Search Unity

Noice/Grain effect for Unity Free?

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by Denisowator, May 19, 2017.

1. Denisowator

Denisowator

I really need something like the Noise & Grain Image Effect that's available with Unity Pro's standard assets.

I've looked into pretty much everything, from using materials, animated textures (animated in many different ways), to writing whole scripts, shaders, and image effects.

I don't need anything special to happen with it. I just need a constant animated grain effect, to overlay the camera. I looked in the asset store, and on many tutorial videos, but either found nothing, or what I found was either outdated or just too complex for my purposes.

Does anyone have any ideas how to do this at the most basic level? And of course possible with the latest Unity version (not outdated).

2. LaneFox

LaneFox

3. Denisowator

Denisowator

4. araz01

araz01

5. mgear

mgear

6. araz01

araz01

7. youssefyehia299

youssefyehia299

I am using unity version 5.6.7f1 and there is no Package Manager.
    how can i get the Post Processing tool ?

8. Mauri

Mauri

The
    Package Manager
    came with
    Unity 2018.1
    . You were once able to get the
    Post Processing Stack

under this link, but Unity deprecated it.

Try the one on GitHub: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/PostProcessing/releases/tag/2.1.7

Is there a special reason why you're using 5.6.7f1 instead of a newer version?

9. youssefyehia299

youssefyehia299

Yes my computer is a 32 bit Operating system and the latest Unity version that supports the 32 bit is 5.6.7f1 , it would be really helpful if unity left the assets in the asset store so that old unity versions users could download it , anyways thanks for the post Processing pack it would really change my game look a 180 degree