Search Unity

No interstitial ads?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by jconley1994, Jun 6, 2016.

1. jconley1994

jconley1994

I used the simple setup source code to show an advertisement and it seems to be video only. No option to ad an interstitial to the app only a Rewarded Video and Skippable Video.

2. FritzH

FritzH

Developer Relations

That's correct, Unity Ads serves videos only.

Video ads generally have higher value and better user traction than interstitials, so we offer videos exclusively.

3. st33d

st33d

"Video ads generally have higher value and better user traction than interstitials"

You are wrong. We serve interstitial ads as well as rewarded ads. We have experimented with the format in many ways. Rewarded ads may pay more but they never make as much money in aggregate. This is from at least 20+ games on both app stores. Almost all of these games have been featured, you can consider me an expert on the matter.

If you offered interstitial then we wouldn't have to install 3rd party solutions.

bperry72 and Qbit86 like this.
  4. kerem-yokuva

kerem-yokuva

in the end we all go back to some "other" firm. Unfortunately.

5. klondyke

klondyke

Hi st33d - Sadly I'm a noob, and I'd like to ask you about ad platforms - is there any DM on this? Thanks!

6. gravitygames288

gravitygames288

Wrong. Unity Ads support interstitials.
    Go to Unity Dashboard > Your Project > Monetization > Placements > Add new placement > In the Ads type option, choose only Display.

PapaStout likes this.
  7. dor1991moshe

dor1991moshe

I saw the option but the actual ads are not displayed in game (Only the test screen in test mode) which probably means Advertisement.IsReady() is always false.

8. ronak9013

ronak9013

i am looking forward to create a gaming app where i wish to run rewarded ads as well as interstitial ads and as i know there will be 1k DAU. who will be playing for approx minimum half to 1 hour.
    1000x25=25000 (1000 DAU and minimum 25 rewarded viewed by each DAU)
    how much will i earn and how much more i can utilize to earn through ads by this much traffic?

9. PapaStout

PapaStout

Has anyone actually tested Unity's Interstitials? And do we get paid if the user sees the ad and closes/skips it, or only when they click the ad?

10. DenisasK

DenisasK

Unity Technologies

11. PapaStout

PapaStout

Hi Denisas,

Thank you for the link. That part of the article seems relevant:

So I think the answer is, "Yes, we get paid even if the player skips the ad." The payment amount will be smaller.

Could you please confirm that?

Thanks.

12. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

Generally the case is that the more your players interact with the ads, the better performance you'll have.

If you're giving players the option to watch the ads and they do - the users actually watching the ads will be overall more interested in the content, which is valuable for advertisers and our targeting algorithm and this should in time increase performance due to more and better targeted ads. So player behaviour, user experience, frequency of ads and everything that affects the amount your players interact with the ads will also affect your revenue.

In short: you should get a better ad performance if you show rewarded ads that can be opted in to instead of forcing ads and letting the players skip.

13. PapaStout

PapaStout

Very clear. That was great advice. Thank you.