] Amplify Shader Editor - Node-based Shader Creation Tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

You thx too. Answer me pls, file name with defines exteded/expanded properties panels/blocks (i not find this code) or picture name for this panels.

2. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

Fuh! i Find it! Patched files in Attach. Include this files on new build please (it must be have good look in Personal & Professional edition)

PS. I also find bug in version 0.3.2 dev3 - after config blend mode and set values to non opaque (transparent & other) & re-open (after save) shader values all-time showing opaque & geometry mode.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Amplify_Ricardo likes this.
  3. kebrus

kebrus

It depends on how you wanna use them. The texture array index doesn't need to be an integer, it's a math round of the float you use, so ] -0.5f, 0.5f ] = 0 and ] 0.5f, 1.5f ] = 1 and so on which means you can do some basic math with the vertex colors to use them as index, for example you can use only the red channel to define a range of values that represent a range of indices, lets say for example that the full [0,1] range of the red channel represents the first 4 images in the array, you can just first multiply by 4 and then subtract 0.5 to transform the initial [0,1] into [-0.5f, 3.5f], then the first quarter of the vertex color [0, 0.25] would be the index 0, [0.25, 0.5] = index 1 and so on.

You would still need to lerp them or blend them using the blending nodes to get a smooth transition between textures.

4. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello everyone!

Do you happen to be using ASE in your current project? We are getting ready for a promotional event, please contact us directly via PM if you are interested in cross-promotion.

Thanks!

HeadClot88 likes this.
  5. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Glad to know that you found it, we might be able to share additional customization information in the future. One of our developers just sent me an updated screenshot of the Node Properties panel, it will be available in the next update.

Unfortunately, we were not able to replicate the issue. Can you replicate it using another shader? Do you see any errors or warnings in your console?

Thanks!

spaceemotion and Reanimate_L like this.
  6. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

Oooh that's neat

7. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

in console errors only to ASE code, but this is normally. But what interesting - on other shader his fixing on transparent only. May be this effect exist only after upgrade to last version (because on version 1.3.1dev9 all views is ok).

What about new node prop panel - isgood, but need smally more light on expanded (i in attach on my previous post add corrected files with right look for my workplace - i replaced in files on parameter (alpha on all expanded windows from 0.5f to 0.11f) see this files too pls if possible

view my versions of Node prop panel
    Image 325.png

8. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Unfortunately, we were not able to replicate it. Can you replicate it using the latest version on a new shader? Can you send us the problematic shader for further testing? If you could share the errors, that would also be very helpful.

Personally, I think the background texture looks way too bright. Do you happen to be using some sort of automated color control software such as f.lux?

Looking forward to your reply, thanks!

9. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

No, just i recolor canvas grid texture to RGB Color (96, 96, 96, 255)
    PS With Color (64,64, 64,255) Canvas has good view too)

Attached Files:

10. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

If it works well for you, go for it. We will share additional customization details at a later stage, it's even possible to alter the Nodes. However, we currently do not officially maintain and support this type of customization. Our current UI Skin is based on standard Unity values.

I'll be sure to include customization information in our upcoming product Wiki.

Thanks!

11. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

My variant skin use standard Unity values too

12. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Sounds good, be sure to back up your values before upgrading. I recommend using WinMerge in order to keep track of any additional changes.

Thanks!

13. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

Thx You too.
    PS. Submit Simple Hologram demo if need )
    Image 328.png

kebrus likes this.
  14. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

HoloStatic Texture
    Must be include in package too

Attached Files:

15. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thank you for your contribution, we really appreciate it. Cool effect, we will definitely add it to our package in a future update. Would you like us to credit it using a specific link or the email used in the submission form?

Thanks!

16. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

Just text description with e-mail inside folder i think if I understand you correctly (may be comment in shader code) Or i uploading this full archive to google drive for link - how better ?)

17. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

No worries, we will include the shader sample in the ASE package along with a Credits.txt file with your information.

Thanks!

18. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

Thx You too.
    If possible set nick in credits as Gray_Master.

19. Mark_T

Mark_T

Hi Kebrus, thanks for your input mate, but I'm afraid I didn't follow you. Would you be so kind to post an example? Thanks!

20. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey everyone,

Just to let you guys know that we've uploaded a new build into our website.

Here are the release notes:

Release Notes v0.4.0 dev 001:
    • Minor fix on 'Grab Screen Position' node
    • Added new Refraction port into Master Node. Only works correctly with Unity 5.5.1 p1 and above due to an internal unity issue
    • Added new Refraction Example ( AmplifyShaderEditor/Official/ObjectNormalRefraction )
    • Added new Vertex Normal port into Master Node
    • Small update to Material and Shader mode borders
    • Parameter types can now be changed from node itself on property nodes via dropdown on its upper left corner
    • Various fixes from the way the Blend Mode works to take new translucent option into account
    • Fixed issue with connections from cache when changing Light Mode on Master Node not respecting port availability
    • Changed Refracted Shadow demo blend mode
    • Fixed Vertex Offset issue with custom shadow caster
    • Small fix to auto change blend mode on rendertype and render queue changes
    • Fixed some samples with wrong version or wrong connections
    • Fixed UI problems in Unity Personal skin
    We also submitted this new version to Unity Asset Store. Quick reminder, its store price will also be updated on this new version.

Happy shader creations!

21. ScaniX

ScaniX

ASEShaderInspector does not compile for me. CustomShaderInspector is unknown. I'm using Unity 5.5.0f3.

PS: It seems to me that some renaming took place. The file is still called CustomShaderInspector.cs, but the class is now called ASEShaderInspector and the code line is now pointing to nothing.

PPS: Replacing it with ASEShaderInspector seems to make it work without problems.

22. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey guys,

We truly apologize for this nasty situation.
    A new build was uploaded right now into our website with the issue fixed.

23. Mimterest

Mimterest

The Roadmap says Beta 3 was going to have Substance support, is it in yet and I just missed it? Or any ETA? :)

24. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

@Amplify_RnD_Rick Btw is it possible to make the Code area for custom expression to have bigger size by default?
    also, i think the texture array samples are broken can't be loaded.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  25. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey Mimterest, it is already possible to drag and use substance textures inside our canvas. We are planning on adding further support later on, but don't have an ETA for that.

That widget size is automatically set by Unity Layout tools but I'll take a look and see what we can do.
    Concerning the Texture Array Sample, yes, really glad you pointed that out. It somehow got corrupted on our internal repo.
    We just uploaded a new uploaded a new version into our website with the issue fixed.

26. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

You can already drag in textures generated by substances but we are still working on proper support. Are you looking to use any specific substance features or just the generated textures?

It shouldn't be long until we are ready to share additional information, the ASE developer is actually working on it at the moment.

Thanks!

27. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Will do!

28. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

awesome, maybe rather than trying to find a workaround for that. how about moving the code area into the node itself, not in the node property panel?

29. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

The Amplify Shader Editor is now officially out of BETA. As mentioned earlier, we are going to increase our Asset Store update frequency, you should start to see a noticeable difference in the upcoming days. The package available trough our website will continue to be updated regularly.

In addition to the improvements made in the last update, we would also like to take this opportunity to share the new Amplify Products Wiki page. The ASE section is currently the most complete, we will be adding additional information to all other products in the coming weeks. Be sure to check it out for an up-to-date node list, tutorials, a manual, and API Documentation.

Would like to know more about developing your own nodes? You can start learning more today by checking out the API Documentation WIP section.

Amplify Shader Editor Wiki - Amplify Wiki
    Amplify Shader Editor - Asset Store Page

Reanimate_L, zyzyx and spaceemotion like this.
  30. Player7

Player7

On the website can you not just upload the unitypackage directly

AmplifyShaderEditor_v041_001.zip and inside the AmplifyShaderEditor.unitypackage ..can't you just upload that to the site instead (same with sample package ..dump the EULA in the asset folder instead) and have it renamed to AmplifyShaderEditor.v041_001.unitypackage ...I mean the zip hardly compresses it, its already compressed, and also Unity editor window is abit naff when it comes to drag and drop extraction from third party applications like winrar7zip etc.. otherwise I would be doing that, which is why I bring this up.. because it simply doesn't work.. (anyone else get annoyed that unity window cannot accept a drag&drop of a .unitypackage unless its specifically dropped on the project panel.. weird.. anyway yeh its a bit annoying to have to extract like that, then wait for unity to extract again. etc minor things yolo :)

31. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

I see what you mean but, unfortunately, it really has to be shared in that form. The EULA must be included prior to accessing the package, you agree to the terms by importing it. Importing packages can be a bit problematic, particularly on OSX.

Thanks!

32. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Check out the Object Normal Refraction sample included in the latest Amplify Shader Editor update.

We encourage you to share your creations with the growing ASE community. In addition to this thread and our own Sample Page, we will feature the latest notable samples in the ASE Asset Store page.

Submit Content here!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    Malbers and Shodan0101 like this.
  33. Player7

Player7

I tried too but the update has these errors...

34. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

That's odd, when did you get those errors? What's your current Untiy version and targeted platform?

Thanks!

35. ethanwgross

ethanwgross

Still having the same issue with The Tessellation Example just showing a black plane when using Mac version of Unity 5.5.1.
    It worked a few versions back but somewhere along the line of updates, something broke it. Im using the latest version of Amplify Shader Editor from the Unity Asset Store. The screenshot is from a clean installation of ASE and opened up the "Tessellation" example. It shows a black plane, and the inspector shows a black sphere. Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 4.43.02 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 4.44.24 PM.png

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  36. Player7

Player7

5.6.b6 fresh import windows target

37. TeohRIK

TeohRIK

Hi,

Do I need to open the shader created with amplify shader and save everytime I update the amplify shader editor plugin?

thanks

38. SecretAnorak

SecretAnorak

Hi there,

I'm very new to the world of shaders, but am loving the sudden power that ASE has given me. I'm trying to achieve something which I am unsure is possible in ASE as it stands: Making an effective hair shader.

If anyone has played with adding hair to characters, they will have come across these problems:
    1 - The cutout shader (Masked in ASE) looks simply awful, nasty hard edges to hair:

2 - The fade shader looks wonderful with soft alpha blending of hair, BUT has Z-sorting problems (notice the fringe)

What I'm trying to achieve is to render the faded version then layer the cutout version on top. The idea being that the fade version will give nice soft edges whereas the cutout will fix the z-sort problems in more solid parts of the hair. Something like this: (this is a mock up using 2 models with different shaders on them)

(The fade pass is 2-sided and the cutout pass is 1-sided)

Of course if there was some way to make a fade shader respect z-sorting then none of this would be necessary.

If anyone could let me know if this is possible, or of a better solution, I would be most grateful.

Thanks

RoyArtorius likes this.
  39. kebrus

kebrus

Unfortunately that's still not possible :( , it's not hard to add it manually but the editor still doesn't have any support for multiple passes. It's on the roadmap tho, and considering that the feature list is getting larger we should get it soon hopefully.

40. SecretAnorak

SecretAnorak

Thanks for the feedback, looking forward to seeing what is coming up. Keep up the good work :)

RoyArtorius and kebrus like this.
  41. kebrus

kebrus

Sorry for the delay, here's an example, maybe it's not exactly what you want or need but it's just to show how those indexes work.

This is using the sample texture array provided:
    ExampleTextureArray.PNG

Multiplying by 4 and subtracting 0.5 will let you see the first 4 images in the array so you can replace the initial float range input for a vertex color channel to do the operation you want to do.

42. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey ethanwgross,

This shader sample is black because it's being created with Shader Model 5.0, which is currently not supported on Mac but it can be dropped down to 4.6 (minimum shader model required by tessellation ).
    On your end you only need to select Shader Model 4.6 on the Master Node properties and update.
    We will also update the shader on our end and provide the fixed example on our next build.

You don't need to update it every time we launch a new build more so if your shader is working as you intended. But I would recommend updating it once in a while because we are constantly fixing small issues and optimizing the generated shader code.

43. Amplify_RnD_Rick

Amplify_RnD_Rick

Hey Player7,
    Unfortunately this is a Unity known issue with the beta version and will only be fixed on Beta 9. There is however a workaround, you can edit these shaders, select Forward Only on their Render Path and hit the update button.
    We will also do this modification on our end and provided a fixed version of them on our next build.

44. SecretAnorak

SecretAnorak

Just thought I'd let you know, with a bit of trial and error I managed to crowbar one shader into the other in a text editor and now have the exact result I was after. Ok the cut and paste bit is a little messy, but I wouldn't have been able to do this in my wildest dreams before I found ASE, Thanks a million. :D

45. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

That's awesome, happy to know that ASE helped you get there. Future versions will definitely be more flexible, you should be able to achieve those effects without much hassle.

Thanks!

46. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

Why not using dithered alphaclip rather than linear alphaclip?

47. ethanwgross

ethanwgross

Fantastic! Thank you for the heads up on that.

48. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Node previews coming soon, stay tuned!

We encourage you to share your creations with the growing ASE community. In addition to this thread and our own Sample Page, we will feature the latest notable samples in the ASE Asset Store page.

Submit Content here!

49. Player7

Player7

I like it!

50. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

ooohhh sweeet!!!!