Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[70% OFF!] UniStorm 5.2 - AAA Volumetric Clouds, URP Support, Weather, Sky, Atmospheric Fog, & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. BHS

BHS

UniStorm's Time Events can do just this. I tested it just to confirm it, which lead to some improved functionality with calculating events on Start. This way, if a player loads their game, the event would still be calculated accordingly (If not, the time could be missed and the event wouldn't be triggered). After they are calculate on Start, they return to only calculating when their time is reached. This of course is optional and is only required for some events. However, it's nice to have an option to do so if it's needed.

Creating events to enable and disable lights, according to the time of day, would simply require some simple code such as:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public void TurnOnLights (GameObject AllLights)
    2. {
    3.      AllLights.SetActive(true);
    4. }
    6. public void TurnOffLights (GameObject AllLights)
    7. {
    8.      AllLights.SetActive(false);
    9. }
    UniStorm's Time Events setup would look like the below.
    TimeOfDayLightControl.png

Hey there!

Chronos integration is something we would like to look into. However, we haven't had the time to fully look into it. If you wanted to do it yourself it would be quite simple. Looking at the documentation you provided, you would just change all of UniStorm's Time.DeltaTime to Timeline.deltaTime and everything should work accordingly. If you were to edit UniStorm's code, you would just press Ctrl+H and replace every instance of Time.DeltaTime with Timeline.deltaTime.

Thanks for the suggestions regarding UniStorm Events. Some things were added to the description before they were added to the editor. This has now been fixed.

Day of the week for the Weekly setting is a great idea and has been added. However, adding it to the monthly section can't be done because the monthly section needs a specific date, not a day of the week.

Random events are something that we would certainly like to add. I'm not sure if they will make it in with the release of the UniStorm Events, but they will certainly be added soon after.

Once UniStorm's weather is generated, it also generates a time it will happen. This information is already currently in UniStorm. I'm not sure how exactly it can be implemented into Weather Events, but I'm sure there's a way to do so. The focus right now is on getting the Time Events system finished, but it's definitely something we can keep in mind when finishing the Weather Events.

DayOfWeekImprovements.png

Hey there!

This would be Unity, not UniStorm. It seems like maybe you are making too many calculations with Unity's particle effects. It also depends on how many particles UniStorm is using. You can control the total amount of particles by adjusting the Rain Intensity in the Precipitation Options. It's recommended to balance collision quality and particle intensity.

Lurking-Ninja and wood333 like this.
  2. anunnaki2016

anunnaki2016

ok @BHS thanks for your reply, but is to small amount defaut unitstorm, i have put 5000 i have change your script and have this drop fps, i have try 1500 and now is more good but not much rain ;(((((((((((

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  3. wood333

wood333

Out of the box and into my scene the sun is rising in the northwest and setting in the southwest. My scene has a true north, which is up when looking down at the terrain, the direction of the blue tool arrow, same as the orientation of the Unistorm terrain in the basic scene.

So my questions is, what is the approved method to adjust Unistorm so the sun rises in the east and sets in the west?

4. BHS

BHS

This has to do with your collision options and quality. It sounds like you are calculating each individual particle to have a collision source which is why it's affecting your fps.

You can get the sun direction you want by going to the Sun Options and setting your Sun Rotation to -90.

wood333 likes this.
  5. wood333

wood333

Thank you, that did the trick!

However, I feel I should mention that you are not using the correct astronomical term. Rotation is when a planet or moon turns all the way around or spins on its axis one time. The axis of rotation is an imaginary line going from the north pole to the south pole. When a planet or moon travels once around an object this is considered a revolution.The sun, planets and the moon rotate (spin) on their axis, they "revolve" in orbits around each other.

What you call "Sun Rotation" in your Sun options, is actually "Sun Revolution," around the terrain. Just saying. ;)

d1favero likes this.
  6. BHS

BHS

Great to hear, you are welcome!

You are correct. This will be fixed with the 2.4.0 update:)

wood333 likes this.
  7. SirAlamo

SirAlamo

Hi everybody,

first of all, thanks for Unistorm, its a realy realy great asset!

So my question is very simple. I have an huge project with tons off interaction between unistorm and other things, for example playmaker stuff, all is working great. So now which is the best way for me to update to the newest Unistorm Version? Should i simply update within the asset store directly into my Project, or is there a better way for me?

My Unistorm Version is 2.1.4 and i want to upgrade to 2.3.1

Thanks in advance!

8. Stormy102

Stormy102

Firstly, make a backup of your project. If you're using version/source control, even better.
    Then update the asset. You will probably need to update the UniStormWeatherSystem prefab in the scene by deleting it and re-dragging in the prefab. Make sure you make an note of all of your settings. (With UniStorm 2.3.0+ you can export your settings which is really cool :D).

9. SirAlamo

SirAlamo

Thanks a lot! ;-)

Stormy102 likes this.
  10. txarly

txarly

Hi,

Will be possible to create new weathers with the next update?

Thanks

11. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

This is a feature we would like to add soon, but not with the 2.4.0 update. The focus of this update is to improve functionality and simplicity.

12. BHS

BHS

A look at the Auto Player Setup system (version 2.0) coming with UniStorm 2.4.0. It now takes about 10 seconds to setup any character controller. Below the setup process of setting up Invector's Third Person Controller.

UniStorm's Auto Player Setup (APS) system now has 7 presets each with a custom setup for the top controller and camera systems on the Asset Store. These include UFPS, RFPS, Ultimate Survival Character Controller, Oculus Rift, Opsive Third Person Controller, and Invector Third Person Controller.

We have also included a versatile Standard Preset that should work with any other camera systems (both 3rd person and First Person). Each APS preset has a video tutorial that can be accessed through the APS system, if needed.

Lastly, the process is now 100% automatic. No more popup messages regarding UniStorm components that are still in the scene. This is all handled by the improved APS system.

APS2.0Setup.gif

masa045 and Adrad like this.
  13. SirAlamo

SirAlamo

Hi Everybody,
    i have updated to unistorm 2.3.1 now and also from unity 5.4.5 to unity 5.6. My Problem now, the Auto Player Setup doesn't work correctly (see attached screenshots). I got an Error message in the console and the only particle effect that the auto setup place in the hierachy under my Player is the rain prefab. Need some advice/help on this please!
    Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

14. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

Strange, have you changed the folder structure at all? It looks like it can't find the rain particle effect prefab.

15. SirAlamo

SirAlamo

Hey there and thanks for the quick response! :)
    I wanted to be sure and completely deleted the unistorm folders from my project before I pulled the update to the new version. I should say that I used the javascript version of unistorm before the update and now (since apparently with unity 5.6 some things run different) wanted to switch to the C # version. I did not change the folder structure of the Unity Project. Apart from this the skybox now looks pretty washed up, too. Everything else in the project runs well.

16. SirAlamo

SirAlamo

And hey, it also rains if i switch the weather, so the rain particles should be ok :)
    I'm only missing the other weather effects like snow and the messed up skybox problem ...

17. BHS

BHS

Of course!

If you are now using the C# version of UniStorm, make sure you are using the C# version of the Auto Player Setup. The APS system may be stopping because you have a prefab in your player object. Try breaking the prefab of the said object to see if it fixes your error.

The Skybox issue is because of the changes made with the Global Fog image effect, not the Skybox itself. To fix it, remove the Global Fog image effect and use Unity's new Post Process image effect system. It can be downloaded from the Asset Store.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  18. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

Okay, first off, there's a lot to cover. In short, UniStorm has improved significantly and many portions of the system have been rewritten and improved. UniStorm 2.4.0 has been submitted and is awaiting approval. Note: This update has tons of changes so it is recommended that you back up your projects before updating when this update is released.

This update ended up being a little bigger and more complicated than expected. What started out as a few core improvements, turned out to be a complete overhaul. This may very well be our biggest update ever.

So, lets get started.

Improved and Organized Code
    Most of UniStorm's code has been improved, rewritten, and better organized. We know this was an issue with some of our users and we have fixed it. We have reduced the total lines of UniStorm by over 1,200 lines. We have also been able to fix a lot of bugs that users have posted along with also further optimizing UniStorm and its performance.

UniStorm JavaScript (JS) is Being Removed
    The JS versions of UniStorm, along with all of their assets, have been removed. These versions were hardly used and just increased the time it took to update UniStorm when we had to apply the same update using another language. This is mostly due to Unity slowly phasing out JS and making C# its focus. We apologize if this causes any inconveniences, but in the long run, users can see updates more often than we have previously released them.

New Auto Player Setup system (APS)
    UniStorm's previous version of Auto Player Setup could be confusing. It did most of the work with setting up, but not quite all of it. We want UniStorm to be a plugin that's as easy to use as possible. This is where we made major improvements to the APS system. It now takes about 10 seconds to setup any character controller. Below the setup process of setting up Invector's Third Person Controller.

UniStorm's APS system now has 6 presets each with a custom setup for the top controller and camera systems on the Asset Store. These include UFPS, RFPS, Oculus Rift, Opsive Third Person Controller, and Invector Third Person Controller.

We have also included a versatile Standard Preset that should work with any other camera systems (both 3rd person and First Person). Each APS preset has a video tutorial that can be accessed through the APS system, if needed.

Lastly, the process is now 100% automatic. No more popup messages regarding UniStorm components that are still in the scene. This is all handled by the improved APS system.

Setting up Invector Third Person Controller from start to finish. With Unity 5.5 and above, it is now possible to apply the Sun light to the Lightning Environment programmatically.

New API and Improved Functionality
    We want UniStorm to be as easy to use and versatile as possible. This is why we have added 12 functions (with more to come) for users to use for custom scripts so they no longer have to guess how to do simple tasks that should be readily available. These function can all be called and UniStorm will handle the rest.

GenerateWeather.png DisableParticles.png

These functions include:
    • ChangeWeather (int WeatherNumber) - Changes the weather by changing UniStorm's weatherForecaster variable. (List of possible weather types is included with the API)
    • RandomWeather() - Changes the weather by generating a random weather type.
    • RandomNonPrecipitationWeather() - Changes the weather by generating a random non-precipitation weather type. (List of possible weather types is included with the API)
    • RandomPrecipitationWeather() - Changes the weather by generating a random precipitation or cloudy weather type. Note: Some weather types are dependent on the temperature and season. (List of possible weather types is included with the API)
    • GetDate() - Call this function to get UniStorm's current date and/or time using DateTime.
    • SetDate (int Month, int Day, int Year) - Changes UniStorm's date to the desired date by setting the Day, Month, and Year parameters.
    • SetTime (int Hour, int Minute) - Changes UniStorm's time to the desired time by setting the hour and minute parameters.
    • SetDateAndTime (int Hour, int Minute, int Month, int Day, int Year) - Changes UniStorm's current time and date. This is useful for applying a player's saved time and date.
    • SetDayAndNightLenth (int DayLength, int NightLength) - Changes the Day and Night lengths. This is useful for something like a resting system or an event where the time needs to be fast forwarded or slowed.
    • DisableParticleEffects() - Disables UniStorm's particle effects. This can be useful for events like entering areas where you don't want particle effects visible such as a building or cave.
    • EnableParticleEffects() - Enables UniStorm's particle effects. This can be useful for events like exiting areas where you previously had particle effects disabled such as in a building or cave.
    • GenerateWeather() - Generates a weather type using UniStorm's weather generating algorithm that takes in account the weather odds and time. Note: The generated weather will not happen right away. UniStorm will generate a weather change that will happen within the next 1 to 24 hours.

UniStorm Events
    With the introduction of UniStorm Events, users will finally be able to create events based off of UniStorm's time and weather (weather events coming soon) using customized Unity Events. The UniStorm Event system makes it easy to create custom UniStorm related events using Unity's UnityEvent system. This gives users the power to create an endless amount of events all within the UniStorm Editor. We have added a new tab to the UniStorm Editor called UniStorm Events to manage all UniStorm Events. This allows you to trigger your events from many UniStorm related variables such as time, weather, dates, day of the week, and temperature. However, only Time UniStorm Events will be released with the 2.4.0 update. Weather Events will come shortly after.

UniStorm Events are triggered by calling another script's public function, as shown below. This can be any script and allows you to have time related events without having to program them into your scripts. UniStorm's Time Events allow you to specify the exact time an event happens and can be called hourly, daily, monthly, and even yearly. This opens up many possibilities with what you with gameplay and game management.

UniStorm Events will be in open beta until UniStorm 2.4.1. We have tons planned for this feature and we look forward to what can be achieved with it. UniStorm Events do not have to be used and are completely optional. If you have any feedback or suggestions please post them here.

DayOfWeekImprovements.png

Improved Lightning and Procedural Lightning
    Lastly, we have been able to squeeze in a feature that we haven't yet really talked about and that is procedural lightning. UniStorm's old lightning system was quite dated. It used Unity's old particle effect system and a static texture for the lightning bolt. This, as well as other portions of UniStorm's lightning system, needed some major improvement. UniStorm's new lightning will create procedural lightning bolts each time a lightning strike happens. These lightning bolt are all unique every time and can happen anywhere within the strike radius. We have provided all settings for users to customize the intensity, lengths, colors, and more all located in the UniStorm Editor. The lightning function itself has also been rewritten to allow for improved lightning light. This was done by limiting the angles of possible lighting strikes so they don't wash out terrains. We have also lifted the cap for lightning sounds allowing for an unlimited amount of lightning sounds as well as improved the way sounds are applied to the editor.

ProceduralLightning.png

ProceduralLightning3.png

Full Release Notes:
    Features
    • New Feature: UniStorm Events - UniStorm Events allow you to set custom time related events based off of UniStorm's time and dates using Unity's Event system. UniStorm Events can be found under the tab UniStorm Events. This feature is currently in beta and is completely optional. For more information on UniStorm Events see the post here: UniStorm Events
    • New Feature: UniStorm now uses procedural lightning. This replaces the old deprecated static particle effect. Procedural lightning strikes are unique every time and have tons of settings for users to adjust such as intensities, lightning bolt lengths, colors, fading, strike radius, and more. If you do not want to use this option, you can disable it via the lightning options.
    • Redid UniStorm's Lightning Options to reflect the changes made with the procedural lightning.
    • Added an option to disable Procedural Lightning if users don't want to use it.
    • Added support for an endless amount of lightning sounds that will randomly be played, instead of just 6.
    • Updated UniStorm's Auto Player Setup (APS) system to version 2.0. The 2.0 version is a complete rewrite. We realized the previous version could be a little confusing, so we fixed it. We want UniStorm to be as easy as possible to setup and that's why the setup process is now 100% automatic.
    • UniStorm's Auto Player Setup (APS) system now has 7 presets each with a custom setup for the top controller and camera systems on the Asset Store. These include UFPS, RFPS, Ultimate Survival Character Controller, Oculus Rift, Opsive Third Person Controller, and Invector Third Person Controller. We have also included a versatile Standard Preset that should work with any other camera systems (both 3rd person and First Person).
    • Each APS preset has a video tutorial that can be accessed through the APS system, if needed.
    • The APS system can now auto detect UniStorm and its components so it will create a system, and components, if you don't have one, or use the one that's currently in the scene. This also fixes the issues regarding the UniStorm components still in scene message.
    • UniStorm's documentation has been added to the UniStorm Editor under the tab Documentation/Help. This tab gives users easier access to UniStorm's Documentation, support email, tutorials, and more.
    • Redid UniStorm's Sound Manager editor by adding buttons instead of a slider. The cap of sounds has also been lifted allowing users to use as many sounds as needed for each time of day. Foldouts for each time time of day has also been added to help keep the editor organized.
    • Added 12 public functions to UniStorm for easier controlling of things like setting the time and date, changing and generating new weather, getting the date and time, setting the day and night length, and more. This makes creating custom script much easier as well as giving users with PlayMaker more options for controlling UniStorm.
    • Added summaries to all public functions explaining what they do and how they can be used.
    • Added better PlayMaker support by offering more functions (as explained above) and removing unneeded or unused variables.
    • Redid the way stars' color and fading is handled by using a Gradient Color. This allows you to control the exact time of day the stars fade in and out allowing them to be visible in the late stages of sunrises and early stages of sun rises.
    • Added a HDR option to the procedural skybox shader for image effects like SE Natural Bloom and Dirty Lens.
    • Added an option to use single or multiple terrains for controlling the wind. This is located in the Wind Options.
    • Added an option to the Precipitation Options to choose the rain intensity that must be met in order to have lightning and thunder during the Thunderstorm weather type. This is completely optional, however an option is available for those who want more realistic weather.
    • Added an option to control how fast the lightning flashes will fade in and out. This feature has been fixed when previously lightning flashes were instant. This gives the feature of "soft lightning" which looks better and more realistic.
    New Scenes and Examples
    • Added a UniStorm Time Event example scene to demonstrate UniStorm's new event system.
    • Added an autosave example scene that comes with a script that lets users adjust the rate for saving.
    • Added a two camera setup example
    • Added a scene to show off the new Procedural Lightning System
    Fixes/Improvements
    • Rewrote many portions of UniStorm's code this also reduced the size of UniStorm's code by 1,200+ lines
    • Removed all unused variables
    • Organized all of UniStorm's variables
    • Organized the UniStorm system's code.
    • Organized UniStorm's Editor's code.
    • Increased overall performance
    • Removed PlayerUI from the UniStorm Prefab
    • Removed UniStorm's old deprecated lightning bolt effect and replaced it with procedural lightning system (See new features for more information)
    • Removed the JS versions of UniStorm. This is because the JS version is hardly used and increases update release times. Removing the JS version of UniStorm will dramatically reduce the time it takes for our updates to be released.
    • Removed all JS version assets from UniStorm. This allows a more organized folder structure and reduces the download size.
    • UniStorm's Sun Size is now calculated with an int instead of a float. The default sun size is now 3, when previously it was 0.03.
    • UniStorm's lightning strike seconds is now generated on Start so it no longer happens right when the storm clouds fade in.
    • UniStorm's moon shafts are automatically disabled is the option is enabled and there is no second Light Shaft image effect found. (This shouldn't happen as the APS system does this automatically)
    • Improved the Time of Day calculations on Start to be near instant.
    • Increased the Light Rain Intensity cap from 500 to 1,000.
    • Increased the Heavy Rain max particles from 5,000 to 10,000. This allows for very intense rain, if desired.
    • Increased the Light Snow Intensity cap from 300 to 1,000.
    • Reduced UniStorm's Max Lightning Seconds to 5 for users who want faster and more often lightning.
    • Renamed Sun Rotation to Sun Revolution to more accurately represent what it does.
    • Removed the error log system as its no longer needed due to UniStorm's new Auto Player Setup.
    • Rewrote the WeatherCommand function to use a list for picking the weather during runtime. This reduced the function to only 5 lines instead of 50. The weather codes are generated on Start and now follow the same number system as the weatherForecaster variable.
    • Rewrote the Lightning function to reflect the changes made with procedural lightning. The rotation for lightning light was also rewritten to give better lightning light angles improving the overall shading when lightning occurs.
    • Rewrote the MoonPhaseCalculations function to be 6 lines instead of 40 using a list for the moon phases. Moon phases can still be customized by going to the Object Options.
    • Fixed bug with rain mist not properly fading out for the Light Rain weather type.
    • Fixed warning message that would pop up if other UniStorm components were still in the scene. This is now handled automatically.
    • Fixed Instant Weather calculations for the Celsius temperature type.
    • Fixed an issue that made the lightning flashes fade instantly instead of gradually.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  19. Stormy102

Stormy102

Keep it up! Looking really nice :) Any chance of the rain on screen effect? :rolleyes:

BHS and anunnaki2016 like this.
  20. BHS

BHS

The rain on screen effect wasn't able to make it in with the release version. However, we are more than happy to provide it to those who want it early. Just send us a PM with your invoice number :)

Stormy102 and anunnaki2016 like this.
  21. anunnaki2016

anunnaki2016

Amazing update my friend

thanks i go send you @BHS

22. schala

schala

Hello BHS, first of all, let me start saying that your system looks amazing. I already have a similar system, but it was broken after I switched to Unity 5.6, and I don't have much time to wait until it works with it, which may take a little while.

This takes me to my question: will Unistorm work in Unity 5.6? I only found one post in this forum mentioning 5.6 and there was a broken feature or so. I just don't want to go ahead and buy it only to realize that I'm at the same point and cannot use it in Unity 5.6.

Thanks in advance!

23. Stormy102

Stormy102

I can confirm that it does. Works admirably. ;)

schala likes this.
  24. SirAlamo

SirAlamo

Thanks for the response!
    Will try this, but maybe waiting for your 2.4 Update. :)
    The new Features/changes of version 2.4 sounds great!
    Best regards

25. schala

schala

Thank you so much for confirming! :D I'm really eager to give it a try.

26. Stormy102

Stormy102

Also, if your game involves multiplayer, I can confirm that you can sync it across the network

schala likes this.
  27. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

UniStorm 2.4 has been accepted and is now live! This is UniStorm's biggest update yet.

UniStorm fully supports Unity 5.6 and it looks great with Unity's new post processing effects.

Release notes can be found here: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/r...storm-mobile-free.121021/page-90#post-3024826

Note: Please backup your projects before updating as something have changed with version 2.4, though you should be fine.

28. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

Speechless... WOW!!! Thank you so much this is an AMAZING release!!! You guys are so awesome! One off the best Assets I have bought on the store and you guys just keep improving Unistorm... so impressed! Thx for all the hard work!

BHS likes this.
  29. BHS

BHS

Thank you for the kind words. You are welcome! We hope you, and everyone else, enjoys this update.

Shodan0101 likes this.
  30. helgarddebarros

helgarddebarros

In the previous version of Unistorm I was able to turn off the lightning bug effect, but I can't seem to find any way to do it in the new version. Setting the prefab to inactive doesn't work. Anyone know how to turn off the effect?

31. BHS

BHS

This is because of the new function that gives control over disabling and enabling particles. To fix this, you should be able to disable the particle renderer on the Lightning Bugs object.

32. helgarddebarros

helgarddebarros

I have tried that, they are still there in-game.

Attached Files:

33. Stormy102

Stormy102

@BHS I think that there should be an option for lightning to be even quicker.

Not that Wikipedia is a good souce... but it says that the average lightning bolt lasts 0.2 seconds. I just feel that we should be able to make lightning strikes even faster :rolleyes:

34. BHS

BHS

Strange, I'll look into this to see if I can find a way for you to disable only the lightning bug weather type.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Right now, the lightning strikes last about 0.5 seconds. Maybe we can add the option to have a minimum and maximum strike length and then have it randomized to make it even more realistic, since not all lightning strike lengths would be the same. This would allow users to have strikes be as fast or as slow as they would like.

35. Stormy102

Stormy102

Yeah that would be better - there are options for the light length but not the bolt :confused: lol

Keep it up though - it's really impressive this new update!

36. GOLDY00

GOLDY00

Hey guys love the new update but I have one question though if I'm building s rts style city builder and wanted to use this with the new update how do I auto player setup the camera as a fps or 3rd person

37. Stormy102

Stormy102

Do it as the first person - it won't specifically set it up for any individual package.

38. yezzer

yezzer

Is it possible to change the time of day, skybox, and appropriate lighting while in the editor and *not* in playback mode? I need to check how things look in the IDE under certain lighting and weather conditions..

39. Stormy102

Stormy102

As in changing the settings and seeing their impact immediately? Nope that isn't in.
    @BHS This seems like a really cool idea!

[offtopic]Loved your dropship demo @yezzer[/offtopic]

syscrusher and yezzer like this.
  40. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

Thanks, great to hear you're liking it.

If you are switching between both first person and 3rd person, you should be able to use the same setup. The Standard preset should cover most camera and character systems. However, it really depends on your exact setup and if you are using the same camera and player object that the APS used. I would need more information to give you an exact answer, but it should work.

It isn't possible as of now, but if you are wanting to save the changes you are making in runtime, this is possible. The Export Settings system works during runtime. So, you can get the colors and lightning you are looking for throughout the day and then export them. Once you've done this, you can import them while in the editor mode to update UniStorm to have the same settings you had during runtime when you exported.

41. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

The update looks great.

I am seeing an error though in 5.6.0.f3. Any idea what this is?

I am also not getting the stars disappearing when morning arrives.

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
    Parameter name: index
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Material].get_Item (Int32 index) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:633)
    UniStormWeatherSystem_C.MoonPhaseCalculator () (at Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:2948)
    UniStormWeatherSystem_C.CreateMoon () (at Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:951)
    UniStormWeatherSystem_C.InitializeUniStorm () (at Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:698)
    UniStormWeatherSystem_C.Start () (at Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs:550)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  42. Stormy102

Stormy102

Looks like you don't have any moon phases assigned to the moon phases list. Make sure you have at least one.

AndyNeoman likes this.
  43. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

This is happening because the moon phases aren't properly applied to UniStorm. Are you using an old updated prefab or did you use the Auto Player Setup system? If you are using an old prefab, remove it from your scene and create a new one using the Auto Player Setup system to have an up to date prefab.

The reason the stars are disappearing is because you need to set the gradient color for the stars in the Atmosphere Options. However, there should already be the appropriate gradient color for the stars. Updating the prefab as mentioned above will also fix your issue.

AndyNeoman likes this.
  44. BHS

BHS

I looked into this and disabling the Particle Renderer allows you to disable the Lightning Bugs weather type. Ensure that you don't have multiple Lightning Bug particle effects in your scene and that you are using the newest prefab from the 2.4 update.

45. helgarddebarros

helgarddebarros

I don't know where else the lightning bugs could be in the scene as I haven't added any. I am on 2.4, in previous versions I was able to disable the lightning bugs. I deleted all the prefabs from the player and added them again with the player set-up, so they should be the latest prefabs.

Attached Files:

• uni.JPG
      uni.JPG
      File size:
      323 KB
      Views:
  46. BHS

BHS

Strange, there shouldn't be any prefabs if you are using Auto Player Setup. What's most likely happening is things are reverting to the prefabs which sometimes happens.

To fix this, try breaking the prefab connection of your player by going to GameObject>Break Prefab Instance while having your player selected. Also do the same for UniStorm.

47. helgarddebarros

helgarddebarros

OK, I broke the prefab instance on the player and unistorm. I have to make my player a prefab for my system to work, and when I do, then the lightning bugs under the player show as a prefab.

Attached Files:

• uni2.JPG
      uni2.JPG
      File size:
      107.7 KB
      Views:
  48. BHS

BHS

Does the Particle Renderer become enabled when starting your scene? If so, try saving the prefab while the Particle Renderer is disabled.

49. anunnaki2016

anunnaki2016

Hellooo @BHS

in editor i see lightning flashes every is ok, but after build i dont see more new lightning flashes is strange ^^

50. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

That is strange. I'll check it out to see what's going on. This hasn't ever happened before. It could possibly be specifically to your project. What version of Unity are you using?