Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[-50% OFF SALE! - Save $600✅]Sky Master ULTIMATE: Sky, Ocean, Volume Clouds-lighting, Weather, RTGI

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Nov 17, 2014.

1. recon0303

recon0303

ya, 2.0 has always been an issue for many shaders and other things. sadly, if 2.0 wasn't a large user base we wouldn't bother with it.

2. nasos_333

nasos_333

I suppose there is extra incentive to persue SM2.0 and generally the top optimizations, since these would also give great result in desktop. For example the batched billboards are also ideal for LOD stages in trees, so besides beeing a natural fit for mobile would also benefit other ways.

I am sure the new method to pass the Y data for the new v2.0 system for SM2.0 will also open various other ways for desktop too, so i will fully persue it and try to have it for the first release as well.

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniCLOUD pics from the new demo (Sky Master next major version)

I am now working ona first demo of the system since it is now super fast and will post here soon and after polishing a bit more i will have a first pre-Beta available for testing out in various platforms.

The demo will use the full volume clouds with the full lighting model, volumetric light and shadows, light scattering and time of day integration, plus various image effects

docsavage likes this.
  4. Hitch42

Hitch42

Is it possible (now or in the future) to get a sparkling effect on the water, kind of like this?

Also, do you think there might be a future update that could add particles to the foam when viewed up close? Something to give some extra realism? I don't see this on any Unity water asset, so I'm wondering how feasible it is.

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Both the sparkle and particles on foam are things i want to do, i will pick these up after the new full volume clouds Beta is released and i have finished with the code refactoring for the next version. There is also much more i want to do with water, i have been working on a new shader with Sub surface scattering and FFT waves as well, plus i want to add more details in the local interaction mode (and ideally also tesselation for DX11 case)

The sparkle effect is currently possible using some image effects as well, i attach a few pics of the setup of blur (in DX11 mode) and bloom that can get a similar look, so could have a first impementation to use on the current water. The pics are directly from the demo scene, adding the blur and bloom.

docsavage likes this.
  6. nasos_333

nasos_333

Some more tweaks WIP for extra perfomance in bigger resolutions. The pic has all system active (volumetric shadows, clouds, real time ambient from sky, multiple image effects, dynamic TOD, sun based cutting edge dynamic cloud lighting-self shadowing-scattering etc)

docsavage likes this.
  7. nasos_333

nasos_333

Update on v3.4.8 WIP

- Fixed issue where maxnighttime variable was not applied to sun-moon change time (for non lat/lon system transitions)
    - Added maxnightangle for regulating sun-moon transition in sky shader in latitude/lngitude system
    - added support for in game instantiation of camera, in SeasonalTERRAINSKYMASTER and WaterHandlerSM scripts.
    - Changed tree materials grab to produce less GC allocation in SeasonalTerrainSKYMASTER script

I am also working on some Unity 5.5 specific issues, one of which has been resolved (flickering at game start with volume lighting) and will test and also include in v3.4.8

docsavage likes this.
  8. nasos_333

nasos_333

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on dual layered clouds scapes, this scene is using the v3.4 shader volume clouds and a version with the new v4.0 clouds is also in works.

The scene with the dual layer with v3.4 clouds will be available soon.

docsavage and Ryuichi173 like this.
  10. Halquigo

Halquigo

Hello!
    Thanks for your great works!

Especially, the gradual snow growth system, that you are working on at InfiniGRASS 2.0 is very promising to me.
    When is the due date to come out to the Asset store?
    I'm really looking forward to it.

nasos_333 likes this.
  11. docsavage

docsavage

Dual cloudscapes!!!! I may be wrong but don't remember seeing any asset offer that as part of one package.

This version of SM is looking very nice nasos:)

nasos_333 likes this.
  12. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS v2.0 pre-Beta is closing in, then after a period of refinement will move to the Beta (and with a store release of it probably after the closed Beta) and then the final will follow. I take a new step by step approach so i make sure everything is 100% perfect in user experience before the final store release, this will be true for all my next releases as well (Sky Master 4.0, InfiniLAND, InfiniBUILD etc)

The pre-Beta will be available to all current users.

The snow system is already in v1.x in the store, and can be used directly with Sky Master ULTIMATE snow weather for gradual snow build (or can be set directly in the material through scripting like in the demo).

13. nasos_333

nasos_333

It will also have two variants, one will be using the new v4.0 clouds for the top layer

14. docsavage

docsavage

That looks really nice. Another great addition.

nasos_333 likes this.
  15. Ryuichi173

Ryuichi173

Hi Nasos,

Oh, Did you finally find good way for rendering shader based cloud from both sides or make some trick for that?
    As long as I know, shader based sky disappear from view upon the high altitude or side.

By the way, yesterday I watched TV about Wild nature and noticed Thunder would never "animate" in real world.
    Their looks is bery busy but looks like following the pre-decided path.

Could you make option for stop thunderbolt's noise animation for producing such effect?

regards,
    Ryuichi.

16. nasos_333

nasos_333

I managed to get top down looking clouds with the current v3.4 cloud system, simply by rotating the planes properly and tweaking the material for that height individually, so a dual plane is possible (but no fly through)

I am working also on fly through for the full volume new clouds, i have managed it half way but needs more work to get there, though this will come as extra shader variant as will be heavier and the default will be the curent one from ground view (which may get extra modes though, e..g view from below or above etc)

About thunder, you mean animate like move its end-start point, or the transition from top to bottom ?

Ryuichi173 likes this.
  17. Ryuichi173

Ryuichi173

Excuse me, I don't know why, but my test scene had been broken. Thunder is animating like Waveform in my scene!:eek:
    I watched your showcase, and noticed thunder already animate nearly like what I expected...

edited:

It might be because too a lot of thunder would birth from single start point while around 2 sec for some reasons. Is there any solution for solve this problem?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  18. nasos_333

nasos_333

The thunder is dynamic and will fall towards the items tagged as Conductor in the scene.

The timing this happens depends on various factors in the original lighting script, which is attached to the "Shadr Volume Clouds" object -> Blob Shadow Projector -> LIGHTING EMITTERS -> Lighting Emitter object, the script name is ChainLighting_SKYMASTER.

In the latest v3.4 demo i have the lighting regulated so it stays just enough to be visible, this behavior is governed by the "Change target delay" and Random Delay variables, that dictate how often lighting strikes and "Affect_dist" that dictates how far the system will look for "Conductor" tagged items.

Also the Min_y_disp, Line_delay and Downward Speed and Stop Distance, affect the line formation in Y axis, stay time, speed of generation as line goes downwards and distance from Conductor that will stop accordingly. There is more info on each of the variables in the complete script reference as well.

Do you use the lighting in the new shader clouds or the one in the Volume Particle Clouds also ?

Ryuichi173 likes this.
  19. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP from the volume clouds & lighting of v4.0, combined with InfiniGRASS v2.0 system (also WIP)

Lex4art and Too-Nerd-To-Die like this.
  20. Ryuichi173

Ryuichi173

Thank you for replying!

Ah, what various factors there are, I see. And now I understand lightning are configure to visible at demo scene, too.

I'm test to using both of shader based and particle based cloud by separated scene to consider which cloud is suite for my usage. For do that, I copied some of params from demo scene. And there are only a few "Conductor" tagged objects in my scene, for now.

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

Note also that the lighting is enabled in the Heavy Storm weather by default, this is also adjustable (can be made to not appear in that weather for example in the volume shader clouds script)

Ryuichi173 likes this.
  22. Duffer123

Duffer123

@nasos_333 ,
    Long time since I've been on this forum. Hi!
    A while ago i was pushing for Playmaker/actions integration...
    Is that close now?

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

Full Volume clouds pre-Beta

Yes, this is a priority along the code refactoring and networking platforms considerations, plus project clean up to be lower in size.

The new clouds pre-Beta is also available for use for everyone interested.

docsavage likes this.
  24. Ryuichi173

Ryuichi173

Thanks for your advise!

This is just a thought, how about progress for next major release?
    I guess it take little bit more long time, because I'm hate to do code-refactoring.:D
    Especially, once it had been to the spaghetti-ed code, it would be nightmare...

regards,

25. Ryuichi173

Ryuichi173

Hi Nasos,

Today, I have a request about your assets in store.

Would you make alternative option to detect interactable objects without using tags, for example, make original class and script, and so on?
    Your assets, Skymaster, Pandora effects, InfiniGrass, etc. are using Unity's Tags to detect interactive object.
    As you know, only one tag by an object in Unity. Because of that, I cannot make objects can both flammable and Conductor. It is inconvenient when I try to make complicated interacted scene, for example wildfire caused by lightning.
    Furthermore, attach too much importance to using tags are easily cause of incompatibility for other assets.

regards,

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  26. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

One other approach could be registration of interactable objects in a controller script, so there would be direct references. I will look into this appoach as well for future versions, it is a good idea to have that option.

For the wild fire plus lighting, note that lighting is looking at the center of Conductor items, so you could add a dummy object parented and centered to the fire one and tag it as Conductor, to get both effects at same spot for example.

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

I attach a new version of the FAQs guide, i have created from various issues that come up frequently, so these should help clarify some major points for starting with the system and tweaking it.

Sky Master ULTIMATE FAQs (WIP)

Q: Is there a features summary for Sky Master ULTIMATE ?
    A:
    A guide (WIP) on Sky Master features is linked below:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/Sky Master/SKY MASTER 3/SM34/SKY MASTER ULTIMATE FEATURES.pdf

Q: Is there video tutorials to help with the system setup ?
    A:
    There is multiple video tutorials available to help with the setup, in the following playlist:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLJQvoQM6t9Ge2ehO4N1kNq3jvHmVst_el&v=P-CxUnh0VMc
    Also extra material for specific cases:
    Here is also some videos with steps for tweaking the volume fog, night sky and moon-sun light for night case

Haze tweaking image based guide:
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/s...-weather-fx-ocean.277618/page-18#post-2797793

Sky presets image based guide (Presets is one of the sky voloration options, v3.4 also has Gradient based coloration mode):
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/s...-weather-fx-ocean.277618/page-19#post-2819239

Reflections tweaking image based guide:
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/o...erformance-mobile.280612/page-21#post-2838959

Moon setup image based guide:
    http://i.imgur.com/DUL8InT.jpg

Q: How do i reduce the project size ?
    A:
    I have created a Clean Up guide for demo assets.
    Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 Clean Up GUIDE:

Can be removed:

In GI Proxy folder:
    - Crytek attrium folder
    - the sample terrain "radiocity" in folder root
    - the MATERIALS folder

In SkyMaster folder:

In Assets -> Version 1.0 folder:
    All trees and textures (in Materials->Trees)
    sounds Folder
    some of volume cloud texture sheets (keep "CLOUDS 3" and "CLOUDS 4b REAL 1") in "Materials -> Clouds"
    2 sample terrains (in "Meshes" folder)

Version 2.0 folder - sample terrain in "Terrain" folder

Version 2.2 folder - sample tree in "Materials -> Trees"

Version 3.0 folder - Whole (may want to keep UnderWater -> Caustic Textures for the caustics)

Version 3.3 river - sounds folder + sample terrain (in "River -> River Assets" folder)

All demo scenes in SkyMaster folder + whole of "SKYMASTERv2.0 DEMOS" folder

The 2 Manuals (Configurator guide and full script reference)

Waterplanes - remove all except "Plane127x127x127W0.01L0.01H" plane that is used for the water in default
    Note that the final builds only take the assets used in the game, so the final game build wont have any more space taken than needed.

Q: I get a black terrain or terrain with black spots
    A:
    1. make sure SeasonalTerrainSKYMASTER is active and is attached to the main terrain.
    2. Make sure the sky is active and GroundColor in SkyMasterManager is set as needed, since the systems grabs the ground color for ambience when the Auto ambient from sky mode is enabled.

Q: The System produces an error or has various strange issues with sky
    A:
    The system uses a camera tagged as "MainCamera" to do various tasks, thus make sure at least one camera in the scene is tagged as such.

Q: The Tags.cs file produces an error (when two ARTnGame assets are installed)
    A:
    The Tags.cs file(s) can be removed as they are not part of the core systems to solve
    the issue, this is due to using two of my assets that have the same (helper) file, which is mainly left for Unity4 tags setup.

Q: Is there a quick setup method (besides the step by step one)
    A:
    Yes, the Setup through one of the provided Prefabs. The system can be easilly setup by dragging a prefab and tweaking with the actual scene terrain, video guide link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLJQvoQM6t9Ge2ehO4N1kNq3jvHmVst_el&v=EveE2IcXGeI

Q: How do i Setup for VR
    A:
    The VR setup requires a few extra steps in order to control the volume fog and sun shafts on Left-Right cameras,
    as described in the video guide (also text in video description): https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLJQvoQM6t9Ge2ehO4N1kNq3jvHmVst_el&v=64gXCW0v_Ck

Q: How do i control the time via scripting ?
    A:
    The variable current_Time can be set (or grabbed) from SkyMasterManager script directly, it is advised to avoid changing time in mid game instantly or if it is needed to use the new Gradient based sky coloration mode, which can handle such transitions smootly (as it samples from a gradient than lerp at key points)

Q: How do i set the Weather in the game via scripting ?
    A:
    The weather in v3.x can be set using the currentWeatherName variable in SkyMasterManager script directly. It is advised to leave an interval between changing weather types so the system is able to properly lerp to its final values for each weather steady state.

Q: How do i setup the system for mobile.
    A:
    The mobile setup for SM2.0 (global compatibility) phones can be sampled in the mobile demo included in the asset. The main changes is the sky material, found in SkyMasterManager script, "skybox_mat" variable and is assigned in Unity Lighting settings skybox and the water is also using a SM2.0 material (uses SM2.0 shader), which is assigned in "WaterBaseSM", "PlanarReflectionsSM", "WaterHandlerSM" and (optionally) in "WaterHeightSM" scripts. Also the image effect volumetric fog (which is SM3.0) is not used and instead for distance fog a special SM2.0 shader is used on the distant mountains instead, that also emulates light scattering in the distance.

Q: How do i further optimized the mobile demo for even mor performance on mobile ?
    A:
    I have created a reference guide for all possible tweaks and gain over the default mobile demo, link: http://i.imgur.com/TRuHE5M.jpg

Q: Some sliders in editor do not seem to change settings (outside play mode, e.g. water sliders)
    A:
    Make sure the latest version of Sky Master ULTIMATE is used (v3.4.7), there are some reports in rare cases where Unity will serve and older version (for unknown reason, possibly a bug in the store), so make sure the latest version is grabbed (i can send v3.4.7 in Google Drive download if an older version is served instead by Unity store)

Q: How do i remove the volumetric particle clouds (after having them setup with pressing one of the icons)
    A:
    The clouds are referenced in SkyMasterManager script, in "Heavy Storm vlume clouds" and "Day clear volume clouds" variables, remove the references (set to none) to avoid instantiating the volume particle cloud systems. Setting these variables is also the way to use custom volume particle prefabs (outside the ones defined with the icons)

Q: How do i control the anbient lighting in the scene ?
    A:
    Ambient lighting has two modes, one is the automatic caclulation by the sky colors which is activated using the "Update Ambient from Sky" option and its intensity is controlled by "Ambient intensity" slider. Make sure to also use "Ground color" variable in SkyMasterManager to define the ground color of skybox, which will affect the underside ambience of objects.

When this automated mode is not used, the user can set the ambient mode in Unity Lighting settings panel, to be either "Color" or "Gradient" in "Ambient source" list. The color is then defined for each season in SkyMasterManager color variables named as "Day_Ambient_Color", "Dusk_Ambient_Color", "Night_Ambient_Color" and "Dawn_Ambient_Color" near the script end.

Q: I still get a light component from the sun at night, can the sun be turned off completly ?
    A:
    The sun default night intensity is defined in SkyMasterManager script, in "Min_sun_intensity" variable and defaults to 0.1f. Set this to zero to get zero sun light intensity at night time.

Q: Can the horizon be adjusted ?
    A:
    The two variables in SkyMastermanager named "Horizon_adj" and "HorizonY" can be used to adjust the sky horizon lower or higher.

Q: Is there a way to change the speed of the stars? (changing the sun speed does't stop star movement)
    A:
    The stars of the galaxy is an image and a shader to enchance it. The rotation of galaxy and stars is done with the "Cirle_around_particles" script attached to the star particle, that rotates around a pivot object with a defined speed. If the Latitude/Longiture system is used the particle stars and galaxy are parented to the moon system and will rotate along with it. This can also be done manually when the simple sun rotation (default) is used as well, by parenting the "0 STAR PARTICLES" object in "SKY MASTER MANAGER" object to the "Sun System" object and will rotate with it
    (make sure to uncheck the Rotate_around_particles script in the STARS object)

Q: Is there any performance hints guide ?
    A:
    A quick guide for main performance tweaks is attached:
    The main performance enchancement possibilities are in the below (for some apply when they are enabled):
    - the volumetric light ("Atmopsheric ScatteringSky Master" script - optional system), in Occlusion Downscale and samples
    - in configurator, the "Update Ambient from sky" (optional use for ambient using the sky colors) and its update regulation in "Update Ambient light every specified seconds", that make sure the update takes less
    - in configurator the "Sky shader update per defined seconds" variable that updates the sky shader in intervals (for slow sun speed can set higher for less updates per second)
    - in water system the reflections (define layers to be reflected for better performance and there is also a downscale factor in the "PlanarReflectionsSM" script
    - The volume shader clouds (SHADER VOLUME CLOUDS object) has the cloud layers, which can be removed as needed to get better performance (e.g. disable a few layers to use less processing power) or disable the Clouds (108) layer that casts the shadows.
    - The various image effects can be heavy, especially the blur one, so using less can improve performance.
    - in volume particle clouds (Volume Clouds SM script) the script update rate can be regulated with "Max_divider" and "Update interval" variables, for better performance in the calculations.
    - For night time, set in SkyMasterManager script, the "Min_sun_intensity" variable to zero to get no sun light component in lighting.

Q: Is there a demo for Android ?
    A:
    The Android demo is linked below
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QCdE1dswQBWEJoQ1Y3TTQwQUU/view?usp=sharing

Q: Is the dynamic snow shader available for SpeedTree trees as well, besides the included shaders for Unity terrain, trees & meshes ?
    A:
    Yes, the shader is not included in the asset due to licensing, and can be downloaded below
    New version of the Dynamic Snow shader for SpeedTree (Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QCdE1dswQBR0kyTnZhM0JzVlk/view?usp=sharing

Q: What tags are required for the system and how to define properly ?
    A:
    The tags needed depend on what sub systems will be used, some demos require the "Flammable" and "Flamer" tags since the advanced particle propagation system requires them. The dynamic lighting system requires the "Conductor" tag to be defined in order to find the lighting targets. Make sure to define the tags in editor time, as tags that only appear in play mode (happens in some cases when were used in the scene in another project) may create an issue with the systems, so is advised to create the tags manually before entering play mode in Layers menu (edit layers option, Tags list).

Q: Shadows from the new v3.4 shader volume clouds are too dark, can this be adjusted ?
    A:
    The shadows opacity depend on Ambient lighting intensity and also on the shadow strength in the Sun light. To regulate the Sun shadow strength, use the "Strength" slider in "Shadow Type" in the Light component found in "SKY MASTER MANAGER" -> "Sun System" -> "Sun" Object in the hierarchy.

Q: Can the Shadows from the new v3.4 shader volume clouds be disabled ?
    A:
    Yes, the shadows are cast from one of the cloud layers that is set as shadow caster (e.g.the quad named "Clouds (108)" in the sample clouds). This object can be disabled to remove the shadow casting (found in SHADER VOLUME CLOUDS Object, parented in each of the clouds types holder objects)

Q: The new v3.4 volume shader clouds seem to rotate with the camera, can this be disabled ?
    A:
    Yes, this is a special mode where the cloud quads can have a rotation from the horizontal plane to emulate more thickness or vericality in the horizon). In SHADER VOLUME CLOUDS Object, "CloudHanlderSM" script the "RotateWithCamera" and "RotateMultiQuadC" checkboxes can enable - disable the effect. Make sure to also set the rotation of the cloud types to zero in order to level the clouds for all camera angles. This may also require to adjust the "Offset Sun Intensity", "Offset Shadow Difference" sliders in the Configurator, in order to adjust the lighting for the new rotation.

Q: When in Unity 5.5 version, there is no shadows in the volume shader clouds in the main demo (or appear only in certain sun angles)
    A:
    It seems shadowing has changed a lot in Unity 5.5 and now the shadows from the quad plane that casts the shadows (e.g. "Cloud (108)" object in the first cloud type) are affected by the sun direction is strange (buggy) ways, this is probably a bug from Unity side and hopefully will be fixed in one of the upcoming versions. This issue is not happening in Unity 5.3.2f1. The issue is happening with any object of larger scale as well, so is not Sky Master specific and is due to the new (buggy) version of Unity 5.5 shadows system. The specific version i test on is 5.5.0f3 of Unity.

Q: In Unity 5.5 when volume lighting is used the light may flicker at game start for a split second.
    A:
    The issue can be addressed by adding an extra intitialization for Unity 5.5 cace, as described in the spoiler below
    I have found the fix for the game start flicker, it seems the image effect in Unity 5.5 requires an extra initialization in Start()

In AtmosphericScatteringSkyMaster.cs script, add a new Start() function as:
    Code (csharp):
    2. void Start(){
    3.   OnWillRenderObject();
    4. }
    and in OnWillRenderObject() function, below the line "m_currentCamera = Camera.current;" add a check to avoid errors produced when the camera is not defined
    Code (csharp):
    2. if(m_currentCamera == null){
    3.    return;
    4. }
    These changes initialize the OnWillRenderObject(); at game start and removes the initial flicker.

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

In celebration of 100 reviews for Sky Master ULTIMATE !!!
    (plus 50 written reviews, 44 of which are 5 star ones !!)

I will post various vouchers i have left here for the duration of the month, starting with the following

ASV-YDDA-3TDG-AVQ7-L7DW-HLWK Mystery Rings Icons Pack
    ASV-X7QW-M37J-NDYC-C34T-3A7N Mystery Rings Icons Pack
    ASV-3PDG-DE9V-6FE9-NWLD-TPG6 Mystery Rings Icons Pack

ASV-TVQF-4D4Y-E4PP-9KY9-7HGH Toon Effects Maker: Special FX

Enjoy :)

29. Ryuichi173

Ryuichi173

Hi,

You've come so far! congratulations!:)
    I'm always looking forward to your assets!;)

cheers,

nasos_333 likes this.
  30. nasos_333

nasos_333

I hope i can deliver even more spectacular things as well in future with Sky Master v4.0 and InfiniGRASS v2.0, which are both in a very advanced state.

I repost also the two latest InfiniGRASS and Sky Master InfiniCLOUD demos, for everyone that may have missed them

InfiniGRASS v2.0 with Sky Master v4.0 first version of Full volume clouds (InfiniCLOUD) demo:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QCdE1dswQBZG82SEFNeHdfaHM/view?usp=sharing

InfiniCLOUD latest demo (Sky Master v4.0) with cloud tweaking controls:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QCdE1dswQBc3BDYzBRMkxHNG8/view?usp=sharing

docsavage and Too-Nerd-To-Die like this.
  31. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on the v4.0 clouds (along with a new feature in InfiniGRASS v2.0)

I have solved a few issues with displacement when the camera was moving fast and now working on the reflections and some tweaks on cloud depth cutoff.

Mazak, docsavage and Too-Nerd-To-Die like this.
  32. nasos_333

nasos_333

In celebration of 100 reviews for Sky Master ULTIMATE !!!
    (plus 50 written reviews, 44 of which are 5 star ones !!)

I will post various vouchers i have left here for the duration of the month, more to come later

ASV-C9MA-M49L-WNL7-7R6G-66GM Mystery Rings Icons Pack
    ASV-VJGG-VDK4-DTK6-ARTY-R6FX Mystery Rings Icons Pack
    ASV-VTVC-GHUQ-9AQY-NFAK-QEHX Toon Effects Maker: Special FX Creation

Too-Nerd-To-Die likes this.
  33. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on the v4.0 clouds (along with a new feature in InfiniGRASS v2.0)

docsavage likes this.
  34. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on new full volumetric clouds for Sky Master v4.0

docsavage likes this.
  35. Duffer123

Duffer123

Really nice.

docsavage and nasos_333 like this.
  36. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have also tested with my refraction - glass shader (and new version of it for Sky Master v3.5) and works great as well with transparencies and particles

docsavage likes this.
  37. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on new full volumetric clouds for Sky Master v4.0 and combination with InfiniGRASS v2.0

docsavage likes this.
  38. ForgedChaos

ForgedChaos

Do you offer any network settings with Skymaster? It seems like a promising solution to many things ... unless you're building a multi-player game. :)

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

The basics like time and weather are settable variables direclty in Sky Master Manager script, so can be directly accessed to regulate for other users,though passing the time and weather info from server to client for example is not streamlined yet and it is needed to read it from SkyMaster and send to client and then set it there.

I plan to integrate more with network platforms, the main issue with this is that there is much diversity to choose from and cover, so will take some time to cover everything on that front, it is 100% in the plans for next version though, alongside the major code restructuring that is the other focus.

40. nasos_333

nasos_333

docsavage likes this.
  41. docsavage

docsavage

If I hadn't already bought them I'd snatch this offer up. Really great bit of kit these. The current versions are great but Skymaster 4 and infigrass 2 are both looking fantastic. They deserve to do well:)

nasos_333 likes this.
  42. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE is on -45% sale !!! ($49 vs $90 original price), for a limited time.

v_James_v likes this.
  43. v_James_v

v_James_v

Awesome!

nasos_333 likes this.
  44. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks :). I am working on a new demo for the new cloud system, which will be near the final version and will post it soon as well.

The previous demo is linked below for reference (missing the above shown under lighting in evening time and various optional bluring methods - one for self blur and one for use when Unity blur filter is in use in the game etc)

InfiniCLOUD demo
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QCdE1dswQBc3BDYzBRMkxHNG8/view?usp=sharing

Sky Master ULTIMATE is on -45% sale !!! ($49 vs $90 original price), for a limited time.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    v_James_v likes this.
  45. v_James_v

v_James_v

Excellent! I will pick up a copy when I get home tonight. I'm working on a flight sim and I think your weather system will fit just nicely! :)

nasos_333 likes this.
  46. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Note that this first version of the new volumetric clouds will be for view from ground mainly (not fly through). I have already started on the version with fly through and is planned for the version soon after the initial release (though i cannot guarantee such a version until i have actually finilized it and i am 100% happy with it)

The effect is done as image effect on camera (like volume fog) so it should be possible to do fly through, i have already made possible to fly through the volume and see the clouds from above, the only issue remaining is lighting when you are above is not 100% correct yet and when you are near the cloud center in Y axis the clouds get thinner until this distance is increased on the other side (upwards of the center), this is due to the method the volume is calculated, so i am possitive i can get it working in this near cloud center region as well to complete the fly through effect. I will post a video with the WIP on this later for reference.

The current volume particle clouds system is supporting fly through, like in this demo:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/Sky Master/SKY MASTER 3/PLANE DEMO 1.html

This type of volume clouds also supports an endless fall through clouds mode and are possible to manipulate with forces (with the included forces and turbulence module) for various effects.

v_James_v likes this.
  47. v_James_v

v_James_v

Ok cool, your current cloud system looks great. It will be a few months before my game is near completion anyway, so I look forward to following the development of your new cloud system. I'll still grab a copy of SM while it is on sale. I'm keen to have a play around with it :D

48. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great :), let me know for any questions on the system. I will probably have the first new cloud version as well later next week (most of the things needed are nearly done and is also very fast).

Using both systems together is also possible to have a between two cloud layers case (using the new clouds on top and current ones under as in the 1st video below, or two layers of the current ones like in the 2ond video)

v_James_v likes this.
  49. v_James_v

v_James_v

Nice! I just bought SM, now I will spend the weekend playing around with it :) Thanks

nasos_333 likes this.
  50. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks for buying the system :)

If you are using Untiy 5.5+ i can also guide to a small fix in the cloud shadows plane scaling, since Unity 5.6 has created some issues with shadowing of bigger objects, thus the clouds layer has to be scaled down to look proper (like in Unity 5.3.2f1 which i use for submission and demos).

Also i have a FAQs section in first post in first page of this thread, for reference on the various issues that have come up that needed extra clarification.

Here is also a quick setup guide video, for starting fast in a new scene using the provided prefabs

v_James_v likes this.