Search Unity

none reward ads

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by toto2003, Mar 14, 2017.

1. toto2003

toto2003

hello unity ads,
    i have a simple question relative to integrate ads, as i m planning to monetize my app base on video reward ads, i was wondering showing a skipable video ads after a finish level would make sense? do i get any revenu from non reward/skipable video ads ? if not then why should i annoyed my player with it?

thanks

2. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Showing ads after the play session rather than before it makes sense, but consider showing the ads precisely before the player is about to quit and after they're satisfied about playing already - and only if the player chooses to. This way they won't be in such a hurry to get back to the game and are more likely to be interested in the content. Let them double their reward / give them a reward they'll need to wait to hatch and come later to check in the game.

If you have any further concerns about your integration design / would like to review it together with us - feel free to reach us at the support e-mail unityads-support@unity3d.com

3. toto2003

toto2003

thanks for your reply, so if i design my ads around a finished level, show them an ads, but the player don t watch until the end and skip the video, would it mean that we won't get any revenue from a skipable video ads ? but still boost our ecpm?

4. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

Skipped videos don't produce any revenue. Better approach would be only showing ads to willing players only and not allowing to skip them - the player would press a button in your game to watch the ad. This ensures they're watching the ads willingly - thus giving your game better quality traffic.

eCPM is an estimate on how much revenue on average you make per thousand users. It's not actually very informative nor userful and it's advisable to observe more useful metrics like ARPDAU (average revenue per daily active user) instead when determining performance.

toto2003 likes this.