Search Unity

No PC, Mac & Linux Standalone module loaded???

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Chillu4, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Chillu4

Chillu4

[SOLVED] Hello, So I wanted to export my game for windows, but it says there no module loaded for pc, mac or linux?
    Can someone tell me how to fix this problem? The only Platform I can export my game is Web Player. Can anyone please help me in this problem? Thanks

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    Ahdabs and elahiyan like this.
  2. Hertzole

Hertzole

You can choose what modules you want to be installed when installing Unity 5.3. Make sure you got them selected when installing.

For some reason they aren't selected by default so you can easily miss this important step.

3. Chillu4

Chillu4

Thanka for the help! :)

4. ozgurduygu

ozgurduygu

i was freaked out when i found i cant get builds for windows. thanks for your answer @RealMTG, it's such a huge design mistake to not install build modules by default.

5. almondbun

almondbun

In my case the problem was Visual Studio. The Visual Studio component that is included in Unity did not install correctly. Because of that the Unity installer quit after installing Unity but before installing any build modules. I did not notice that the first time. So make sure that the installer runs until the "Completing the Unity setup" dialog window is shown.

6. macropp

macropp

7. SpaceScape

SpaceScape

I actually checked everything on the list when I was installing it, but I still don't have them.

8. goat

goat

In my limited experience, it will often fail the 1st time you do this and you must manually install the desired modules but then next time you run the upgrade assistant it will then correctly uninstall and install all the modules. I leave mine running over night.

And I did have a Windows 10 blue screen while it was running - something I'm getting more of in Windows 10 after having them almost completely vanish from Windows Vista - Windows 8.1. If that happens to you, the Unity upgrade assistance won't know what it's completed - you need to start it all over. :-(

9. xanat0s

xanat0s

No it's not, doing it your way would be the exact opposite of efficient. Only downloading and installing modules one needs saves bandwidth on both ends and creates less clutter on development machines. That's why they're called modules. And it's not as if the Download Assistant is convoluted. It literally couldn't be any more straightforward.

10. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Did you install using Download Assistant?

11. Mopmop

Mopmop

Well, if there is an option in Visual Studio to install a Unity plugin, it would make sense that this plugin offers the same moduls to install too. Instead to download another Installer from a random page, not knowing how that will work together:
    will this installer see what is already on the system or will it download unity the complete package again?

Basically there is not much straightforward here. Sadly i had to figure out the same hassle beforw while installing Visual Studio 2015.

12. WobblyBob

WobblyBob

So, after all that, what do i actually do to fix this problem. I don't really like the idea of reinstalling unity completely because I have very fast internet and started it up at night and in the morning ( 8 hours later) it was only just finishing up. Any manual way to install the required modules?

13. miniduck

miniduck

I'm being company vpn/proxy and cannot use the download assistant.
    How to I solve this without using the download assistant?

14. ollethunberg

ollethunberg

Do I have to uninstall unity?

15. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

No, just run the download assistant. It's really very easy. Click the stuff you want, click install. The end.

--Eric

16. hairycub

hairycub

That's a fine idea, except when using the download assistant results in an afternoon of error messages like this:

And this:

Given the ongoing crapshow that is the Unity download assistant, "it's really very easy" is a very trite reply to the very real problem of having a simple way to install Unity with the modules that you want, all without wanting to smash your PC.

17. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

I haven't seen any messages like that; it's always worked fine here. Anyway that's unrelated to the question of stuff like uninstalling Unity.

--Eric

18. Logan PAUL

Logan PAUL

Same problem here.
    No one answered him...

I need Unity 5.3.X for Windows 32bits. And I need the "Windows Build Support" option. How can I do that ?
    If I use the "Download Assitant" : https://unity3d.com/get-unity/update, I can't choose the 32bits version, and I ll automatically get the 64bits version (which is not compatible with my project).
    If I use the Unity 5.3.X installer from here : https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive, I can't get the "Windows Build Support", since it doesn't have any other option than Unity and MonoDevelop. Here a screenshot :

So, is it impossible to get Unity 5.3.X for Windows 32bits and the "Windows Build Support" option ?

inastasache likes this.
  19. oleksiy

oleksiy

Unity Technologies

> So, is it impossible to get Unity 5.3.X for Windows 32bits and the "Windows Build Support" option ?

1. Install the windows editor 32 bit: http://netstorage.unity3d.com/unity/910d71450a97/Windows32EditorInstaller/UnitySetup32-5.3.3f1.exe
    2. Then install the windows support: http://netstorage.unity3d.com/unity...ySetup-Windows-Support-for-Editor-5.3.3f1.exe

Make sure to install in the same folder.

If you need a different version.. use the same hash and version number as the UnitySetup32 URL is using, to construct the Windows Support URL. Unfortunately it's missing from the archive website.

Unity5.4 will include Windows support in the Windows Editor Installer, and the same on mac.

Best regards.

20. WarpZone

WarpZone

Okay. So how do you get Windows build support on Windows for Unity 5.3.4 64 bit? The URL including the hash seems to be hidden behind a pull-down menu.

There's an "Open Download Page" button but it doesn't work.

Why is the new Unity so much worse than the old Unity? Why are they actively removing key features? "Oh, we're gonna put Windows compile back into the Windows Installer, and likewise for mac." Am I supposed to thank you for your generosity? What if I'm on Windows and I want to compile for Windows, Mac and Linux? LIKE UNITY HAS ALWAYS LET YOU DO RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX.

Stop altering the deal, you soulless corporate suits.

Edit: figured it out, I think. Link for my version is http://netstorage.unity3d.com/unity...ySetup-Windows-Support-for-Editor-5.3.4f1.exe

32/64 bit is apparently not reflected in the URL, apparently. Right-clicking on the pull-down menu gives you the opprotunity to copy the link target.

The rest of my rant about Unity's new business model and tactics still stands. You used to be better than this, Unity Team.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  21. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Removing features? Or just letting you choose what you want to install? Did you you really prefer multigigabyte installer that installs all platforms you will never touch?

22. lockay

lockay

Is there a way to do this without re-downloading everything?

23. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

You don't download everything, only the modules you actually need.

--Eric

24. AJ-at-VRSFX

AJ-at-VRSFX

That would be true if the module-per-module method actually worked the way it should. For instance, if download Unity on a Mac, and I check Mac Build support, I assume these are now separate downloads because (like you implied) you're supposed to be able to save HD space by downloading only the ones you need. However, if I check Mac Build Support and I don't check Windows Build Support or Linux Build Support, then none of them are enabled.

This is because they're all in the same window in Build Settings, and if one of them is missing, the entire window is disable. You cannot change the Platform dropdown unless you download them all.

I would guess the modules work great for establishing download independence among all modules except the standalone trio. You have to treat them all as one, and yet they are all separate check boxes. If Unity will slave them to each (or better yet, fix the standalone dialog in build settings) then it will save several hours of customers having to re-download the entire app just for this. (I tried to download just the missing modules after-the-fact - the whole app was corrupted and I had to wipe it and start over)

25. AJ-at-VRSFX

AJ-at-VRSFX

Also, somehow on the retry, the Download Assistant thought I didn't have enough HD space the second time even though the smallest free space left on any of my drives was 40GB. I had to wipe the Assistant and reinstall that too before it corrected itself. Almost seemed like it was looking at somebody else's computer.

26. AJ-at-VRSFX

AJ-at-VRSFX

One last thing - when you fire up the Assistant on Mac, by default Mac Build Support is checked and Windows & Linux are unchecked (which would make perfect sense if not for the issue I described above). As is, a vast majority of Mac users are probably running into this same problem simply by sticking with the default download settings.

27. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Except it works fine here (5.3 / 5.4) with only the Mac build support installed.

--Eric

28. BadSeedProductions

BadSeedProductions

I just downloaded the newest version and same thing. Apparently they aren't going to fix this...

(edit: the next time I downloaded it it worked, not sure what happened here)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  29. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Could you go into more details on what doesn't work?

30. Kiruga

Kiruga

Hi, I have the same problem (No PC, Mac & Linux Standalone module loaded), and can't apply the solution offered.

I have 64 bits OS (Win7) and I have downloaded "UnitySetup64-5.3.4f1".
    I have read that "No PC, Mac & Linux Standalone module loaded" error solves reinstalling Unity and choosing all the modules needed. But when I install or reinstall "UnitySetup64-5.3.4f1", I can't select any module because I never see the "Choose Components" step (images of installation attached).

Pressing "Install" button, uninstall starts. After the reinstall, problem continues.

I had the same issue with the StandardAssets: "UnitySetup64-5.3.4f1" haven't these assets, and I downloaded "UnityStandardAssetsSetup-5.3.4f1" from http://unity3d.com/es/get-unity/download?ref=personal (additional download link).
    How can I download these modules?

Regards.

31. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

32. Kiruga

Kiruga

Thank you very much, I am starting with Unity :)

33. Dhawbhk18

Dhawbhk18

hi i have unity 5.3.2 and when i try to instal just windows build what i must do ?? upload_2016-5-11_17-35-34.png

34. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

You took the windows support build from version 5.3.4f1, while the installed editor is of version 5.3.2f1

35. Remo W

Remo W

The PC I'm using to run unity is offline. I didnt and couldnt use the download assistant to install Unity. I need a way to DL the PC, Mac & Linux Standalone Module and take it over to my Unity comp.

I tried this link to no good effect: http://netstorage.unity3d.com/unity...ySetup-Windows-Support-for-Editor-5.3.5f1.exe

I could download version 5.3.3f1 from the link given, but I would rather ask about the best solution first.

OpOrtsac likes this.
  36. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Use download assistant on computer which is online, then run it and specify where the modules should be downloaded. Copy the downloaded modules to any PC you want...

37. OpOrtsac

OpOrtsac

38. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Download the packages via download assistant, you can specify where it should put them.

39. AnthonyHJ-SAH

AnthonyHJ-SAH

That's the same error I have. I am developing behind a rather paranoid corporate firewall on a PC with locked down security settings, so I can't use the all-in-one installer and the IT team can't really help me if the file I need isn't there on the server.

40. orb

orb

Can you get them via these links?

jhocking-ICS likes this.
  41. AnthonyHJ-SAH

AnthonyHJ-SAH

Yes, though convincing IT to use download links from a random personal website might be pushing my luck. The issue is on the server, not with the firewall; the firewall just stops me using the normal all-in-one installer.

All of the other files seem to be there and I was able to download the Android and HTML5 exporters, it's just the Windows Standalone one which is missing on the server.

42. orb

orb

It's not just a random personal website; that's just the index. Look at the package URLs - they're Unity Technologies' own ;)

evans_unity187 likes this.
  43. Allegro

Allegro

I had the same issue as described by Kiruga.

What finally worked for me is changing the install location from Programs to Program(x86) for

http://download.unity3d.com/downloa...ySetup-Windows-Support-for-Editor-5.3.5f1.exe install

After this I was able to change to Windows OS Build.

It seems like this 32-bit vs 64-bit issue is never going to get fixed. Why is this such an issue? I can't remember that last time I had an install go smoothly because of this BS

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  44. gogiii

gogiii

Why did they do this? At first I was like: "Oh, the editor is twice smaller than excepected!".
    But then... no Android and no PC module installed -> click here to download module -> 404 Not found! // using 64-bit 5.3.5f1
    So I had to download the DownloadAssistant. It's okay, but what if I want to install everything to offline machine?
    The assistant downloaded some setup files and allowed me to save into a folder, but they look tiny (around 152mb for pc + android) while additional installation happened around 900mb so I suppose it's downloaded something else from the network without giving me copy for offline.
    I guess we need to report an issue about the new installer. It was totally fine at 5.1.1f1...

45. javadiranboy

javadiranboy

we need to publish a project for xbox360 (extensions for pc)
    hello world anyone know! i need to export my project for my xbox360 no module for this how?can?i?export? i know! i most install a program (module) i need this please share it for mi or world

46. javadiranboy

javadiranboy

we need module for xbox360 just xbox360 please help as

47. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

You need to be a registered Xbox360 developer. It's nothing anyone here can help you with.

--Eric

48. inastasache

inastasache

I need 5.3.1f1 32bit but http://netstorage.unity3d.com/unity/910d71450a97/Windows32EditorInstaller/UnitySetup32-5.3.1f1.exe is 404.

marydatan likes this.
  49. orb

orb

50. mathewsbabu

mathewsbabu

Can we do windows app in MAC ??