Search Unity

1. We're looking for feedback on Unity Starter Kits! Let us know what you’d like.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2017.2 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 2017.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out all the fixes for 5.6 on the patch releases page.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Help us improve the editor usability and artist workflows. Join our discussion to provide your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

[ON SALE - 20% OFF] UniStorm - Dynamic Day & Night Weather System (Now Includes UniStorm Mobile)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Reiner

Reiner

hi i have a problem.

i use realistic tank controller with UFPS Player.
    when the player enter the tank and the main camera switcht from player to tank, Unistorm does not get it and than sky is broken?!

What do I have to do so unistorm handle ENTER / EXIT vehicle and switch Main Camera from FPS Player to vehicle?

2. Reiner

Reiner

have the same problem

dlevel likes this.
  3. Wishymashy

Wishymashy

Hello any eta on this? =)

4. D3m0n

D3m0n

I can not run this package with oculus .. Have I read the support, was it introduced? If so, how do you do it?

5. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

You would need to apply the tank camera and Sun Shafts Image Effects to UniStorm each time you enter the tank. When exiting the tank, apply the player camera and said Image Effects to UniStorm. Both cameras would need to have the same settings; Far Clipping Plane at 18,000 and the Sun Shaft Image Effects.

Hey there!

I'll try to get to it within the next day or so. I'll be sure to post it here when it's been updated.

Hey there!

Oculus Rift was supported the last time we checked. What exactly isn't working? Can you please explain further?

I know that having Anti-aliasing enabled in the Graphic Settings can sometimes cause issues with Oculus Rift. Also ensure that you have your cameras' Far Clipping Plane set to 18,000 so they can see the distant objects.

6. dlevel

dlevel

dlevel said:
    yeap the snow part is mapmagic issue and waiting for fix, but the season slider how can it has to do with the sliders though? Its just a terrain. The rain and snow sliders work fine, the season slider is not. Weird problem. Keep in mind that I spawn CTS on runtime, should be something simple.

Any updates on this @BHS ? We need a fix for runtime spawn of CTS with CTS Weather manager, season slider

7. wood333

wood333

After more testing I have discovered:

1. The flickering is shadow related, as there is no flickering with shadows disabled in the quality settings.

2. There is no flickering outside of the vThirdPersonShooterInstance/HeadTrackSensor bounds, while there is within. This can be observed because the flickering can be seen in the scene view as well as the game view, when the mouse is moved.

3. Note, examples of the dark/flickering areas.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  8. wood333

wood333

Between flickers
    Clear in Scene View.JPG
    Particularly bad flicker
    Big Dark Area Scene View.JPG

9. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

If you are spawning CTS at runtime, this would be causing the issue. The CTS Weather Manager needs to be spawned after the CTS is in the scene. This seems to be how CTS and the Weather Manager work. I'll look into this and provide you with a solution when I get the chance.

Hey there!

I know this issue can occur, regardless if UniStorm is present or not, when the camera's Near Clipping plane is set to below 0.5. Try setting your camera's Near Clipping Plane to at least 0.5 to see if this resolves your issue.

10. dlevel

dlevel

Ok Thank you.

Yes the reason I spawn it at runtime is that I use MapMagic :)

11. reocwolf

reocwolf

Hi @BHS are you guys going to work with the World API (WAPI)?

If you don't know what I'm talking about it's referenced here (12:20) by Jason Booth.

12. dlevel

dlevel

So, an update for this issue, for now, the unistorm/cts integration with mapmagic is totally not working. The only slider that works is the snow slider but that doesn't affect the snow amount in cts profile, so it doesn't spawn the snow texture. Could you please check it out?

13. wood333

wood333

It turns out that the issue is not a clipping plane issue, but a image effects issue, specifically a Ground Fog issue. I have an older version of Unistorm in Unity 5.5.2f1 that works perfectly. However, I cannot get Ground Fog and the latest version of Unistorm to work correctly in 5.5.2f1 or 5.6.3f1. We know that there was a Ground Fog bug in Unity, and it was my understanding that the issue was resolved in 5.6, but my present experience is that the bug may remain.

In any event, my choice is between keeping the older version of Unistorm that works perfectly in 5.5.2f1 or to use the latest version of Unistorm in Unity 5.6.3f1 without Ground Fog image effect.

I want to determine and verify which versions of Unistorm are in my various projects. Is there a way to determine from the imported Unistorm project folder or from an Inspector for Unistorm components within the Unity editor?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017 at 1:23 AM
  14. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

Thanks for the info. When I get the chance, I'll get an update submitted for a fix.

Hey there!

From my understanding, if you want Global Fog as of Unity 5.5 and above, you should be using the Unity Post Pricessung Stack Image Effect which can be found here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/83912

They are the new image effects for Unity. They should allow you to have Global Fog with the newer versions of Unity.

15. wood333

wood333

At this point I'm just trying to understand what effects Unistorm is designed to employ, and which effects are supposed to be applied by the atuo-setup for Invector Third Person Controller, so I can verify that I have the desired components attached. What effects are supposed to be on the camera for proper operation of Unistorm 2.4 and are they supposed to be applied by the Unistorm auto character setup for the Invector third person controller?

16. BHS

BHS

The only effect that is needed, and applied from the Auto Player Setup system, is the Sun Shaft Image Effect. None of the other Image Effects are needed.

17. wood333

wood333

Then the Auto Player Setup is performing as expected. The Sun Shaft effects have always been applied automatically.

Final question. Is there a way to determine which version of Unistorm is in a Project?

Thank you for your prompt responses. Great support! You must never sleep.

18. BHS

BHS

Yes, the version can be determined by opening up the UniStorm script and looking for the version number at the top of the script.

You're welcome, I'm happy to help.

19. wood333

wood333

I encounter two issues with Unistorm 2.4

1. Rain (some but not all) drops penetrate the roofs of my houses.

2. When cloud cover is total as in heavy rain storm, and the sun cannot be seen, the sun still creates dim shadows from my character and bright light reflections on the water.

Suggestions?

20. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

1) To fix particles making it through colliders, you just need to increase the quality of the Rain collider's Collision Quality.

2) This can be fixed by decreasing the amount of sun that is used during precipitation weather types. This setting can be found under Sun Options and it's called Sun Intensity (Cloudy).

21. BHS

BHS

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017 at 7:04 PM
  22. wood333

wood333

Where is this setting found?