Search Unity

Graphics [HDRP-UPR ✅] Sky Master ULTIMATE-Physical skybox-Volume clouds-Weather FX-Ocean-Realtime GI-Mobile

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by nasos_333, Nov 1, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Stroll through woods prototype made for my RPG game with InfiniGRASS (http://u3d.as/jiM), InfiniTREE (http://u3d.as/aUU) and Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 (http://u3d.as/agN). It is easy to rearrange this first edition with the brush tools and i am now working on automated reshaping of trees and barks for infinite variety with a single model in trees. Then the trees can be readilly updated with the new features in place (with the regrow functionality).

The trees and grass are fully compatible with Sky Master ULTIMATE volumetric fog.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
    Lohrion likes this.
  2. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 has been tested on the latest Unity version (v5.3) and the v3.0 demos are working great. I will do some extra tests to make 100% sure every single thing works ok, since the system has a huge amount of features and I will post about the process.

The next update will release on Unity 5.3, since it is very stable and streamlined to do the transition.

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

I had one report for an issue with the volume cloud shaders when building the asset for PC.
    I was not able to reproduce the issue on my side (the demos are built with the same shaders for example), but since there are problems that appear in certain situations that are hard to pinpoint, i have now reduced the two volume cloud shaders register usage by one and added a new shader version that reduces the registers by two as an extra alternative as well.

So if there is a build error like the below, i can send a hotfix immediately on request. The shaders will also be updated along with the v3.1 of the asset.

Errors reported when building the project:
    Shader error in 'SkyMaster/ScatterShadedCloudMOTION': Too many output registers declared (12).(on d3d9)
    Shader error in 'SkyMaster/ScatterShadedCloudMOTION Soft': Too many output registers declared (12).(on d3d9)
    Shader error in 'SkyMaster/ScatterShadedCloudMOTION Soft': Invalid register number: 10. Max allowed for v# register is 9.(on d3d9)

Lohrion likes this.
  4. patrickg

patrickg

Hello, loving SM so far. Question: I see there's this "Use ORK" button, but I don't know how to connect the two. When I turn it on, my SM scene gets screwy (looks like its trying to show a night scene but the lighting is wrong). How do I best get my day/time to sync up?

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

The ORK support is a bit tricky, as it requires activation in code (i have the code commented out and must be activated only when ORK is available, otherwise would produce an error as ORK libraries would not be found) before it can function and also was a Unity 4 feature back when ORK was at a specific older version (i transfered the code directly from my RPG game that also uses ORK), so it may require some extra changes to function as well with the latest ORK version (but the general idea should be the same or changes may not be required).

I can look at it and provide an altered SkyMasterManager version to function with ORK directly (so it can be compatible with the latest version), which mainly sets an ORK global variable and synch the time between maps, so you may enter the next map with the same time.

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi Patrick,

I created a version for the latest ORK and i can send a hotfix right away, please let me know the invoice in a PM and will send the link asap. I will also include this as a .unitypackage for direct access by ORK users in next update of the pack.

7. patrickg

patrickg

That's terrific! Thank you so much. PM sent!

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi Patrick,

I sent the PM with the ORK support, let me know if any changes/extra features are required over this implementation

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

A few of the updates for v3.1

- ORK Framework support, with transfer of time of day between maps
    - Freefall mode through the clouds, with automatic renew to make for an endless falling feeling
    - Fix of shader clouds rotation when wind has a vertical component
    - Further volume cloud shader optimization to use less registers, for even better compatibility and performance
    - Control of dawn length with a new dawn speed factor, for smoother transition between night and day, with adaptation of volume cloud lighting to the effect.
    - New performance ortiented Atoll demo version, that will help with a reference setup when targeting lower end system.

Also a note unrelated to Sky Master, it is in general advised not to use the new Unity v5.3 as there are a very big number of performance issues reported. This update will be submitted when the version after v5.3 is released.

10. nasos_333

nasos_333

Early WIP for wind modulated volumetric fog

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  11. nasos_333

nasos_333

More pics of the modulated fog

12. twobob

twobob

Some fun with clouds

nasos_333 likes this.
  13. nasos_333

nasos_333

Very nice style, is this using the cloud dome ?

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS and Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 - Gradual dynamic moss growth for seasonal effects.

The moss texture is applied procedurally to the bark and wall and can be adjusted per season or be removed completely in play mode. Also there are direction controls (shown in the video near the end). The dynamic 3D moss is applied through the new brush in v1.5 of InfiniGRASS.

A lot more nature detailing work is also in progress, with vertex color blending to the ground, wetness on grass using Sky Master shader and various other details for more variety.

When possible, please remember to leave a review to help with the development, every review counts and helps a lot in working faster on the new features.

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Lots of new features are in the works for the next Sky Master ULTIMATE version(s), including wind modulation of volume fog, full volume haze for sun rays when the sun is not in view, dynamic moss growth on surfaces - trees, wetness shading for grass / foliage, full volumetric clouds (under evaluation, for stronger target systems), FFT waves for the ocean, free fall mode for the clouds and much more

The next version 3.1 will pack as many of these as possible and a few tweak parameters for the day cycle. The rest will be the WIP for v3.2 and forth.

Holiday Offer - win ARTnGame assets with Sky Master ULTIMATE purshase, more info:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/bi...finitree-advanced-fx-creator-gi-proxy.375450/

Lohrion likes this.
  16. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

I have now managed to stabilize the volume cloud particle rotation for all cases (it had some rotation when going from high up towards the ground for example at certain steep angles) and this will come in v3.1 update.

Also i have perfected the freefall mode, so particles will smoothly dissapear at a certain height far above the player for a very nice transition. A demo of a freefall in clouds will also be released soon.

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

I have come across an issue in v5.3 Webplayer demo build / creation, the shaders give an error that require less registers, this was also a reported issue before for another case, so i have created a hotfix ready to download if the issue exists for the target platform used.

The cloud shader hotfix is available to all Sky Master ULTIMATE users on PM request and the refined shaders will be included in v3.1 of the pack as well.

18. nasos_333

nasos_333

Performance demo:

Freefall mode:

UPDATE:

Sky Master v3.1 will be submitted to the store soon, it includes some fixes and new features

Tweaks and fixes:
    - Fixed issue with some cases where the cloud shader gave a too many registers error when building the project
    - Tweaked the night to day timing and added options to control the transition time and star disapearence, also volume cloud lighting was synched to use the new paramaters
    - Fixed issue where vertical wind would rotate the cloud dome, now only the X-Z parts are considered for cloud dome rotation
    - Fixed issue where stabilized particle clouds owuld still rotate at very steep angles when the roll is happening through the Y axis than the Z axis (when using the camera look script for example)

New features and scenes:
    - Added a Freefall mode for volumetric clouds, where the clouds can renew vertically to give a feeling of endless clouds. There is also a smooth out effect when fading to the sky above.
    - Added Freefall demo scene
    - Added new Performance scene to showcase how to get the max performance in Atoll demo for lower end PCs (just 2ms for everything in sunny mode and 3ms with lightning and local lights on clouds and water).

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.1 - Freefall in volumetric clouds mode demo
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/Sky Master/SKY MASTER 3/SKY MASTER 30 FREEFALL.html

Use spacebar to freely rotate the camera, this demo showcases the Freefall mode and also has the new full stabilized particles that wont roll when looking steep down or up.

The cloud shader hotfix for the registers issue is also available on PM request immediately.

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.1 is now ready, the pack will be submitted to the store and will be up next week.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  20. nasos_333

nasos_333

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE clouds and volumetric haze. Volumetric clouds have a soft particle factor and may be used as mist for various ground formation (like round planets top part etc)

22. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

A note on v5.3 of Unity, the new Unity version has introduced a number of warnings in some of the optional Advanced Effects of Sky master (like the Turbulence script). These warnings will be handled soon so they dont appear in later versions.

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.1 is now available for direct download in Google Drive on PM request for all current Sky Master users.

The system is on discount until the year end.

Last day of the big offer - Win Free packs with new Sky Master ULTIMATE purshase until the end of the year: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/wi...r-toonfx-maker-particle-dynamic-magic.375450/

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

A new system for seasonal foliage growth is now in the works that will use InfiniGRASS and will be controlled through Sky Master, this system will allow the smooth transition of next gen looking crops between various seasonal states and effects (snow coverage will also apply with the current system as normal).

24. nasos_333

nasos_333

A question for the seasonal effect handling, to gauge how i should go about the usuability of the tool

Would it be best to have the seasonal textures in a spritesheet or use two separate textures in the shader (for smooth transition) and swap the rest using the control script ?

The seasonal effect target is to have it use near zero overhead and use InfiniGRASS for ultimate speed and next generation looks and shadows. The effect will be mostly done in shader (like the new in v1.5 temporal interaction, gravity and burn effects).

Final day of the Sky Master ULTIMATE discount !!! Make sure to grab the asset at the current lower price.

Win Free packs with new Sky Master ULTIMATE purshase while vouchers last: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/wi...r-toonfx-maker-particle-dynamic-magic.375450/

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Another feature has been added for v3.x cycle. A full volumetric solution is in the works, that will play in both DX9 and DX11 and will be an additional option for higher end systems and DX11 systems (will benefit from DX11 also, but will play in DX9 as well)

The current volumetric particle clouds will remain the default since they will be the fastest option and the full volumetrics will be enabled with an optional toggle in the Inspector on demand.

After the FFT waves and full volumetric clouds the pack price will be raised to $150 and there will be a new lower version with the current price. Thus all current users will benefit from the complete edition and new features !!!

Please remember to add a review for the system to help with the development of the bonus features.

26. IanStanbridge

IanStanbridge

Hi nasos

Sound like some great additions to the volumetric clouds. Regarding the seasons I would have through that having separate textures for the different seasons would probably be the easiest way of doing it.

Thanks,

Ian

nasos_333 likes this.
  27. dradb

dradb

nasos_333 likes this.
  28. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks for the input Ian, i will probably have a dual mode for this to cover all cases.

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have many requests for mobile, so i have been working on a version of the ocean for that purpose and i have managed to get the base wave effects going with SM2.0, so i will be testing on my Android soon to gauge performance.

If you have Sky Master ULTIMATE, i can send this shader version when i have tested it for evaluation.

Note also that Sky Master ULTIMATE can apply physically based rendered sky directly in Unity 5 skybox on mobile.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  30. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The new mobile water shader now has the base waves, wave height calculation, specular, foam, transparency and overlay texture options and runs very fast on mobile as it is mostly done in GPU. Also local wave disturbance from the player.

This will be the base version and i will try to add more features on GPU if possible.

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.1 has been submitted at the Unity Asset Store and is under review.

I will post a complete list of the new features and fixes soon

32. nasos_333

nasos_333

New videos from Atoll and Airplane demos from v3.1 (fully stabilized volume clouds on X-Z and Y oriented rolls)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  33. nasos_333

nasos_333

Some pics from the new demo scene for GI Proxy system for Unity 5 (used in combination with the Unity 5 image effects).

GI proxy can be used for dynamic lights and has no baking time or any other requirement and is super fast, especially in deffered mode.

Also can be used for moving point and spot lights, even when Unity 5 GI is used, for very performant dynamic local light GI. Another perk of the system is that the bounce lights can be derived from any other system, so there is out of the box support for Jove area lights as bounce lights and more systems can be adapted to it.

The new demo will be included in v3.2 of the asset.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  34. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

I came up with another idea about the GI Proxy next versions, since the system can be applied to the same light any number of times (create bounces from more than one scripts), it is possible to use a layered way to apply lights, for best performance and special FX.

For example a scene may need many bounce lights to light the bigger and less in number structures and fewer lights to light an extreme detailed item like grass. This can theoretically be split in a two system solution, where each would light certain layers, for example one would light the grass with fewer more centrally placed lights (bigger offset from ground and bigger radius / intensity) for best performance and use another system to apply the more detailed bounces for all other items.

This arrangement is already possible, but would be great to have a system for automatic setup of such arrangements as well, i will be looking into it for the v3.2 of Sky Master ULTIMATE

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The new Unity 5 version of GI Proxy demo is now almost ready and will be released soon.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  36. nasos_333

nasos_333

Use of volume clouds in v3.1, with high fade factor

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

With (2ond pic) and without (1st pic) GI Proxy

New Unity 5 demo for GI Proxy - Fully real time Global Illumination with fast performance and global compatibility, zero baking and zero need to use extra shaders or image effects.

NOTE:
    I just noticed that i have done a mistake in the Attrium demo in GI Proxy folder, the target the GI has as player is parented to the light (i did it to organize things), and the light is turned when the Rotate sun sliders are used, which means the target may go outside the Attrium when should normally be stationary in this demo.

So if the GI is giving too few lights after a sun rotation with the sliders, this is the issue, the fix is to move the referenced player (in "HERO" parameter) to the scene root so it wont be rotated along with the sun light.

NEW OFFER for 2016 start !!!

Buy and review Sky Master ULTIMATE and receive free vouchers for InfiniTREE ($80), Advanced FX Creator ($100), Particle Dynamic Magic ($90) and Toon Effects Maker ($50).

1. Buy and review Sky Master ULTIMATE
    2. Post the reviewer name here and PM me the invoice
    3. Select one of the above packs, while vouchers last
    4. Receieve the free voucher immediately

First come, first served, so the first entry can choose any of the packs etc

38. nasos_333

nasos_333

Performance demo in v3.1:

Freefall mode:

UPDATE:

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.1 is up at the Unity Asset Store !!!

Tweaks and fixes:
    - Fixed issue with some cases where the cloud shader gave a "too many registers" error when building the project
    - Tweaked the night to day timing and added options to control the transition time and star disapearence, also volume cloud lighting was synched to use the new paramaters
    - Fixed issue where vertical wind would rotate the cloud dome, now only the X-Z parts are considered for cloud dome rotation
    - Fixed issue where stabilized particle clouds would still rotate at very steep angles when the roll is happening through the Y axis than the Z axis (when using the camera look script for example). The full stabilization can be used for perfectly stable volumes, using orientation agnostic particles (out of view particles may receieve permanent rotations, so the system is best when used with round style texture like the default clouds)
    - Converted the advanced particle systems (turbulence etc) for Unity 5.3 new particle system
    - Added fix for certain placements in the latitude/longitude system
    - Added support for ORK Framework latest version

New features and scenes:
    - Added a Freefall mode for volumetric clouds, where the clouds can renew vertically to give a feeling of endless clouds. There is also a smooth out effect when fading to the sky above.
    - Added Freefall demo scene
    - Added new Performance scene to showcase how to get the max performance in Atoll demo for lower end PCs (just 2ms for everything in sunny mode and 3ms with lightning and local lights on clouds and water, tested on my old PC).

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.1 - Freefall in volumetric clouds mode demo
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/Sky Master/SKY MASTER 3/SKY MASTER 30 FREEFALL.html

Use spacebar to freely rotate the camera, this demo showcases the Freefall mode and also has the new full stabilized particles that wont roll when looking steep down or up and rotate the camera.

Lohrion likes this.
  39. nasos_333

nasos_333

Small guide on how to setup a new sky rendering preset in code.

The procedure is to copy one of the existing presets (e.g. the code in "if (Preset ==11){" section) and change the parameters ("F exposure" to "Tint color"), plus give a new number to the preset (e.g. 12 instead of ==11). To see which parameters much be used, disable the automatic day cycle in SkyMasterManager and play with the sky rendering parameters group to get the desired effect in play mode, then use these parameters in the correct time of day section.

The sample shows how to change night time coloration for blue nights. After defined in code, the preset can be enabled by changing the Preset variable in the SkyMasterManager script to the specific new number.

In the next Sky Master versions there will be an optional system to define presets in a structure that will hold all the variables, for easier handling and no need to copy code. The same system will also be extended for the volumetric fog presets (though the code solution will remain the default, as it is the most versatile solution and offers complete customization if needed).

The bottom left pics show more possibilities using the volumetric fog control, for extra coloration on the sky. The pics to the right show a few of the settings to get the blue sky result at night in various flavors.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  40. nasos_333

nasos_333

Playing with the volumetric fog and various modes in v3.1 of Sky Master ULTIMATE.

Sky Master ULTIMATE is on -20% sale ($70, normal price $90)

Enjoy :)

Make sure to review the pack and win free vouchers for ARTnGame packs (info)​

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  41. patrickg

patrickg

I reimported the new SkyMaster after removing the old components first (duh) and now objects aren't highlighted in white anymore.

However, I can't see any sky effects. It's all black. There's light on the ground, and GI looks like its working, but the MainCamera sees no sky. This is a fresh GameObject and SkyMaster assignment, with all Terrain and Sky setup.

I've tried changing the Far clipping plane to 50k, and the Depth to -1 and 1. I have a Bloom effect that, when turned on, blinds the screen in white. I'm not sure what's wrong.

42. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi Patrick,

I have never come across this issue, this is very strange and i cannot say why it happens. You can add me on Skype ("artengames" name) and i can see your scene and debug it. Or talk in facebook and try to solve it.

Were you using v3.0 before installing v3.1 ?

Note that the changes from v3.0 to v3.1 were not major in general, i did not change the sky shading or any shaders for the sky etc so the transition should not create such issues normally if you had v3.0 installed before, that is why it is hard to guess why such an issue appears in the new v3.1.

About the sky, the system will assign a material to the skybox to render the sun and sky (named "Skybox-Procedural_SkyMaster Unity5 v3" by default) in lighting options, you can as first step check that this material has been properly assigned and that Sky Master does not conflict with some other asset.

The other thing that covers the sky is the new shader based cloud domes, so if this shader has an issue it may cover the sky (though not very likely as a broken shader usually gives pink), so you as a second step disable the L1-L2 shader based clouds in the system and see if it is fixed (SKYMASTERMANAGER object -> DOME CLOUDS L1(Clone) & DOME CLOUDS L2(Clone) objects.

As a final step you can disable all image effects as they can affect the sky as well and see if it fixes it. Also if you have added the "DROPLETS(Clone)" plane to the camera for the rain effects, you may erase it to see if this may be the cause, as it also may affect the whole screen.

I tried reinstalling the latest version on a clean installation from my side and everything works ok, so i will need some extra information to debug it.

Also do the demos work ok, or when entering the SkyMaster and adding sky in a new scene ? And which Unity version is used ?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  43. patrickg

patrickg

I checked the demos on your suggestion and they all worked just fine, so I did some more testing with the camera. Turns out I overlooked a secondary Map Camera, which had a lower clipping plane than the MainCamera, causing the sky to be blacked out. :rolleyes: Thanks for the speedy response.

Just noticing now the updates to ORK integration, as well. Thanks again. :)

44. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great :), let me know if anything else comes up.

45. nasos_333

nasos_333

Epic moments with Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.1, new demos WIP for v3.2

NEW OFFER for 2016 !!!

Review Sky Master ULTIMATE and receive free vouchers for InfiniTREE, Advanced FX Creator, Particle Dynamic Magic and Toon Effects Maker.

1. Add a new review and score for Sky Master ULTIMATE
    2. Post the reviewer name here and PM me the invoice
    3. Select one of the above packs, while vouchers last
    4. Receive the free voucher immediately

First come, first served, so the first entry can choose any of the packs etc

46. nasos_333

nasos_333

New feature for v3.2 - Volumetric clouds shaping for specifying cloud formations at will with a simple boxes system.

The system is working fine and will be in the next update.

If you like the pack, please remember to leave a review to help with the development of the new features.

Also win free packs with every new review (while vouchers last): http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/re...treme-performance.280612/page-13#post-2475378

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  47. nasos_333

nasos_333

Mobile water is getting closer to the final look, i still have some issues with refraction (grabpass seems to not be working on Android) and i may not have refraction in the first version (i will add it with a camera and rendertexture later, to circumvent the Unity bug, but is slower and i would rather do everything in shader if possible)

The effect is done purely in shader (besides the reflection rendertexture that is using a reflection camera), so wont take away much from the CPU.

The mobile water features so far:

- Reflection (with layer mask to limit to specific objects for optimal control)
    - Foam
    - Waves
    - Transparency
    - Depth blend - control
    - Specular
    - Frasnel control
    - Local waves - interaction around the player
    - Optional texture (e.g. wind walker like in the pic above) for toon water
    - Shader Model 2.0

To do (for v3.2 or beyond):
    - Refraction (already done with grabpass, but grabpass seems to not be working on Android, so will probably need another approach)
    - Local lights
    - FFT waves option (this feature will also apply to the default Desktop water)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  48. gecko

gecko

Hi,
    Trying to get up to speed, but running into some problems:

1) I set up SkyMaster in a new scene, with a MapCenter object -- but the spheres are not centered on that object, so the skydome is way too close to the terrain.

2) The ATOLL DEMO scene has performance problems on my MacBook Pro (2013, GeForce GT 750M). The FPS readout in the stats panel is around 30 but actual FPS -- in both the game view and the editor -- is more like 1, making the scene unusable even to fuss with. Any suggestions on what settings to tweak to improve that?

3) So then I switched to your the max performance version of the Atoll scene, which runs great, but I have am having a few problems:

3a) The shader-based clouds are quite nice and move at appropriate speed based on wind speed. But the volumetric clouds move MUCH more slowly. Why don't they move at the same speed?

3b) I really need the volumetric clouds to be large and high in the sky, since that is far more typical than small low-lying clouds. But I just can't get that to occur. I've set the Cloud bed height to 2000, and if I keep the cloud and cloud particle size small, then the clouds are up at that level. But if I increase those sizes, to create more realistic large clouds, then the clouds extend down to the terrain again. See screenshot. It seems that "cloud bed height" sets the "average cloud height," rather than the bed height (as I interpret that word--as the lowest point of the clouds). How can I get the effect I want?

And a few other questions:
    4) How do I set the time-of-day speed? I see that in the GUI in your sample scenes, but not on SkyMaster inspector.

5) The weather events are pretty nifty--and in fact, have the kinds of clouds that are closer to what I want to create. Can I see (and tweak) the settings for each weather event, or do all of them use the same set of cloud settings, as set in the inspector?

thanks
    Dave

Attached Files:

49. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi Dave,

The volumetric clouds can be set for each weather type directly in the SkyMasterManager, the icons do this automatically for my pre-created prefabs, but this can be changed to any other prefab.

The main clouds used are in the "Heavy Storm Volume clouds" and "Day lear Volume clouds", you may drag another prefab there with your own clouds and parameters.

The volume clouds script has a "speed" parameter that modifies the cloud speed over he base wind speed, i did this so it is possible to synch the clouds as desired with any other system when wind is present (for example very strong wind may create an issue with trees, thus you may need lower wind and set the cloud speed higher etc)

You must do this change in the prefab that holds the script and will take effect when the clouds are instantiated.

Note that some of the weather dont have clouds associated (also if clouds are not defined in the parameters will not appear).

The 2000 height may need to be extended if you need very high clouds, also note that the particle size should not increase much, since adding a larger particle will make it seem like the clouds are lower. Instead try to extend the Cloud bed width and cloud centers with a very small change to particle size for example. You can extend both sizes if needed in the SkyMaster inspector script ( i can also send a hotfix if you dont want to change the code). Also use a lower cloud size, this will also give the sense that clouds get bigger, which is not desired if you need to make them feel higher.

Since the wider spread clouds will have more evident edges/particles, you should also change the materialwith more transparency factor (by changing the sun color alpha in the volume cloud script). Also you can try increasing the particle number in the prefab as well.

The sun speed can be set in the "Sun Speed" parameter in the Inspector (under Time of Day and Shift Dawn paraeters). Note that in the demo it is set by the sliders in the GUI, so must be disabled as this forces the GUI speed on the system (the demo script is on the camera).

About the performance issue, i cannot recreate it on my side, the main demo runs almost as fast as the performance one, so as a first step try to eliminate the reflection in water (Water4Advanced -> Planar Reflection) and see if this is the cause, then if it is you can limit its use to certain layers so wont render the whole scene for example. Also remove the Terrain Depth Render camera that does the shore line handling, which may be another cause of a possible slow down.

Note also that Unity 5.3 has introduced some strange behavior in some aspects (particles for example are very bugged), so if you are using 5.3 try to install the latest patches too just in case some issues have been solved.

The performance demo and main demo have little differences, mainly the update speed is set lower in the performance demo for volume clouds (you can turn on Decoupled Wind to get the full smooth motion or use the main Atoll demo clouds using the icons to bring them in the SkyMasterManager) and i have disabled the cameras doing he reflection and shore line rendering, so if the peformance demo runs nicely, could be one of the two having an issue with Mac ( i have tested on PC on my side ).

If the performance issue is hard to pinpoint, i can also Skype in and look at / debug the scene on your system directly. I had one more report for a performance issue with Atoll scene in a Mac (it worked fine on other Macs for the same user) and not got any reports for PC, so i think it is Mac related somehow, but i cant pinpoint what exactly is the cause yet.

About the spheres when using MapCenter, i can recreate it and seems to be a bug, i will handle it for next version asap. You can insert the system at zero and move it whole and i will send a hotfix if needed asap.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  50. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.2 will be submitted tomorrow

New features and fixes:

- Added prefab with controller in GI proxy and new demo scene & control script
    - Added box system to define volumes in VolumeCloudSM script
    - Added volume fog preset 15 in SeasonalTerrainSKYMASTER script & new gradient for use with the preset
    - Fixed issue where shader based cloud domes would not center in MapCenter when it was explicitly defined