Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[70% OFF!] UniStorm 5.2 - AAA Volumetric Clouds, URP Support, Weather, Sky, Atmospheric Fog, & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. hsxtreme

hsxtreme

Both UniStorm and Emerald AI are with bugged cam demos, this only happens with their assets, it seems to be some custom script.

2. BHS

BHS

Sending an example scene would probably be the best way for me to get an idea of what's going on. I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out.

You should be able to set the Skybox for each scene by using: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/RenderSettings-skybox.html

Are you using another controller system that may have changed the Input stucture? If you are, this may be what's causing the issue.

Are you using any other assets other than UniStorm and Emerald? Are you receiving any other errors other than the one you've mentioned? Do you have multiple versions of the same script? UniStorm and Emerald use the same camera move script.

3. hsxtreme

hsxtreme

Yes, using together with the Ultimate Survival

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/80368

Can you activate some wet flooring along with the unistorm?
    __
    In the default setting the rain seems to be falling away from the character, can you leave the fog closer?

4. Lohrion

Lohrion

5. BHS

BHS

If you are using Ultimate Survival, and you are receiving an error related to your camera, it is most likely the Ultimate Survival system and not UniStorm. The Ultimate Survival asset has been tested with UniStorm and I can confirm that it does work.

It sounds like your particle effects are attached to your camera when they should be attached to your player object. Select all the object that end with (UniStorm) on your camera and drag them to your player object.

Okay, thanks! I'll be sure to take a look at it.

6. Jaimi

Jaimi

FYI - on Release 2.4 just downloaded, the scenes turn bright yellow and red on OSX in Unity 5.6. Disabling the "Bloom Optimized" post effect on the camera fixes it.

7. TheSeawolf

TheSeawolf

@Lohrion and @BHS @Winterbyte312 , currently ULtimate Survival version 0.11 is not compatible with 5.6.0f3. Winterbyte312 is working on compatibility for version 0.2.

That could be contributing to your problem?

By the way, can someone help me with this question? I cannot get any sort of atmospheric scattering with unistorm 2.4. There is no fog in the distance at all using 5.6.0f3, what tab in the editor should I be using?

Finally, the asset Deep Sky Haze looks quite decent. Should unistorm and this play well together?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  8. BHS

BHS

Thanks for the info. We are trying to support as many versions of Unity as possible. If you use the Auto Player Setup system, it will setup your player without using the Bloom image effect.

Hey there!

Use the Auto Player Setup system. It will automatically assign the Sun Shafts to your camera.

In order for fog to work correctly, you need to use the Post Processing Stack asset. It's Unity's new Image Effects for Unity 5.5 and above.

Deep Haze should work fine. If you'd like UniStorm to control it, just reference something like Unity's fog color. This will allow Deep Haze to transition for each time of day using UniStorm's colors.

TheSeawolf likes this.
  9. Jaimi

Jaimi

@BHS - will you be moving to the new "post processing stack"? I'm getting seriously better performance with this when I put it in manually.

TheSeawolf likes this.
  10. TheSeawolf

TheSeawolf

@Jaimi, did you remove all Unistorm effects from the camera? Does your dog work?

@BHS , I've added the post processing stack, turned fog on but there still is now fog in the distance?

What else drives tog distance?

Thanks for your thoughts on Deep Sky Haze, I'm considering dynamic fog and mist by kronnect as well. But these are later editions!

11. combatsheep

combatsheep

Hi, BHS.

After all, I purchased UniStorm!:)

By the way, is it possible to export the skybox images from UniStorm?

12. phantomisland

phantomisland

Hello, I'm using Unistorm ver 2.1.4.
    My project was encounted Very high GC when use "DynamicCloudFormation" method.
    Because called "Material.SetTexture("_MainTex",Vector2)" inside method.

Is this problem solved when latest updating?

(I'm Japanese.My english is so cheap,Sorry.)

TheSeawolf likes this.
  13. BHS

BHS

The Fog Distance can be controlled via the UniStorm Editor under Fog Options. By default, the fog distance is set to about 1,500 which could be why you aren't seeing it.

Hey there,

Great to hear!

What exactly do you mean by export skybox images?

Hey there,

This has been improved with the newer versions of UniStorm. I would recommend updating to the newest version.

14. krIxh

krIxh

Hi,

is it possibly to enable shadows from clouds?

15. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

Not current, but you can get a similar effect by using Light Cookies.

16. Rotary-Heart

Rotary-Heart

Hello,

Is there any way that I can make a section darker or brighter? (Not the whole scene) I want to change the ambient light to be darker when the player enters a cave but have more light when it enters a different cave. I was hoping that we could do that with something like the weather zone and the climate zone.

17. Rotary-Heart

Rotary-Heart

Well, I made a zone that changes the ambient light. I have attached the prefab in case that anyone else wants to use it.

It allows for instant color change on start (If the player is inside the trigger), instant and fade color change when entering and exiting the zone. It have a variable for the fade (in and out) speed (Range 0.1f, 25f)

To be able to spawn it with the window add this lines to the file UnistormMenu.cs

Code (CSharp):
    1. [MenuItem("Window/UniStorm/Create Ambient Light Zone/C#")]
    2. static void InstantiateLightZoneC()
    3. {
    4.     Selection.activeObject = SceneView.currentDrawingSceneView;
    6.     GameObject codeInstantiatedPrefab = GameObject.Instantiate(AssetDatabase.LoadAssetAtPath("Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Prefabs (Desktop)/UniStorm Ambient Light Zone/C#/Ambient Light Zone C#.prefab", typeof(GameObject))) as GameObject;
    7.     codeInstantiatedPrefab.transform.position = new Vector3(0, 0, 0);
    8.     codeInstantiatedPrefab.name = "Ambient Light Zone C#";
    9. }

Attached Files:

18. combatsheep

combatsheep

Hi, BHS.

I think that It will be useful to export the images for unity skybox, when I make a favorite sky with UniStorm.
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/HOWTO-UseSkybox.html

UniStorm Desktop is good performance @ iPhone6.
    It's awesome!:)
    ファイル_000.png

TheSeawolf likes this.
  19. mindless2831

mindless2831

I am having an issue with UniStorm 2.4 and Unity 2017.0.1f. I was able to get everything to work except particle effects. Fog, rain, snow; none of them worked. I switched back to Unity 5.6.3f and everything works fine ( except a very ugly gradient on the skies and fog, but I think someone mentioned something about enabling HDR on the camera or something... ). Any help as to what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated, or to know if it's just an issue with 2017... Thanks for your time.

20. Ranter1337

Ranter1337

Getting
    NullReferenceException: Do not create your own module instances, get them from a ParticleSystem instance
    UnityEngine.ParticleSystem+EmissionModule.set_rateOverTime (MinMaxCurve value) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/modules/ParticleSystem/ParticleSystemBindings.gen.cs:866)
    randomly while running the game, im on unity 5.6.0f3

21. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

Unity 2017.0.1f is still in beta. When I get the chance, I will look into this to see if I can find you a solution. With that being said, Unity 2017 will be fully supported when it's officially released.

Hey there!

I have tested Unity 5.6.03f and have been unable to recreate your issue. However, I did a search for the issue and it seems to randomly occur for users who experience it. This means it could possibly be a Unity bug. However, I will look further into this to see if I can recreate it.

d1favero likes this.
  22. Mantra-Games

Mantra-Games

I'm getting the sunshafts error running Unity 5.6.1 and Unistorm latest version 2.4.0. As far as I know I dont have any js sunshafts in my scene running. (I saw the post on here from April of last year on that). Any suggestions? It's 14 errors on various lines in the same script.

I also tried reinstalling Unistorm and the standard assets in unity.

Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/Editor/UniStormSetupEditor.cs(590,36): error CS1061: Type `SunShafts' does not contain a definition for `sunThreshold' and no extension method `sunThreshold' of type `SunShafts' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

*EDIT - Ok I did some more searching and yes there was an old sunshafts.js script in my SA folder. I deleted that and it worked :) Cheers.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  23. Mantra-Games

Mantra-Games

Ok I will start a new question, I'm not getting any errors but I'm also not seeing any particle effects (rain, snow etc or even fog. I am using the basic setup Unistorm Desktop C#

TheSeawolf likes this.
  24. C_p_H

C_p_H

Does anyone currently run CaronteFX(1.2.1f) and UniStorm(2.4.0) together? I've already filed a bug report with Unity & CaronteFX because these two assets can not coexist in the same project without crashing Unity(5.0.6p4, 5.6.1, & 2017.1b5) immediately upon launch. Currently can't find any errors that show a conflict in the console logs in Unity and in my mac's console.app log folder.

I've tried dumping Unity cache, trying new clean project with no other assets loaded, reinstalling Unity(for each version), switching from .NET 2.0 to .NET 3.5 within Unity, rebooting, upgrading to macOS 10.12.5, switching between AMD iMac-16GB & NVidia MBP-16GB, switching from OpenGL to Metal API in Unity, but they both only work fine without the other present.

25. BHS

BHS

Very cool thanks for sharing!

Hey there,

Really cool looking game! It's great to hear you are happy with the performance.

I will look into a way of taking a screenshot of the skybox for you.

Hey there!

Did you use the Auto Player Setup system? This will ensure that your particle effects are applied and positioned properly to your player. If you have, check to make sure the particle effects are centered around your player.

Hey there!

I wasn't aware there was an issue for that asset. Thanks for the heads up. I will contact the developer to see if we can figure out what's going on. What's strange is that there are no special components in UniStorm's assets. There's nothing that should be causing conflicts.

The only thing I can think of is the Image Effects as they are from an older version of Unity. Try removing the Image Effects folders from the project before opening it. If you can get the project open, you will need to reimport them by going to Assets>Import Package>Effects.

26. C_p_H

C_p_H

Appreciate the bread crumb trail, although deleting Standard Assets/Effects didn't stop the crash initially that path did lead me to try deleting Standard Assets/Editor/ImageEffects. That worked and now CaronteFX & UniStorm can coexist without Unity crashing!

Now that all my assets are stable I'm getting a missing assembly reference called: "UnityStandardAssets" that UniStorm depends on for ImageEffects.
    For good measure I deleted and reimported the Unity package "Effects" back into the Standard Assets folder, however doing so did not add the missing assembly reference "UnityStandardAssets" that UniStorm required.
    I went back to the path location Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects and discovered a ReadMe file that states:

"The old image effects have been deprecated and moved to the Asset Store: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/83913

We recommend that you now use the new post-processing stack. You'll find it at https://www.unity3d.com/postprocessing"

Stupid Question: Does UniStorm really need the UnityStandardAssets assembly in order to function properly or else the new post processing reference will have to replace it?

Thanks for taking your time to look into this further.

27. mindless2831

mindless2831

I am still having a very big problem with the sky, clouds, and fog having a very bad gradient effect; what am I doing wrong? Also when I look around the scene the clouds and sun/moon get a weird black artifact around it until I stop moving the mouse... I'm pretty sure this is some rendering thing I have wrong in the settings, but I'm at a loss. Help would be very much appreciated.

28. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

It sounds like you need to update your Image Effects. If you are using Unity 5.5 and above, the Global Fog Image Effect isn't compatible until you reimport it. This can be done by going to Assets>Import Package>Effects.

29. BadUncleGames

BadUncleGames

Hi folks,
    I am wondering if anyone has successfully integrated Opsive Third Person controller and Unistorm in Multiplayer?
    I can easily run up the Opsive networking example without issue, I can also run up the Unistrom Player Spawn without issue using my characters etc however when I apply the getunistormcomponents script to my instantiated networked character I get assignment issues.
    If anyone has successfully gotten these 2 working in networked mode I would appreciate any assistance.

30. mindless2831

mindless2831

I have indeed updated global fog while still having the problems, I remember because I had to fix it again and add public to the code to make it work properly... I also use AQUAS which I heard works fine with it even though they both use global fog... Am I doing something else wrong?

31. BadUncleGames

BadUncleGames

As a followon. I have found if I place the entire Unistorm weather system under the prefab for the character then no errors and it seems that weather changes etc all work HOWEVER the clouds and sun etc all rotate with the camera...

32. Stormy102

Stormy102

No way of getting around that - they will rotate with the player due to transform inheritance. Leave the prefab separate and ensure that all of the components are assigned to the getunistormcomponents script... assuming that you have actually added that correctly?

33. C_p_H

C_p_H

CaronteFX developer fixed my issues, here's the Email message I received from them that cleared all my console errors & as a result Unity 2017.1.0 no longer crash upon launch for macOS with Metal enabled:

" Hello Carlton,

Unfortunately, we can't reproduce it here, but try this. Open the folder for your Unity project and remove the Library folder. Unity must be closed before removing. After that, run unity again and try the scene again.

let me know.

Best wishes,

luisM.
    "

34. BadUncleGames

BadUncleGames

Yep I figured that was the case and yes followed the getunistormcomponents example. Looks like a bit of tinkering is in order then. Thanks.

35. hsxtreme

hsxtreme

36. TheSeawolf

TheSeawolf

I was having these problems as well for the last month until last night. I am currently using Unistorm 2.4, Aquas, Gaia terrains and the new post image behaviour effects.

I used the prefab controller from the Unistorm weather system c#. I then removed all image effects from the camera, and then added the new post image effects to the camera as @BHS suggested.

I also changed in the lighting tab from skybox to colour, as both skybox and gradient were giving me terrible sky artifacting and near luminescent ground textures at night.

Finally, I think I changed the rendering on the camera from my preferred and Unistorm default "deferred" to "use graphic setting or forward".

So in essence by removing the default image effects from the camera and replacing them with the Unity post image effects and changing the camera from skybox to colour, and camera to forward or grahic setting, I solved my problem.

Sorry, I am writing this away from my computer so I can't see unity at the moment. This is based on unity 5.6.3f

@BHS , I think I have discovered a bug in the temperature option. The default starting temperature always defaults to faranheit 80 degrees no matter date you manually add to the time options., or is this intended?

d1favero and combatsheep like this.
  37. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

Great to hear you resolved your issue and thanks for the information.

Hey there!

I'm not sure as it's never been tested. If you would like to have Segi use UniStorm's colors, you would just look up Segi's API and have it use UniStorm's color for each time of day.

Hey there!

Thanks for the details regarding this. I have yet to be able to recreate the issue after updating the Image Effects. After updating the Image Effects, the issue is always resolved.

The temperature system works as intended. The Current Temperature variable will always say 80 until the scene is started because it doesn't fully calculate until you're in runtime.

TheSeawolf likes this.
  38. BadUncleGames

BadUncleGames

Hi team,
    I am trying to get my scene working with UNet using Opsive TPC. I noticed in an earlier post from Dec 2015 there was mention of networking details going up on the Wiki but I am not seeing them anywhere. Are you able to provide a bit more information?
    I have my character spawning without a problem and run the GetUnistorm component script to populate the objects (snow, rain etc) however I am getting:

UnassignedReferenceException: The variable cameraObject of UniStormWeatherSystem_C has not been assigned.
    You probably need to assign the cameraObject variable of the UniStormWeatherSystem_C script in the inspector.
    UnityEngine.GameObject.GetComponent[Camera] () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/GameObjectBindings.gen.cs:38)
    UniStormWeatherSystem_C.GetAllComponents () (at Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:988)
    UniStormWeatherSystem_C.InitializeUniStorm () (at Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:577)
    UniStormWeatherSystem_C.Start () (at Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:550)

And...

UnassignedReferenceException: The variable sunTrans of UniStormWeatherSystem_C has not been assigned.
    You probably need to assign the sunTrans variable of the UniStormWeatherSystem_C script in the inspector.
    UniStormWeatherSystem_C.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:1294)

Obviously assignment issues but I am hoping I don't need to go hunting and modifying if you have already tested and documented UNet for unistorm.

Cheers.

39. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

If you are having assignment issues, I would try adding a delay to UniStorm while your player is being instantiated.

This can be done by disabling your UniStorm system script and letting a script enable it after a customizable delay has been reached.

This code will add a delay and enable UniStorm afternoon it's been reached.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    5. public class EnableUniStorm : MonoBehaviour {
    7.     public float StartDelaySeconds;
    9.     void Start () {
    10.         StartCoroutine("UniStormEnableDelay");
    11.     }
    13.     IEnumerator UniStormEnableDelay () {
    14.         yield return new WaitForSeconds(StartDelaySeconds);
    15.         GameObject.Find("UniStormSystemEditor").GetComponent<UniStormWeatherSystem_C>().enabled = true;
    16.     }
    17. }
    Hopefully this will resolve your issue with missing components while creating your player.

As for an example with UniStorm working with UNet, I'll try to get an up to date one for you when I get the chance. However, there's a few examples on the UniStorm forums here that other have posted:

1) https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/r...storm-mobile-free.121021/page-83#post-2773021

2) https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/r...storm-mobile-free.121021/page-84#post-2785944

40. Alex3333

Alex3333

Good afternoon. I have a child object (Reflection Probe) on some objects. When night begins, these objects continue to glow. How can I do to reduce systematically the intensity to zero when it begins to darken. Then, when it starts to lighten, the intensity again rises to its original value. How to do it ?

41. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

You can do so by going to the Lighting Options and adjusting the Reflection Intensity for night and/or twilight to 0.

42. tcz8

tcz8

Is there a demo of the current version available?

43. Gervais60

Gervais60

Hi

I am having a problem with the fog when I am running from inside the unity editor my fog is ok when in storm mode but when I compile the program I don't have any fog is there a setting I need to adjust any suggestion is welcome

The fog color is intentionally blueish

I am using unity 5.6.1f1

Thanks

WithFog.jpg

NoFog.jpg

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  44. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

I have been planning to update the demo to the newest version for a couple of weeks now. I'll be sure to update it sometime tomorrow and let you know when it's up.

Hey there!

This is happen because Unity has fog disabled by default when building, which I'm not sure why this is still the case.

To fix it, go to Edit > Project Settings > Graphics Settings > Fog Modes and set it from Automatic to Manual. This will allow fog to be enabled when your game has been built.

TheSeawolf likes this.
  45. Gervais60

Gervais60

Thanks it did fix my problem very appreciated you prompt replay
    Gervais

46. BHS

BHS

You're welcome Gervais!

47. TheSeawolf

TheSeawolf

@BHS , I'm very interested about the Unistorm roadmap, I couldn't find it on the first page. What features and improvements are planned for coming versions? For example, are volumetric clouds still planned?

Jaimi and Stormy102 like this.
  48. TheSeawolf

TheSeawolf

@BHS , sorry to harp on about the fog setup, but I cannot get fog to show up using Deferred Rendering in 5.6.0f3. I can see it when I change to Forward and Use Graphic Settings, but not deferred which is preferrable.

I have tried all suggestions below, but deferred does not work with any of them.

To fix it, go to Edit > Project Settings > Graphics Settings > Fog Modes and set it from Automatic to Manual. This will allow fog to be enabled when your game has been built.

The Fog Distance can be controlled via the UniStorm Editor under Fog Options. By default, the fog distance is set to about 1,500 which could be why you aren't seeing it.

This can be done by going to Assets>Import Package>Effects

49. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

I can post the UniStorm roadmap sometime later today. Volumetric clouds are something that is still planned for a future update.

If I remember correctly, I think you need Unity's Post Processing Stack Image Effects from the Asset Store in order to have Fog in Defferred Rendering. This asset is free and can be found here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/83912

I'll be sure to update the UniStorm Wiki with this new information.

50. tcz8

tcz8

Hi, did you update the demo to 2.4? I would have liked to try it before the sale ends.