Search Unity

On demand resources not refreshing

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by drolak, Sep 30, 2016.

1. drolak

drolak

Hello!

We're using on demand resources for one of our games and are constantly running into issues with users doing an update and not getting updated asset bundles. As if after downloading an update from the app store, the os is keeping the old asset bundle instead of purging it and downloading the new one upon first request.
    This is not happening with test flight builds (which makes it harder to debug).

Anyone run into such issue? Maybe we're doing something wrong? Should we manually delete the downloaded asset bundles after an update? If so - how?

2. DziDAI

DziDAI

3. drolak

drolak

Looks like a very similar issue.
    Our game affected Kickerinho World. We've run into this when preparing the last update to the game. We got a similar error: "unable to open archive file: res://sydney"

The solution was to include the sydney scene in the build (a crappy solution, but we're still under 100MB).

Good to here we're not the only ones affected by this. Maybe it'll get more attention.

4. DziDAI

DziDAI

We get this error during opening manifest file.

I’ve tried including manifest file into the build and installing it over AppStore version, and everything became ok after it. It opens and on this stage app is running, but then I get “unable to open archive file:res://” on all 12 bundles.

That is why including all bundles into the build is not very good solution for me. I’ve tried renaming bundles, so they became different from those in AppStore version, but it still didn’t help.

And all these troubles come out only when we install Testflight version over AppStore build (Updating AppStore build). If you install build (from Testflight) on clean device (and then update it from TestFlight) you do not encounter such errors.