Search Unity

[Official] Asset Bundle Q&A at Unite LA

Discussion in 'Asset Bundles' started by Reichert, Oct 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reichert

Reichert

Unity Technologies

Hi,

I just wanted to send a quick note to let everyone know we'll be talking about future development plans for Asset Bundles at Unite LA next week. If you are attending Unite, the session will be part of Track 2, Thursday at 1PM PST. I'll be sure to cross-post information from that session back here as well in case you can't attend.

-Stephen Palmer
    Build Pipeline and Asset Bundle Lead

2. Reichert

Reichert

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Here is my slide deck from the Asset Bundle breakout session at Unite LA. Thanks to all that attended. I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions here.

Update: The session video is now available:

-Stephen

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  3. liortal

liortal

upload_2016-11-10_23-33-25.png

Hosted on GitHub ? i thought you guys are BitBucket fanboys :)

4. Reichert

Reichert

Unity Technologies

Bitbucket is/was popular internally mostly due to Mercurial support. As we've grown, we've brought a lot more people that are comfortable/familiar with git and GitHub's workflows in particular, so there's been somewhat of a shift that way.

laurentlavigne likes this.
  5. Stormy102

Stormy102

Would it be possible to have the functionality of having a list of all of the currently loaded asset bundles as a readonly array? Like in the AssetBundleManager but it is added when you call your AB load function inside the Unity API?

6. Reichert

Reichert

Unity Technologies

Yes, this is tracked internally and we could certainly expose it in a low level API.

Stormy102 likes this.
  7. DrakkenWulf

DrakkenWulf

You can cheat in this regard because loaded asset bundle content does show up in Resources.FindObjectsOfTypeAll<GameObject>(), but does not show in UnityEngine.Object.FindObjectsOfType<GameObject>(). This was as of Unity 5.3.4p5. Walk the Resources list, and anything not found in the Object list is in a loaded (but not necessarily instanced) asset bundle.

Stormy102 likes this.
  8. Stormy102

Stormy102

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.