Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Not merging scripts properlysometime

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by FuzzyShan, May 19, 2017.

1. FuzzyShan

FuzzyShan

sometime when I use diffmerge between two conflicting scripts, after merge the merged file is incorrect. Unity 5-.6.0 f2

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

@FuzzyShan I'm sorry to hear that! Could you go into more detail on how the merged file is incorrect? Are your changes missing? Are your teammate's changes missing? Do you make sure to save the results of your diff before closing DiffMerge?

3. FuzzyShan

FuzzyShan

Yes Merged file comes out having different changes. I did click on save. It doesn't happen all the time, but sometime it just does.Usally it's not my teammate's changes are missing, more like my code I merged disappears.

4. balthazad-blake

balthazad-blake

please do provide more detail to resolve this faster to save your time

5. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Does your teammate have any issues merging your changes? Are you both working in different parts of the same script and trying to combine your changes? Or are you both working in the same lines of code?

You said that you're using 5.6.0f2 but that isn't the latest version of 5.6 that you could use. If you're not prepared to try any of the 5.6 patches then you could still try 5.6.0f3, which was first version of 5.6 that was shipped to all users, not just those in the Beta program.

You could also try a different merge tool if DiffMerge isn't working for you. If you're on Windows, you can try TkDiff and WinMerge. If you're on Mac, then you could use Apple File Merge or TkDiff.

6. balthazad-blake

balthazad-blake

i managed to fix the problem, i reinstalled and installed new components when installing the update of visual studios and it managed to fix the problem , i dont claim that this will fix the problem but it fixed it in my scenario, but my error was "unable to merge android manifests"

Please provide a detail error of the problem you are facing