Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

'Not Dead Enough'- a zombie apocalypse simulator- now in production!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by dtg108, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingjulien22

Kingjulien22

Will there be shotable limbs? I mean will you shoot a leg of a zombie and he will keep coming to you? That would be cool.
    And one more thing,this project is very ambitious,you guys are great hope you do the game,dont give up!

2. TVE

TVE

Yes there will, I am making zombie model, and will explain to dtg how to make that happen. Thanks for kind comments.

3. dtg108

dtg108

Hey KingJulien, like TVE said, there will be shootable limbs. Are you using hitboxes TVE?

4. dtg108

dtg108

We have a new texture for our department store made by Mark L, tell us what you think:
    $nails texture.jpg

5. TVE

TVE

No, I have better idea, I am rigging, which will separate the objects by name. Than when shot just re position at center of zombie so it looks like it got blown off. :]!

6. TVE

TVE

7. dtg108

dtg108

We have some terrain down, created by a great artist! The forest doesn't have everything yet, it'll seem a bit repetitive. He's also going to make it more "Dark" and create a more tense atmosphere. Try it and give feedback please: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/135029092/Assets.html

8. commander566

commander566

I just got around to making a unity3d account...
    I read up on the posts and saw someone ask the question what programs i use, i model, uwv map, and skin in 3ds max 2012 (64bit), and make the textures in cs 5.1 (64bit) photoshop
    $side1.jpg
    ive been working on a knife collection for in game use,
    (from top to bottom)
    left column
    1.Becker BK3
    2.Becker BK7
    3.m48 kommando guthook
    4.ACB90 ( i know it's not a real knife)
    right column
    5.gerber prodigy
    6. zombie killer death dagger
    7. USMC KA-BAR straight edge
    8. zombie killer chop stick
    9. M9 bayonet

I do take requests if you have an melee/ firearm that you really want to see appear in the game, just make sure its semi-realistic and post a link to the picture!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  9. dtg108

dtg108

Knives look good, James! Think you could do a 1911? :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  10. dtg108

dtg108

Also, here's some concept art WIP created by tapanui:

$Picture016_zpsd416db45.jpg

Meanwhile, I'm going to try to start modeling in Blender :D. Fingers crossed that I won't fail :O

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  11. dtg108

dtg108

BUMP: what did you guys think of the terrain?

12. TVE

TVE

Good luck with blender dtg :]

13. dtg108

dtg108

14. tutugah

tutugah

Well, the terrain link would be down for a while because dropbox is acting funny ( maybe the server is down...) and I really need to go to sleep, but I will fix it soon

15. dtg108

dtg108

Thanks.

16. tapanui

tapanui

could you add my name in there

17. dtg108

dtg108

Of course, sorry, didn't thin about that :D

18. Ethaninja

Ethaninja

<b>I'm just gonna pour my heart and soul into what I've always wanted for a game like this so... excuse me :p</b>

I believe you will needs the basics, pistols of sorts (try and steer away from the Deagle, too much :p), but things like the Glock 17, Beretta 92fs, and try not too make things too shiny.

I also think a good idea would be to have newer looking (or better working if you have a STALKER-like weapon decay system) weapons inside unlooted gun shops :D

I think a few military grade weapons should be there because lets face it, if my country had a zombie invasion, I'd throw my troops at it like they were potato chips and zombies were high-as-a-kite potheads :p But ammo should be relatively scarce :)

I'll update with some more when I can think of it XD

19. TVE

TVE

Good ideas, :] We could always make somethings later in development. We are probably going to start with a few basic weapons, like shotgun handgun and a machine gun. Then maybe a sniper, then we will start deciding what specific weapons are next. :]

20. squared55

squared55

If you want to start an all-out war between players for a weapon, then a sniper is the way to do it! :) (If halo is any indication).

21. TVE

TVE

True Dat! :]

22. levijgraham

levijgraham

23. tutugah

tutugah

That's nice but i think it would be more interesting if there will be a chance of getting up if you didn't hit the head
    I reuploaded the terrain link , and I tuned down the colors a bit , but I would like it to be as realistic as it can, as it is a sim...
    Also ignore the sky, as we didn't discuss if there will by day and night cycle?
    Tell me what you think
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/135029092/Assets.html

24. levijgraham

levijgraham

There is a day and night cycle I'm pretty sure. I'm working on that and making it so they don't get knocked down on every shot. Anyways, looks great! keep it up.

25. DAGames

DAGames

If it is gonna be a multiplayer, will it look similar to DayZ? And i really enjoy your IndieDB page!

26. ColeChittim

ColeChittim

@levijgraham I really like how if you don't hit them in the head they get back up. A couple of animation issues with the zombies and slight things like the gun being jerky but other than that really good. Really hard as well but I personally like it.

27. LeoSalles

LeoSalles

The terrain looks nice but it is lagging and I have a high-end GPU so check how many drawcalls you're making, click stats on the top right corner of the game view, also the trees seems to twitch when you get near and I think you're using the mouse Look script so the movement of the camera isn't smooth, maybe look into that. You can minimize the drawcall with some optimizing scripts, one of them is a standard already in unity "combine children".

28. TVE

TVE

Keep up awesome comments, I am working on animations for shotgun. :]

29. dtg108

dtg108

I loved the terrain, it wasn't lagging for me, great work on the AI levi!

30. LeoSalles

LeoSalles

It lags when you turn your head, because of the amount of drawcalls

31. TVE

TVE

If you turn fast it does. It has to do with the grass/flowers. You need to use raycast to only show what you look at. :] Or make your own grass/flowers

32. tutugah

tutugah

well there are around 500 draw calls, and the draw distance is set at 150 while it should be set at 100 which could cause some lag, but I will fix that. Also i could use some models for a farm and what surrounds it... I am considering of doing my own grass, as i'm not keen on this one

33. dtg108

dtg108

I think your own grass would be excellent. Can you model stuff for the farm? If so, that's great!

34. dtg108

dtg108

Not to mention that with our controller you won't be able to turn around that fast ;)

35. TVE

TVE

Try not to make it so slow, cause that can make people angry/frustrated. :] Have a sensitivity variable so it can be changed based on preferences.

36. levijgraham

levijgraham

Already have the sensitivity variable setup not to worry that is in there.

37. Nightmare Games

Nightmare Games

Nice

I like the way the camera is now, especially the first person view, its really awkward to shoot though, I don't know if dtg108 told you, but I hope to have a preview of the charecter im making ready this weekend, most likely sunday,It will only be the head,but its something :)

By the way I hope to have hair on the charecter, such as a beard or goatee

Im using c4d by the way so hopefully that results with a more detailed charecter

38. dtg108

dtg108

Great, can't wait to see the character!

39. commander566

commander566

A while back someone asked me if i could recreate shane's shotgun from the walking dead, I finally got around to remaking it
    left is a promotional photo of shane and the right is my model, let me know what you think!
    $sample.jpg

40. dtg108

dtg108

I love it, James, great work!

41. dtg108

dtg108

Zombie AI is updated. Tell us what you think!

42. levijgraham

levijgraham

43. janiashvili

janiashvili

Yeah, jumping system isn't made at all.

Maybe, if its hard to make, you'll remove jumping and make some pre-animated jumps for certain objects(like it is in rainbow six games)

44. levijgraham

levijgraham

I fixed the jumping system. Should function just fine now(Besides not having proper animations).

45. janiashvili

janiashvili

Now it works a lot better.

But camera(and weapon) acts a little bit strange, but overall it looks really great.

Besides that, house model needs a lot of editing, and those trees are placeholders, right?

46. levijgraham

levijgraham

what do you mean it act's strange what happens?(I know that shooting isn't accurate at all. Gun model is attached to the player model :|) House and tree model's are placeholder's.

47. janiashvili

janiashvili

Camera is rotating in wrong axis xD
    I mean, its rotating not only to the left-right or up-down, but also with an angle..
    Well, I can't find right words for that, but to simplify - camera rotating like its in space.

Well, I think word "rolling" can be used for that, camera isn't only looking to the left or up, but also rolling left or right

48. janiashvili

janiashvili

And, when you're hurt a little bit and you're running, it feels really great, it feels like you're running on some trash or stones or such surface, and I thought, maybe you can make so, that running felt different on different surfaces?

I mean, it was amazing, it was like you're running on some bumpy surface(and, when you see some pebbles and stones on terrain texture, it feels like you're really running on such surface).

Can you make that thing?

49. levijgraham

levijgraham

I'm still tweaking the rotation dampening to get it to feel proper. Like your walking in soft to hard surfaces(Mud, Dirt, Rock) I think i could do that. Was thinking about adding tripping say your running full speed and you instantly go up a ledge say 0.5 in step height there is a change you will trip.

Space feel should be fixed slightly.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  50. Nightmare Games

Nightmare Games

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.